New pricing strategy fleetwide starting April 4, 2019

mikkelhansen

Starting April 4, 2019, Celebrity Cruises will implement a new pricing strategy, effectively replacing the "Go Big/Better/Best" perk system. The new pricing strategy is called "Sail Your Way" (very clever, newly-invented name, never heard before in connection with Celebrity....), and will introduce three new price tiers:

-Tier 1 called "Sail" - Cruise-only fares (no perks included) for all cruises, seemingly only available with non-refundable deposit

-Tier 2 called "Sail Plus" - Includes 2 perks (choose from the usual four; Unlimited High-Speed Internet / Classic Beverage Package / Prepaid Tips / $300 to spend onboard), now ALSO available for inside staterooms

-Tier 3 called "Sail All Included" - Includes all four perks for all stateroom categories including inside - suites get all four perks plus upgrade to premium beverage package with Sail Plus and Sail All Included.

Furthermore, TA and TP cruises are now also applicable for Sail Plus/Sail All Inclusive, but Galapagos cruises are not.

Individual perks will still be available to buy via the Cruise Planner website.

It will definitely be interesting to see how much the prices change compared to the current pricing strategy. Personally, I would definitely be interested in the Sail Plus tier for our inside stateroom for the January 2, 2021 Equinox sailing, but it would depend on how much the price changes from my current booking.

FAQ available here: http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Sail_Your_Way_Elements_FAQs_internal.pdf

Info flyer available here: http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/SailYourWay_AprilOffer_Flyer.pdf

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Thanks for posting. So all fares where you don’t purchase the 2 Sail Plus perks are now non refundable, irrespective of cabin type i.e. unless you pay for the extra 2 perks for an inside cabin, your deposit is now non refundable? Does this also mean all resident, seniors and special pricing is non refundable unless you take the add-ons too?

2 minutes ago, Toftwood said:

It will be very interesting to see how this is marketed in the UK where our deposits are always non-refundable...........there is nothing that I can see yet on Celebrity’s UK website.

It was being talked about yesterday on a predominant UK group, so they probably got the info from a TA.  I thought it might have been a UK only special until I read this.

1 minute ago, Toftwood said:

It will be very interesting to see how this is marketed in the UK where our deposits are always non-refundable...........there is nothing that I can see yet on Celebrity’s UK website.

We don’t get “go big/better/best” deal in U.K. 

It will be interesting to see if this deal is introduced in U.K. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, villauk said:

Thanks for posting. So all fares where you don’t purchase the 2 Sail Plus perks are now non refundable, irrespective of cabin type i.e. unless you pay for the extra 2 perks for an inside cabin, your deposit is now non refundable? Does this also mean all resident, seniors and special pricing is non refundable unless you take the add-ons too?

We will have to wait and see how the prices look. We book balconies but I'd rather have the lowest , no perks price -  not interested in a non refundable deposit. Inflated prices with perks just means travel insurance costs more, at least for us.

10 minutes ago, mfs2k said:

This is a new promotion.  Not a new booking strategy.

According to the flyer, cruise must be booked 04/04/19 – 05/01/19.

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/SailYourWay_AprilOffer_Flyer.pdf

That’s not what the first link says. X states that this will be their pricing strategy going forward.

You posted a link to their newest promotion.

Edited by C-Dragons

Just now, C-Dragons said:

That’s not what the first link says. X states that this will be their pricing strategy going forward.

Well, there's conflicting information then.  The flyer is very clear.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mfs2k said:

Wouldn’t be the first time that has 

happened... 😁

The language in the first link is also pretty clear too.

Edited by C-Dragons

9 minutes ago, mek said:

We will have to wait and see how the prices look. We book balconies but I'd rather have the lowest , no perks price -  not interested in a non refundable deposit. Inflated prices with perks just means travel insurance costs more, at least for us.

I was actually thinking about our own circumstances where we book two cabins, usually a balcony for us and an inside for the kids. It appears then that we’d have one reservation as non-refundable (the inside for the kids as they don’t need the perks) and another that was fully refundable 🤷‍♀️. Obviously, like you say, we’d have to compare the pricing, but I can see those base inside fares rising so they don’t look as good compared to when the 2 perks are added.

3 minutes ago, mfs2k said:

Celebrity's promotions are almost always only running for a month at a time - until they are then prolonged. It says clearly in the FAQ that Sail Your Way replaces Go BBB. I suppose the "promotion" is due to the strategy being pushed out actively the first month, and after this month (or for how long CC might prolong it) it is "common procedure" that CC books cruises with this pricing strategy.

• Like 1