Loyalty OBC

denmarks

On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 2:27 PM, denmarks said:

I agree that anything is better than nothing but a free cruise periodically would be nice.

Actually, we would prefer if they just give us our own cruise ship :).

Hank

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, kywildcatfanone said:

And that is per cabin, not per person, right?

My understanding is that if a couple sailed together on their first Princess cruise as husband and wife, their Captain's Circle numbers would be the same except for the letter "A" at the end of his and the letter "B" at the end of hers. If they reach the level where they get loyalty OBC, then it's just by cabin. But people with different Captain's Circle numbers, who both qualify on their own to receive loyalty OBC, will both get it if they share a cabin.

9 minutes ago, geoherb said:

My understanding is that if a couple sailed together on their first Princess cruise as husband and wife, their Captain's Circle numbers would be the same except for the letter "A" at the end of his and the letter "B" at the end of hers. If they reach the level where they get loyalty OBC, then it's just by cabin. But people with different Captain's Circle numbers, who both qualify on their own to receive loyalty OBC, will both get it if they share a cabin.

Woo-hoo we have different numbers and not consecutive 

3 hours ago, Griller said:

If a US passenger's  cruise is on an AUS$ ship is it still the same number of dollars or inflated by the exchange rate?

I’m from Aus and only at the $25 level and since getting there it’s always been around $32 that I have gotten as OBC. That is for sailings from Aus so the ship is in Aussie currency. I’m always happy with that ! 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Hlitner said:

Actually, we would prefer if they just give us our own cruise ship :).

Hank

And paid all the running costs. Actually tried to talk someone into buying Ocean Princess, he wouldn’t be in it.

Not OBC but I was impressed as a Ruby member on 4th cruise both my wife and myself got $100 off the price of our cruise just for being part of the Captain’s Circle loyalty program.  Very happy for this bonus and hope I sail enough cruises to get the free OBC.

Edited by Wellou2

Disclaimer: You might dismiss this as a jealous rant from a mere platinum member.

I find some of the posts here complaining about the size of the loyalty OBC. coming off sounding like a pouting child on Christmas morning whining because they thought they should have gotten more presents. Princess does not have to give you anything, just like they do not have to give me and other vets OBC in recognition of our service.  Be grateful for what you get.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, kate59 said:

Woo-hoo we have different numbers and not consecutive 

7 hours ago, geoherb said:

Geoherb: I'm pretty sure that is incorrect information.

kate59: DH and I have different numbers (and not consecutive) and get ONE loyalty OBC.

And we definitely have shared the same cabin on every one of our cruises.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/5/2019 at 12:41 PM, Thrak said:

I'm frankly amazed they give any loyalty OBC.

Question: What other cruise lines offer loyalty OBC and is it better than what is offered by Princess?

RCL gives $150 off balcony or higher category towards the fare (not OBC)

I got off the Golden yesterday and there were no blue tote bags, no tubes of shampoo or conditioner for elite members. The perks are disappearing.

I believe Princess needs a new tier at 50 cruise credits with some substantial perks to reward real loyalty. RCL started their new tier as Pinnacle. 

Edited by cruzsnooze

12 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

This is Princess' attempt to balance out the differences between "marriage penalty" and "solo cruising".  It is a delicate balance, but I believe it is tipped in the favor of couples that are married.  Then there is the mini-bar.  One per room (not including suites) regardless of how many single/couples are elite.  Life is not fair.  I am thankful for all gifts from Princess.

I would not call anything a marriage penalty but a solo bonus. A single pays about the same as a couple and should receive equal benefits. I get double the onboard credits and number of cruises.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, cruzsnooze said:

RCL gives $150 off balcony or higher category towards the fare (not OBC)

I got off the Golden yesterday and there were no blue tote bags, no tubes of shampoo or conditioner for elite members. The perks are disappearing.

I believe Princess needs a new tier at 50 cruise credits with some substantial perks to reward real loyalty. RCL started their new tier as Pinnacle. 

Princess does give a lower price for returning passengers. Go to the website and check prices when signed in and not signed in.

1 hour ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Geoherb: I'm pretty sure that is incorrect information.

kate59: DH and I have different numbers (and not consecutive) and get ONE loyalty OBC.

And we definitely have shared the same cabin on every one of our cruises.

My husband and I have the same Captain's Circle number with the exception of his ends in A and mine in B.

Actually my three adult children all have the same Captain's Circle as us as the first time they sailed it was with us.  Theirs end in C, D and E!

8 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

The BIG question is...do you both get the Loyalty Credit?

I'm pretty sure Geoherb was correct, for a couple who both are elite and have the proper number of sailings, you still only get one $25 credit, not one each.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

I'm pretty sure Geoherb was correct, for a couple who both are elite and have the proper number of sailings, you still only get one $25 credit, not one each.

Geoherb was partially correct.

This is the part that was incorrect: But people with different Captain's Circle numbers, who both qualify on their own to receive loyalty OBC, will both get it if they share a cabin.

I know it's incorrect, because as I stated in another post...DH & I do not share our Captain Circle numbers (they are different) AND we get ONE Loyalty Credit.

Look at it this way. OBC can be stated as per room or per person with 2 to a room. They are the same. For example I am travelling as a single and am getting $400. A couple gets $200 each. A single gets double since he pays double.

The $25 credit for 21 cruises can be stated as $12.50 each for 2 in a room or $25 total. There is no difference. A solo gets double.

51 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Geoherb was partially correct.

This is the part that was incorrect: But people with different Captain's Circle numbers, who both qualify on their own to receive loyalty OBC, will both get it if they share a cabin.

I know it's incorrect, because as I stated in another post...DH & I do not share our Captain Circle numbers (they are different) AND we get ONE Loyalty Credit.

I was told by a Captain circle host that only unrelated persons in the same cabin qualify for individual loyalty cabin credit. 

On 5/7/2019 at 6:50 AM, nukesubsailor said:

Use your loyalty onboard credit to order multiple plates of chocolate strawberries delivered to your cabin.

Chocolate dipped strawberries

Fresh strawberries hand-dipped in both white and dark Swiss chocolate. (4 pieces)

Item #3008 - $8.00

I don't think this was supposed to happen BUT... I'm a solo vegetarian who switched out the free hors d'oeuvres on formal night for chocolate strawberries. Told them there's nothing on their list I can eat, why not fruit? Got strawberries 😁

Edited by Ombud
Hate auto correct
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, paul929207 said:

There are so many Elites on cruises these days that it doesn't seem Princess needs to offer any additional incentives.

That may not always remain the case if they keep cutting back on the perks. 

15 hours ago, Griller said:

If a US passenger's  cruise is on an AUS$ ship is it still the same number of dollars or inflated by the exchange rate?

From recent (last month) experience, if the ship is in AUD ALL OBC is in AUD at a 1-1 ratio.  This is different, two or three years ago when it was given at close to the current exchange rate. to me it seems we lose about 30% in buying power since prices are in AUD but as has been stated   Anything is better than nothing.

6 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

That may not always remain the case if they keep cutting back on the perks. 

Ummm REALLY?!? These are free extras. And they increase as the #cruise tally increases. Plus stackable (I'm up to 585 OBC for my July 2019 cruise). How is this a reduction? I still get more OBC as my cruise # increases plus other freebies 

We all have a choice to cost out our vacations. When we find an option that gives us more bang for our $$s we jump ship (pun intended).