Carnival Towel Animals

Babynan

Hi.
Does anyone know if Carnival cabin stewards still make the towel animals?

The reason I ask, is our daughter has just come back from a cruise with P&O from Southampton to Amsterdam and Bruges, and she said they stopped doing them.

I was surprised, because I know that Carnival own P&O, and they always used to do them.

Thanks
James

And you might have to ask your room steward what it is....They don't do them on HAL or Princess either (both in Carnival family of lines) but I suspect if you had a young child and the steward knew how to make some, they might...EM

35 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

And you might have to ask your room steward what it is....They don't do them on HAL or Princess either (both in Carnival family of lines) but I suspect if you had a young child and the steward knew how to make some, they might...EM

We were on the HAL Nieuw Statendam in February and they were doing them then. We loved them!

It depends...if you purchase FTTF (Folding to the Fun), you will be guaranteed to receive one upon embarkation and then every night in your room after pm turn down service

If you elect not to purchase FTTF, then you will have the option of purchasing the DIY book from your room steward.  The book is $15.95 plus 18% gratuity.  If purchased in port you may be subject to local state taxes as well.

YMMV!😉

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Roscoe13 said:

It depends...if you purchase FTTF (Folding to the Fun), you will be guaranteed to receive one upon embarkation and then every night in your room after pm turn down service

If you elect not to purchase FTTF, then you will have the option of purchasing the DIY book from your room steward.  The book is $15.95 plus 18% gratuity.  If purchased in port you may be subject to local state taxes as well.

YMMV!😉

And I thought FTTF meant Faster to the Food!

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, emoorehead said:

Other lines are discontinuing them (NCL, I know for sure), saying that they create too much laundry.

To my knowledge, Carnival is still doing them.

My last three stewards have been using the same towel and changing it up each day.

• Like 1

On our upcoming cruise we have 2 cabins- I'll ask the steward to make sure our cabin with my grandson has a towel animal every day, but let him know he can always skip ours- been there, done that. But I'm looking forward to seeing my grandson's reaction to them every day!

1 hour ago, saltshell said:

I always request no animals. Feel it's a waste of time, resources, and space. Guess I'm just a party pooper.

I do as well when I sail solo.

Otherwise, by the end of the week we wind up with 6 different towel animals in our cabin.  (perhaps being diamond has something to do with it?  IDK).  If it wasn't Passover and Easter, I'd post a pic of how I arrange them and then I'd get a reprimand letter from the mods as well.

I have not read everyone's replies, but I have cruise on the large, medium, and smaller Carnival ships.  I just got off the Fascination the 7th of this month, and they are still doing the towel animals.  I know sometimes on the bigger ships, they do the towel animals on the lido deck also, and have many sitting out around the pool area for everyone to see.

John Heald addressed this last week (I think last week).  The towel animals are not going anywhere (on Carnival)!

We occasionally need an extra towel, so a towel animal may get sacrificed to meet that need, but usually we try to keep them all throughout the cruise.

I used to have the DIY-towel-animal book.  Not sure I still do.

• Like 1

The "Towel Animal Takeover"  on the Lido deck has been really early in the morning on my cruises...if you are not an early riser you may never see it!  I wish they advertised it as I will have my granddaughter with me next cruise and she would love it!  But she is NOT an early riser!  LOL