Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

11 hours ago, Lois R said:

Good morning, I want to thank you for the reply you posted on that other thread.👍....I try not to let rude and obnoxious posts bother me and sometimes I have to really bite my tongue.  I appreciate your post very much🙂

Thanks Lois. I do have to be careful when I write a reply to something like that, especially on a Friday evening after a couple of glasses of wine.

By the way my son's pies were delicious. Just simple beef & vegetable filling similar in flavour to a Bolognese taste in a puff pastry.IMG_5304.thumb.JPG.a846ee331c2847fac991997f13a36af2.JPG

I didn't have time to present them prettily because between my two sons and husband they were disappearing fast 😅.

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, frantic36 said:

Thanks Lois. I do have to be careful when I write a reply to something like that, especially on a Friday evening after a couple of glasses of wine.

By the way my son's pies were delicious. Just simple beef & vegetable filling similar in flavour to a Bolognese taste in a puff pastry.IMG_5304.thumb.JPG.a846ee331c2847fac991997f13a36af2.JPG

I didn't have time to present them prettily because between my two sons and husband they were disappearing fast 😅.

They look really good to me!😃

51 minutes ago, jpalbny said:

Ha, I didn't realize that the concept of "drunken wisdom" had its roots in antiquity.

Alcohol definitely loosens lips!  Not convinced that all that springs forth is wisdom though!  Speaking for myself here! 🤣

1 minute ago, QueSeraSera said:

not familiar with Noble Caledonia, nor the .co.u suffix?  enlighten me while I grab a 2nd glass of sb.  Here we're trying to decide whether to book a NZ-Australia cruise 2 years from now  😐

Sure, go ahead and book! I am going in Jan 2023.......join me😃

• Like 1

Just now, QueSeraSera said:

not familiar with Noble Caledonia, nor the .co.u suffix?  enlighten me while I grab a 2nd glass of sb.  Here we're trying to decide whether to book a NZ-Australia cruise 2 years from now  😐

QSS, the "k" at the end of the url is cut off.

www.noble-caledonia.co.uk

I'm enjoying a rosé of mourvèdre myself. Back to the Olympics. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, QueSeraSera said:

Carpe Diem Que!  Myster and I have booked one for 2024.   Whether or not the universe conspires to make this happen or not we have time to dream. 😁

• Like 1

We're looking at 12/2023 on the Muse.  Auckland to Sydney.

43 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Sure, go ahead and book! I am going in Jan 2023.

OK, I'm going to compare that to what we are looking at.  Can't wait for our next Silversea cruise!.

44 minutes ago, jpalbny said:

Go USA!  But if we have to lose, Canada is a fine choice (women's soccer, congratulations Mysty!)

Would like to try that rose (how did you get the "accent grave" on the e JP?), very little red here till the Southern heat subsides, but chilled rose welcome.  2nd glass of sb already > half gone... uh oh.  But it is Saturday night!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, QueSeraSera said:

Would like to try that rose (how did you get the "accent grave" on the e JP?), very little red here till the Southern heat subsides, but chilled rose welcome.  2nd glass of sb already > half gone... uh oh.  But it is Saturday night!

I wrote that post on my mobile. The Samsung keyboard has all of those fancy letters! When I know that I need umlauts or French accents I usually either type the post on my phone or type it on the computer then immediately edit it on the phone to swap out the correct letters.

Plus I've downloaded the French and German keyboards to my phone, for when I'm doing Duolingo. Easier to type French or German with the corresponding keyboard, plus the predictive text means that I can type the first few letters and usually the work I want to type pops up. Saves time when racing the clock.

PS keep up - I'm already on to a G&T - tonight it's Magellan with Fever Tree Elderflower tonic. 😉

Edited by jpalbny
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, jpalbny said:

QSS, the "k" at the end of the url is cut off.

www.noble-caledonia.co.uk

Oh – and so was the final zero in the phone number:  020 7752 0000 [this is for calling within UK; from the US you have to add 011 44 and delete the first 0 (I think - I'm not good at this!)]

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, jpalbny said:

PS keep up - I'm already on to a G&T - tonight it's Magellan with Fever Tree Elderflower tonic. 😉

Here for you, life can be tough but the weekend is ours so into a 2nd bottle with my beautiful wife & just wish all were here.  Or on a ship together!   

mr mysty needs to introduce himself!  🙂  Confident I'd like the man.  But I understand hanging back, that's actually my default

Regrettably, a bit lost about downloading keyboards, but if you have it under control - You have my respect & Salut!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, QueSeraSera said:

Here for you, life can be tough but the weekend is ours so into a 2nd bottle with my beautiful wife & just wish all were here.  Or on a ship together!   

mr mysty needs to introduce himself!  🙂  Confident I'd like the man.  But I understand hanging back, that's actually my default

Regrettably, a bit lost about downloading keyboards, but if you have it under control - You have my respect & Salut!

Mr Mysty (I refer to him as Myster) is not on any social media.   He's a very social dude.   He's just not into the so-called "social" of social media.    He's a laid back gent with a good sense of humour.   Patient and kind and extremely tolerant of my shenanigans!  🤣

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Good news!  Just got confirmation from Noble-Caledonia that our September cruise from Mallorca to Malta is confirmed!

QueSeraSera

•  

We were unfaithful to  SS once  and did a Noble Caledonia cruise - worst cruise we have EVER done !!   So  good luck !!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1