Yappy Dog in Stroller on Reflection

jasm8449

3 minutes ago, rvmike said:

Bo 1953, where did you get that 7 minute barking time. A true service animal does not bark. I have no problem talking to these people using words they do not like.

r - it is an arbitrary time frame, although I must admit that four (4) or less would be most likely my limit....

bon voyage

Jeez what a thread because of one dog, lots of assumptions, generalisation, exaggeration, rude comments with posts deleated with few actual facts. Can we have one on disruptive children next then maybe one on rude seniors.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, yorky said:

Jeez what a thread because of one dog, lots of assumptions, generalisation, exaggeration, rude comments with posts deleated with few actual facts. Can we have one on disruptive children next then maybe one on rude seniors.

Plenty of those already

I am on this Cruise. My wife saw the dog in question and told me about it. She said it did bark at her and others as she went by. My wife actually asked if she could pet the dog because we miss ours and the lady said no you couldn't because she was a service dog. I personally have not seen the dog since I have been on the cruise and we are now at day nine.

• Like 1

How are these so called support  animals able to bypass the Celebrity Security team screening process when boarding the ship?

The security team will stop you for having liquor, steaming iron, flowers, surge protectors: but not these so-called support animals . Why?

Edited by cruise47

8 minutes ago, cruise47 said:

How are these so called support  animals able to bypass the Celebrity Security team screening process when boarding the ship?

The security team will stop you for having liquor, steaming iron, flowers, surge protectors: but not these so-called support animals . Why?

Because as of right now, Celebrity allows them unlike Royal which is slowly eliminating them.   

5 hours ago, yorky said:

If it was one dog it might not be a problem but the fact is this is becoming more of a problem on cruise ships.  If it wasn't Royal Caribbean would not have taken the actions it did a couple of weeks ago to eliminate these support dogs. 

Also, we have had other threads on this subject, it has been reported many times about the dogs being fed at restaurants, in the buffet line, peeing on the walls in the restaurants and barking at passengers. 

Edited by dkjretired
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, cruise47 said:

They are held in the Naughty Room so the owners can prove a need... LOL

bon voyage

On 10/29/2018 at 9:20 AM, jasm8449 said:

If this dog is indeed not a legitimate service dog, it is as distressing to me as people who illegitimately park in handicapped spaces

That clears things up. You have no clue if it’s legitimate or not. A service dog does not need a vest. You also are not required to provide paperwork. It’s against the law to even ask for it, unless it’s the policy of the airline or cruise line. It is not Celebrity’s policy. The cruise line will clearly listen to your complaints. But they won’t refuse these service animals. A stroller is a nice thing for the individual to bring in my opinion. It keeps the animal off the ground & actually keeps the dog cleaner. This person you are all making assumptions about is probably much cleaner than all the people I’ve seen come back from excursions and go directly to the buffet without washing their hands and refusing hand sanitizer. Snap more photos. It’s just showing your true colors. btw - some people have invisible disabilities and need handicapped spots. Do you take photos of them too? As others have stated it is a service dog not an emotional assistant dog. Why is there a confusion about this? This entire thread is golden. 😂😂😂

11 minutes ago, Naughty&Nautical said:

As others have stated it is a service dog not an emotional assistant dog. Why is there a confusion about this? 

Well I am confused. I missed the claim that it was a service dog not an emotional "assistant" dog, could you point me to that post?

• Haha 1

I am starting to believe they should just ban ALL ANIMALS on cruise ships. Period. I am fine with service animals at resorts or somewhere else that is land based where you have the ability to get away from them if they are acting poorly. But being stuck on a ship with a yapping dog is not my idea of a fun relaxing vacation. And someone carrying their dog through the buffet line is simply disgusting. If that offends someone so be it. I pay to go on cruises to relax, not listen to someones dog yap for a week. 

3 hours ago, Naughty&Nautical said:

That clears things up. You have no clue if it’s legitimate or not. A service dog does not need a vest. You also are not required to provide paperwork. It’s against the law to even ask for it, unless it’s the policy of the airline or cruise line. It is not Celebrity’s policy. The cruise line will clearly listen to your complaints. But they won’t refuse these service animals. A stroller is a nice thing for the individual to bring in my opinion. It keeps the animal off the ground & actually keeps the dog cleaner. This person you are all making assumptions about is probably much cleaner than all the people I’ve seen come back from excursions and go directly to the buffet without washing their hands and refusing hand sanitizer. Snap more photos. It’s just showing your true colors. btw - some people have invisible disabilities and need handicapped spots. Do you take photos of them too? As others have stated it is a service dog not an emotional assistant dog. Why is there a confusion about this? This entire thread is golden. 😂😂😂

If a dog is in a stroller it is not a service dog.   The service dog must be able to accomplish its task to the person it is trained to take care of, being in a stroller eliminates that.  Quite frankly none of your comments hold water and are not backed up by the law. 

From the US Justice Department directive that I posted in post # 10/

.Under the ADA, service animals must be harnessed, leashed, or tethered, unless these devices interfere with the service animal’s work or the individual’s disability prevents using these devices. In that case, the individual must maintain control of the animal through voice, signal, or other effective controls.

An animal that might not be on a leash according to the ADA  would normally be carried by the person as the animal may predict an oncoming seizure.  Just an example, being in a stroller precludes any of that. 

Edited by dkjretired
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Naughty&Nautical said:

Yea you people making fun of the handicapped’s service dogs. That will all come back to you in Karma. I bet it does bark when strangers try to pet it. 🤦‍♂️🎃👍🏻

You had better just stop cruising. I was on a Celebrity Cruise with 4 service dogs. The staff loves them. The captain adores them. They treat the handicapped very well. Sometimes the elderly just hate everything. I see there are many of you like this on this thread. Guest relations log all your complaints in the computer. It’s in your record- permantly. Try enjoying life. 😉 Cruising might not be the best hobby for you..

Once again NO ONE  is making fun of true service dogs, and certainly not of the handicapped (unlike some people who feel the need to insult the 'elderly').  We are talking about (supposed) support animals.  This woman claims the animal is a service dog.  Common sense and clear observation of the facts make that claim questionable at best. 

And even if it were true, the support animal comments overall stand as written.  It is getting out of hand as people try to take advantage of the system in a 'me first' world.  I have read about horses being used to provide support for certain disabilities including PTSD, depression, anxiety.  I have diagnosed anxiety for which I am being treated.  Does that mean I can bring a horse onboard to calm me down?  If not, why not??  An absurd point you say?  I say where does it end then?  A dog?  Maybe two dogs.  Maybe one of those dogs is a Great Dane.  Maybe two Great Danes.  Maybe an emotional support rabbit.  Or squirrel.  Or peacock.  Common sense and common courtesy need to prevail.

• Like 2

This reminds me of the Miracle in the Air.  We were heading to Florida on SWA and there were 10  individuals in wheelchairs waiting early boarding.   It is downhill to the plane.  When the plane landed, guess how many people needed a wheelchair to make it UP the ramp.  Answer was NONE.  Miracle....  What was bold was that two of the people in wheelchairs sat in the emergency row.  I made a comment to the attendant and they were removed from that row.

1 minute ago, keesar said:

This reminds me of the Miracle in the Air.  We were heading to Florida on SWA and there were 10  individuals in wheelchairs waiting early boarding.   It is downhill to the plane.  When the plane landed, guess how many people needed a wheelchair to make it UP the ramp.  Answer was NONE.  Miracle....  What was bold was that two of the people in wheelchairs sat in the emergency row.  I made a comment to the attendant and they were removed from that row.

Yep! Exactly! People will lie and go to extreme measures to get what they want when they want it just like this lady telling Celebrity that this useless yappy  fluff ball of a dog in a baby stroller is a service dog .... and apparently some people including here on on CC are naive enough to believe it, LOL! 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, keesar said:

Happens on every SW flight..the fakers are the ones who knock you down as they run off the plane, despite being instructed to stay seated for assistance! Makes it worse for those who really do need help and extra time!

This thread is closed. Without facts the discussion is based on unestablished conjecture. The process for boarding any animals onto a cruise ship is complex and requires a significant amount of advance paperwork.

• Thanks 3