Lawn Club Grill Favorites!

Nymich

We are heading out soon on our 5th Celebrity Cruise this time on the Reflection and wanted to ask those who have traveled recently what's the best dish and/or desert you had there?

Somehow we never booked there before....Thanks

25 minutes ago, Nymich said:

We are heading out soon on our 5th Celebrity Cruise this time on the Reflection and wanted to ask those who have traveled recently what's the best dish and/or desert you had there?

Somehow we never booked there before....Thanks

Since it is a grill... really the best choice is what you prefer...

We have had excellent beef filet, lamb etc. (rare)

The starter pizza is fun--be careful to not overindulge

Salad bar is typical and nothing special. 

Really it is a nice outdoor al-fresco venue --- and a fun change from an indoor dining experience

The filet, a shrimp skewer, lobster Mac n cheese, the salmon!  All great!  Unless you are with a big group I would skip the flatbread, it's actually just a full size pizza and you will be full before the good stuff comes out!

13 hours ago, akowilm said:

I would skip the flatbread, it's actually just a full size pizza and you will be full before the good stuff comes out!

19 minutes ago, Diamond lover said:

Ditto to the "watch out for the pizza".  While it was delicious, it was too filling, and I couldn't finish my wonderful filet! 

We order the flat bread pizza.  It is very good.  But, we tell them to make a "personal size" so we will not eat too much pizza, and not want our main course.

Then, I always order a filet and a rib eye. 😋

1 minute ago, Texed said:

We order the flat bread pizza.  It is very good.  But, we tell them to make a "personal size" so we will not eat too much pizza, and not want our main course.

Then, I always order a filet and a rib eye. 😋

Now THAT is brilliant!

I am going on the Celebrity Solstice next week, and I have wondered why they have "the Lawn Club" (which seemed useless to me on Reflection, nobody sat around on the grass watching movies you couldn't see or hear) but they do NOT have the Lawn Club Grille, which I loved!  I ate there twice, and once at lunch (amazing burgers).  Seems odd to me!

We're probably the only ones that were not thrilled with our lawn club dinner.  The flatbread was very good and we enjoyed some of that but wanted to fill up on our mains.  The salad bar was very basic and disappointing with few toppings and we wished for the oceanview salad bar.  We both ordered the filet steaks as well as shrimp and scallop skewers.  The steaks were soooo salty that I could only eat a couple bites.  It was cooked to order (medium rare) and very tender but the overly salty taste on each bite was too much.  The skewers were good and the the seafood done just right.  The mac and cheese had very little lobster and what was there had no flavour.  Fortunately the cookie and ice cream were good although we've def had it done better in local restaurants.  I did mention to the server, when he noticed I ate very little of the steak,  that we found the meat over salted and he offered to have them redone but by that point we didn't want to wait any longer.  We did ask if it's routine to add a lot of salt as a seasoning and he asked the chef who said he makes them like that all the time.  I guess we're just not big salt eaters, never add it to our food at home so I guess our tastebuds are overly sensitive to it now.  Steaks we had in Tuscan, twice, were delicious and definitely not over salted.  Maybe we just got a bad night at the Grill lol!   Hopefully the OP's dinner is at a higher standard!

4 minutes ago, Diamond lover said:

I am going on the Celebrity Solstice next week, and I have wondered why they have "the Lawn Club" (which seemed useless to me on Reflection, nobody sat around on the grass watching movies you couldn't see or hear) but they do NOT have the Lawn Club Grille, which I loved!  I ate there twice, and once at lunch (amazing burgers).  Seems odd to me!

The Corning Museum of Glass Hot Glass Show was installed next to the lawn on the first 3 S-class ships.  Lawn Club Grill was put there instead for Silhouette and Reflection.  I guess Celebrity decided on substituting a revenue generating venue instead.

1 hour ago, EatonDoolittle said:

Try The Celebrity Signature burger at lunch on a sea day. 

There are 4 or 5 burger options to choose from, all quite tasty. 

Thanks EatonDoolittle....I love the burgers during sea day lunches at the Lawn Club Grill, so I'll most certainly try the signature burger!

Yes, I would agree that the pizza at the beginning is too much food.  the first time we went to LCG, we had a loaded pizza and by the time I got to the end of the meal I could hardly breathe.

We order the filet and the seafood skewers.....so good. 

I was so disappointed when they changed the Glass show to one where you participate for a fee.  I was hoping they'd get rid of them all and replace with LCG.

2 hours ago, Barwick Cruiser said:

We're probably the only ones that were not thrilled with our lawn club dinner.  The flatbread was very good and we enjoyed some of that but wanted to fill up on our mains.  The salad bar was very basic and disappointing with few toppings and we wished for the oceanview salad bar.  We both ordered the filet steaks as well as shrimp and scallop skewers.  The steaks were soooo salty that I could only eat a couple bites.  It was cooked to order (medium rare) and very tender but the overly salty taste on each bite was too much.  The skewers were good and the the seafood done just right.  The mac and cheese had very little lobster and what was there had no flavour.  Fortunately the cookie and ice cream were good although we've def had it done better in local restaurants.  I did mention to the server, when he noticed I ate very little of the steak,  that we found the meat over salted and he offered to have them redone but by that point we didn't want to wait any longer.  We did ask if it's routine to add a lot of salt as a seasoning and he asked the chef who said he makes them like that all the time.  I guess we're just not big salt eaters, never add it to our food at home so I guess our tastebuds are overly sensitive to it now.  Steaks we had in Tuscan, twice, were delicious and definitely not over salted.  Maybe we just got a bad night at the Grill lol!   Hopefully the OP's dinner is at a higher standard!

I wouldn't rule it out after your disappointing visit.  I've eaten at LCG several times and would also have been disappointed if my steak was over salted.  Fortunately it was cooked just fine and we really enjoy eating there.  In fact, it's our favorite restaurant on Reflection.  One option you might consider......  you are welcome to join the chef at the grill and cook your own steak.

Having written this I now realize I should follow my own advice and give Tuscan Grille another chance.  On my first visit there my rib eye steak was terrible and I've never returned.  Many people love the steaks at Tuscan so I guess I owe it another chance on my upcoming Reflection TA.

Loved the skillet cookie but also loved the apple crumble dessert.  My husband said the carrot cake was the best he's ever had and he is a carrot cake snob 🙂

i loved the grilled veggies, the lamb chops, and the filet.

i agree with what others have said-flatbread is good but fills you up so you can't enjoy the grilled items and the yummy desserts.

The lawn grill is our favorite restaurant on the ship.  That is why we really prefer the Silhouette and Reflection.  First as previously stated, we enjoy the thin crust have it your way pizza.  My DH enjoys no cheese and I like the cheese-so they make it half and half with other toppings we both enjoy.  Then the Salad bar- typically but good and fresh (we come early)  .  Then he loves the filet , and I get lamb chops with grilled veggies- and sometimes fish or chicken instead of lamb.  We enjoy other sides also.

Then we get the warm cookie with a scoop of vanilla or chocolate ice cream.

Edited by Cruise a holic

7 hours ago, mahdnc said:

The Corning Museum of Glass Hot Glass Show was installed next to the lawn on the first 3 S-class ships.  Lawn Club Grill was put there instead for Silhouette and Reflection.  I guess Celebrity decided on substituting a revenue generating venue instead.

I was not a fan of the Corning hot glass show

Saw it on the Equinox and last year on the Eclipse. It was a hot day and those benches very uncomfortable. We left before it ended.

2 hours ago, Formerly known as Seabee said:

Is the LCG fee based?  a la carte? Flat fee? Reservations required?

Flat fee.  Used to be $30 but is now $45.  50% increase, but still worth it to me.  No limit on what you order - in fact the wait staff often encourages you to double up.  For instance I usually get a 1/2 order of lamb chops along side my steak. I also check during the day to see if I can get a discount and often have - up to 50% off.

We did not plan to eat there on our Silhouette 12/2018 cruise.  However, we were approached at the buffet on one of the last days, and offered a nice discount.  Even thought it was the 2nd "evening chic" night, the person making our reservation indicated that as it was up top, we were free to wear shorts, so I did (I was in plenty of company on that).  It was so delightful to dine, and the glass structure blocked much of the wind. 

My sister-in-law and I both had the filet, and it was done to perfection at medium-rare.  My wife had the lamb, and said it was one of the best she has ever had.  The flat-bread was good too...prepared in a wood-fired oven.  As others have said, be careful as it is very large and could spoil your dinner! 

We would certainly do it again!

We love the LCG.  Skip the salad, try the flatbread but don’t fill up.  The skewers are great. Leave room for dessert. The chocolate chip cookie was served in a skillet the first time we were on the Silhouette, four years ago, but this fall was in a ramekin. Still good, but not quite as good. Ask them to serve the vanilla ice cream on the side, or it just turns to soup in the ramekin.