New and Improved CC

15 minutes ago, Dixie1337 said:

Are you guys complaining about this on your phones?  I had zoomed to 110% in my browser for the old cc and had to back it down to 100% for the new because it was too big.

No, I'm using my laptop but the text is now darker or larger than it was earlier. 🙂

Edited by hancogran
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, mafig said:

Since I've replied to this thread I should have a blue star, right?

I don't.  The dot is gray, not bolded blue.  Does this mean I've replied?  Or just read?

My browser the Dot turned into a star if I just visited.  Blue=new posts Gray=no new posts.

Just now, steveru621 said:

My browser the Dot turned into a star if I just visited.  Blue=new posts Gray=no new posts.

What if I've posted on the thread?  This thread, for me, shows gray.  No indication that I've posted.  I went away for a few minutes and had a hard time finding the thread again.

5 minutes ago, steveru621 said:

Strange. My Blue Dot just goes away when I just read (visit) a thread.

I do get the star when i post to a thread. Blue=new posts Gray=no new posts as you said.

36 minutes ago, little britain said:

That is what UAT testing is for... to get the bugs ironed out before you roll it out.

LB - who has done a lot of UAT testing 

The problem is, often testers are too close to the new project and can't easily see the faults. That's why user beta testers are good.

22 minutes ago, Dixie1337 said:

Are you guys complaining about this on your phones?  I had zoomed to 110% in my browser for the old cc and had to back it down to 100% for the new because it was too big.

I'm on my 7 inch tablet right now and I can actually read better than when I was on my laptop.

OK, I see what you mean now.  

A star instead of a blue dot.  :classic_biggrin:

OK, now wait...…. I just went back.  I just posted, right?  It should show a star, correct?  It just shows a gray dot, no star.

Seriously, this is too much like work for me.  I have a cruise on Sunday.  I'll visit when I come back.  It'll be fine by then.....right?

Edited by mafig
addition

Just tried it today and it seems slow to me. I understand that there is no app anymore. Which I know I will miss. It was great just to have to open the app on my phone and not Google the site every time.

I’m not tech savvy so I’m sure it might take me a little longer to get use to this.  

6 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

No speed issues with mine and I been on/off all day. Like with every other change Cruise Critic has made in last 20+ yrs takes couple days get use to, but no Biggie...

True. By next week, we'll be used to the differences and begin to appreciate some of the new features.

One thing that I keep forgetting is that the "Go To First Unread Post" button is now outside the thread (the blue dot/star). I keep clicking into the thread first, then looking for the button. So the new way is much better - saves a click.  Kudo's CC 👍    (side note: lot's of new emjois)

Give me a few days. It takes awhile for this old dog to learn new tricks. 

They had mentioned the CC app was going away but I see Tapatalk is not working either. I really hope they have more sense than to restrict avenues to their own website. unless that is a method to reduce postings .  :classic_unsure:

BTW can someone tell me how to access favorites now?

Looks like they added an expand signature feature?  Or maybe I changed an option?

Not sure what the full impact will be (countdown clocks), but signatures are restricted to 6 lines.

Didn't there used to be a top of page button?  Not sure it's really needed since there is better navigation at the top and bottom of the page.

Darker text is much better!