unwrapped flatware in Windjammer!

4 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

EVERY ship needs to have washing stations at the entrance to the Windjammer, and they need to MONITOR them to be sure that EVERY person washes his/her hands before entering.

Until that one special passenger puts their clean fingers up their nose or in their mouth and proceeds to spread their nasty germs! 

Why is cutlery called flatware?

There are lots of places where the cutlery does not come wrapped in a napkin on board & on land, and lots of ways for germs to be spread - not sure that them not being wrapped in WJ makes a huge difference. We just need to take the best measures to minimise our health at all times.

10 hours ago, mek said:

I like the idea of being able to just get what you want or need.  It would be nice to be able to get an extra cloth napkin without all of the flatware.

Anthem had a couple of bins with just folded napkins. I always take one to use as a place mat.

4 hours ago, twangster said:

My bigger pet peeve in the WJ are people who use the tongs then drop the entire tong, handle and all, into the food.  

Mine is people taking their dirty plate back up for refills.....I wish there was a sign telling people to use a clean plate each time. This happened I noticed a few times last week on my Vision cruise.

1 hour ago, gaylemh said:

Anthem had a couple of bins with just folded napkins. I always take one to use as a place mat.

That is a great idea.   Wonder if LB was furnishing the cotton napkins separately?  Who wants to eat off a bare, barely washed, table.  We always use an extra napkin as a placemat.  We ask the servers first, and if they cannot furnish the napkin, we unwrap a second set of flatware.  

1 hour ago, gadaboutgal said:

That is a great idea.   Wonder if LB was furnishing the cotton napkins separately?  Who wants to eat off a bare, barely washed, table.  We always use an extra napkin as a placemat.  We ask the servers first, and if they cannot furnish the napkin, we unwrap a second set of flatware.  

Wind Jammer use to always have linen table clothes for Dinner. Was still Casual but no swimwear was allowed in there day or nite...

4 hours ago, gadaboutgal said:

They are NOT cotton.  I wish that they were.  They are some sort of polyester and completely NONabsorbent.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

Maybe they should just give everyone disposable gloves upon entering the WJ and require that they be worn during the entire meal😇

Go all the way, make everyone wear a hazmat suit.😉

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

They are NOT cotton.  I wish that they were.  They are some sort of polyester and completely NONabsorbent.

Agree.  They certainly are not "linen" as others have referenced.

Wrapping the utensils in a napkin also helps keep knives, forks and spoons off of the floor. Much easier to hold onto a neat little bundle than holding individual implements while holding a plate AND using tongs at the buffet.  

Speaking for myself, who’s partially disabled with limited use of my hands, it’s always been easy peasy to tuck that little “bundle” under the same arm that I’m carrying my plate with. 

5 hours ago, dreamer976 said:

Speaking for myself, who’s partially disabled with limited use of my hands, it’s always been easy peasy to tuck that little “bundle” under the same arm that I’m carrying my plate with. 

I'll even put the bundle in my pocket to keep my hands free.  😲

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Cru1s1ng2009 said:

only on cc can we have a 3 page discussion about wrapped silverware. And we discuss cutlery, flatware, silverware. LOL

You must have missed the docudrama saga about pepper grinders and salt & pepper shakers.

I'm just going to wait for the DVD to come out on those.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, dreamer976 said:

Wrapping the utensils in a napkin also helps keep knives, forks and spoons off of the floor. Much easier to hold onto a neat little bundle than holding individual implements while holding a plate AND using tongs at the buffet.  

I always put the wrapped silverware in my pocket, gives me full mobility of both arms to gather food.