Why Cruising?

Harley52

Should I or shouldn't I cancel my 12 day Alaska cruise?  I feel that the cruise doesn't offer what it advertises nor guarantees.  Whales, bears and moose.  Maybe I am wasting my money.

1 hour ago, Harley52 said:

Should I or shouldn't I cancel my 12 day Alaska cruise?  I feel that the cruise doesn't offer what it advertises nor guarantees.  Whales, bears and moose.  Maybe I am wasting my money.

Why waste your money flying across the continent. Go out to your back door and see Whales, Bears and Moose.  And you can sip some Screetch  and kiss the cod while you're doing it. Can't do that in Alaska. 

😀😉

Edited by DirtyDawg
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Harley52 said:

Hi

When I went I saw whales and bears. No Moose, but from what I understand, Newfoundland is the place to be. 

3 hours ago, Harley52 said:

Cunard probably is not the best value for Alaska, unless the ship is your destination and you like to travel in their style (dressing for dinner, etc).

Any cruiseline can offer you guaranteed whale sighting on an excursion to Auke Bay (a Juneau excursion) -- the excursion offers your money, or most of it, back if you do not see whales. No one can offer guaranteed bear or moose sighting in the wild because they are wild! But if that is your goal, you need to be booking a Princess or Holland America cruise-tour (sea and land) with a stay-over in Denali. 

Or you can do what we did for my family and book the HAL 14-day Great Alaskan Explorer cruise THIS YEAR and do Auke Bay in Juneau, Fortress of the Bear in Sitka, and rent a car in Anchorage and drive down to the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center. Guaranteed!

Don't cancel. Go and see for yourself. I've seen whales on all five of my cruises to Alaska. I've seen bears on two. Eagles on all of them, harbor seals, mountain goats, sea otters, Dall porpoises, glaciers, etc., on all of them

Seems like you've been regretting your impulse in booking the Alaska cruise for at least 12 days (since you posted the other thread). Doesn't seem any point in going if you're this reluctant. Cancel. Then take a longer time to consider the pros and cons of your next cruise before you book it.

By the way, I hope it's a refundable deposit.

20 hours ago, Harley52 said:

Whales, bears and moose?

Harley, see if you can change to an Oz cruise--lions and tigers and bears.  Oh, my!

🤣🤣🤣