How do you carry your phone?

jenprovencal

This will be our first cruise in December and we are counting down the days for sure! A question for those experienced cruisers, how do you carry your phone and sign & sail card around the ship? I don't want to carry a purse obviously and a lanyard around my neck is not really my style. I will use my phone for pictures so I would like to have it with me. 

Thank you!

I would advocate against getting one of those stick-on CC holders for your phone.  Many different kinds of cards, especially room keys, get de-magnitized when carried next to cell phones.  I see it multiple times everyday at my hotel.  

You have to carry something or make sure you have pants or shorts on that have pockets big enough to carry your phone in one pocket and your card in another.  I can't think of any other choice.   My new leggings from Athleta has 2 zipper pockets, big enough for a phone.  My hiking convertible pants have pockets big enough for a phone.  I'm sure you can find nice shorts or even a skort (some from Athleta, Title Nine, etc.) have pockets for phones.  A tennis skirt with a ball pocket could be used to carry the phone,  

• Like 2

I wear a lanyard for cruise card as it’s simple and I always know where it is - just tuck it under my shirt if I don’t want to display it. Typically keep phone in the safe but have used small cross body when I want photos.  (Never turn on phone or media functions though... 😁)

On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 10:42 PM, Rsparis said:

Hi, looking through the pictures......for the size of the those? 100.00 or more for most of them? Way too

pricey (just my opinion).

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi, looking through the pictures......for the size of the those? 100.00 or more for most of them? Way too

pricey (just my opinion).

At first, I thought it was pricey and it took me a few months to finally buy it. But when I looked at the big picture of having to replace my phone if dropped or having it swiped by pickpockets I felt the price was worth it for me. Plus, I use my phone as my camera and I hate trying to dig it out for photos and sometimes would miss the perfect shot. This keeps my phone handy and safe.

if you watch the website, they often have sales and can be gotten much cheaper.

Also here is a similar product but much cheaper

https://www.amazon.com/ZVE-iPhone-Leather-Wallet-Crossbody/dp/B07D27P7CG/ref=sr_1_3?crid=133TCPMPRR49P&keywords=cell+phone+holder+crossbody+for+women&qid=1569634294&s=gateway&sprefix=Cell+phone+holder+cros%2Caps%2C162&sr=8-3

But like I always tell my husband...something is only worth what your willing to pay. 

Edited by Rsparis
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/20/2019 at 6:14 AM, datone said:

I find a small cross body the best

Same here. I buy them on trips. Best source so far was Cartagena, Colombia. Stay away from the obnoxious street vendors. They also have perfectly normal street vendors and shops away from the hustlers. 

For around the ship I use a Kipling wristlet/bag. It takes up no space in suitcase but carries my two pairs of glasses (reading and sunglasses) key, and my small camera. They have several sizes; I use one that also will fit my Kindle. I think this is it, or very similar:

https://www.amazon.com/Kipling-Creativity-Small-Pouch-Size/dp/B000JFZT52/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=kipling+creativity+black&qid=1570896466&sr=8-4

I love Kipling but not a fan of their gorilla charms, so I removed it and replaced it with a cute one I found in Oia (Santorini) -- pewter, shaped like a starfish.

Love that Kipling bag! It’s a perfect size.  I’ve been looking for one to replace a small metallic bag I always take on cruises but is now a bit the worse for wear. I see that they have some in metallic which will double, for me, as an evening bag. I hope I can attach a chain or a cord of some type so that I can also carry it as a shoulder/crossbody. May have to get a bit creative here! I too will take that little animal off. Thanks so much for posting, Cruisemom42.

You know I think you were the one who told me about the leather shop in Rome. This was a few years ago so hope I’m remembering correctly. I bought several of their small cosmetic bags and had then monogrammed. Great Christmas gifts.

• Like 1