Husband/Wife Dispute

k9151

Help !!! We are headed out on the Equinox next week and wondering if the main dining room attire has changed? We haven't cruised on Celebrity in 5 years... Wife says slacks and collared shirt and I say shorts and collared shirts!  Who's right ???!! Help a brother out!

2 minutes ago, k9151 said:

Help !!! We are headed out on the Equinox next week and wondering if the main dining room attire has changed? We haven't cruised on Celebrity in 5 years... Wife says slacks and collared shirt and I say shorts and collared shirts!  Who's right ???!! Help a brother out!

No shorts at dinner in MDR

• Like 1

Everything I’ve read says no shorts in the MDR any night. Slacks, nice jeans, collared short or long sleeved shirt. Plenty of threads on dress code to check.

Enjoy your cruise.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, k9151 said:

Just accept what you are told...Happy Wife=Happy Life...

Agree with others, trousers plus shirt/polo standard evening dress.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, k9151 said:

Does it matter what the "rules" say? Your wife said slacks and a collared shirt. I'm coming up on 28 years and learned long ago not to disagree...

(And, no, shorts are on the "no" list for dinner; breakfast and lunch are OK.  You lose twice on this one, I'm afraid.)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, k9151 said:

No shorts at dinner, big boy pants

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, k9151 said:

How long have you been married?

Well, apparently not long enough to know that the woman is always right.  😉😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, chemmo said:

Just accept what you are told...Happy Wife=Happy Life...

Agree with others, trousers plus shirt/polo standard evening dress.

I'd rather say: "Happy spouse, happy house."That seems to me to cover more in terms of political correctness."Yes dear " seems to end most arguments around my house.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, robertacrusies said:

I think the rule is good - but I did see people in shorts at dinners?

Occasionally may happen for the poor souls whose luggage didn't make it to the ship (and foolishly didn't pack a change of clothes in their carry on). Or on the first night for those whose luggage wasn't delivered to their cabin before dinner, and also foolishly didn't pack a change of clothes in their carry on.  And then there are people like the PP... 

Shorts are not allowed in the MDR, BUT on our last B2B Aug 17 and 24 there were shorts every night and it got worse each night.  I have to say, living in California, that shorts are fine everywhere, but NOT on the ship at night in the MDR.  I met with the food and beverage manager and we had a long conversation about it and he said he was aware of the issue and putting a STOP to it.

So,  NO Shorts at night in the MDR

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, CulverCityCruisers said:

Shorts are not allowed in the MDR, BUT on our last B2B Aug 17 and 24 there were shorts every night and it got worse each night.  I have to say, living in California, that shorts are fine everywhere, but NOT on the ship at night in the MDR.  I met with the food and beverage manager and we had a long conversation about it and he said he was aware of the issue and putting a STOP to it.

So,  NO Shorts at night in the MDR

Now that's funny. According to your post he didn't. 

• Haha 1

Shorts for sure the 1st night and I have been known to wear them other nights too.  Never been denied entry or even given a dirty look from the staff....from other guests well usually just the wives that are hearing it from their husbands about other fellas wearing shorts to dinner.  

That's for Caribbean sailings. 

• Like 1

Wife is correct....unless you plan on dining in the buffet each night. We've been on many, many Caribbean sailings and except for an occasional pair of shorts on the first night, I've seen men and boys sent back to their cabins to change. Only on one Caribbean sailing from San Juan on Summit did I see a man in the MDR wearing shorts in the middle days of a cruise. Save yourself the hassle and listen to DW.

7 hours ago, k9151 said:

There it is .. wife wins ! I will tell her to start packin!

Actually, going on a cruise you both "win." 😉 That said, shorts in any dining venue other than the buffet is a "no-no" on Celebrity. No need to be gussied up, just nice slacks with a collared shirt.

Have a great sailing!

16 hours ago, k9151 said:

Please join our roll call here the link.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2652875-roll-call-september-7-2019-western-caribbean/