Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

13 minutes ago, frantic36 said:

Glad you put the disclaimer in Mysty 😁. From what I have read your husband like my husband is very helpful around the kitchen in both cooking and cleaning. The very antithesis of what is described above.

Absolutely so!  😁  I wanted to make sure to highlight that this was not the case for me nor for others blessed with partners who are partners! 🥰

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, QueSeraSera said:

try to be

expect I've let Karen down more than once, but

try to be 🙂

Que,  based on your presence here, I would say that you get an A for your efforts.  Perfect partners do not exist in reality as we are all human.  The litmus test is not perfection it is kindness,  caring and understanding!  

• Like 5

Back in the day, I hiked across the Grand Canyon three different times.  I bought a book there titled "Death in the Grand Canyon", which was full of stories of people that met their demise there.  The #1 way this happened was gentlemen trying to pee off spectacular cliffs, although there are lots of other ways for it to happen.  So let that be a warning!  From what I've heard, however, now that everyone has a cel phone, turning your back to the canyon and standing near the edge for an awesome selfie is giving reason #1 a run for the money.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Will Work for Tiramisu said:

Back in the day, I hiked across the Grand Canyon three different times.  I bought a book there titled "Death in the Grand Canyon", which was full of stories of people that met their demise there.  The #1 way this happened was gentlemen trying to pee off spectacular cliffs, although there are lots of other ways for it to happen.  So let that be a warning!  From what I've heard, however, now that everyone has a cel phone, turning your back to the canyon and standing near the edge for an awesome selfie is giving reason #1 a run for the money.  

I'm impressed.  Philippe Petit only walked across it once!  [Or was that the World Trade Center???]  🤣

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Emtbsam said:

No.  I will have to dress up for my milestone birthday party at home.  It could be so much worse.

Emtbsam...I am so very sorry to hear this.  I was looking forward to meeting you.  I hope that the healing process will go quickly & wish you both the very best.  Life can be so unkind.

Edited by nowornever
bad spelling

A few updated pix of our wine cellar/dance floor. The project is very close to complete. Just a few small things to finish up...hopefully this week. 

Table and chairs were set up today near the wine cave.

20210816_183201.thumb.jpg.baaa436199055fc4ae751ed1be9f5ef1.jpg

And here's the dance floor. There's a full bath behind the open door.

20210815_195858.thumb.jpg.12e294f2f607c3922deaa23e9ccb0528.jpg

The sound system is hidden in a closet (you can just see the edge of the closet in the far left of this pic). Six in-wall speakers provide the sound. The TV cables and all of the speaker wires were carefully run and hidden in the ceiling and walls by me. It was easy to do, because I did it before the drywall went up!

20210815_195931.thumb.jpg.fda34b925a180084cfb55de482379dc2.jpg

And a close-up of the wine cellar. Lots of empty space. We need to start collecting! 

20210801_173445.thumb.jpg.5e9cfead7efa2b70a20a86a827b7f4bd.jpg

The Tiffany-style lamp is a special piece with great sentimental value to me. It was in my grandparents' house when they bought it back in the mid-1950s. For years it hung in the reception area of his office (he was a GP and had his office at his house). 

When my grandfather passed and the house was sold, the lamp went to my mother and it hung over her kitchen table for years. Amazing that my miscreant little siblings didn't destroy it!

I inherited it from her 15 years ago and never knew what to do with it, until now. We love how it fits into that space! Makes me happy to see it have another place to shine.

Edited by jpalbny
  • Like 7