I wish Princess would....

Loritd

9 hours ago, voljeep said:

at least offer a rum and a bourbon as options for the mini-bar - gonna mix it anyway, so really doesn't matter which

Is there no rum available at all?  I suppose if there is it will be white rum and not interested.  It's up to my wife this coming trip as she is the one first to Elite, but I think she is probably going to turn it all in for Perrier.

Two coffee packages for us is a waste (at least on a short cruise).  I'd rather just have a bar or wine credit.  Hey, I just thought of a new one -- it would be nice to exchange the free mini-bar for X number of wine corkage fees.  So, let's do some math.  Two coffee packages total about $73, so that is almost 5 corkage fees.  This would be a great benefit option.  I'd be happy with 4 corkage fees as the coffee base value is $62 before gratuity. 

I have read the mini-bar can be exchanged for a bottle of wine, but IDK the max value for sure.  I have a feeling it is not close to $62.  BTW, does anyone know the max value and can you purchase something more expensive and pay the difference?

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, nattie said:

We actually really like Princess Live and try to participate in a lot of shows there. Also could care less about Promenade deck (isn't it what Lido is?). Explorers club lounge was a waste of space IMHO, it was always empty. To each its own I guess

The main problem with princess live is that, except for the first row, you cannot turn the chairs around so that teams can easily communicate with each other. Also, there is no table or other spot for putting down paper to write on.

A second problem is that when they do have an event there that is being recorded for future broadcast, the TV cameras block many people's view.

Explorer's Lounge on many ships is fully packed with standing room only for evening entertainment.

And, no, the Lido deck is not a substitute for a decent Promenade deck.

a) The promenade deck on the pre-Royal class ships was covered so that you could still be on it if it was raining.

b) Unlike the Lido deck, you could sit on a lounge facing the ocean and rest or read in a quiet environment while getting sea air or just gazing out at the sea.

• Like 5

15 hours ago, nattie said:

Now to wish list:

• offer cruises from San Juan again (please!)

Princess had trouble filling up the ships with a SJ embarkation. Too many people would not book that because of the added cost of flying from/to the USA mainland to/from San Juan.  As a result Princess had to greatly reduce the pricing on the cabins to attract local residents in order to fill up the ships.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EllieinNJ said:

How about having fresh brewed coffee in the MDR and buffet without having to pay extra for it or having to go first to the IC and bring it with you before breakfast.  If I got that "syrup" coffee in a land restaurant, I would not go back.

Many land restaurants, including some of the finest, use a syrup to prepare their coffee.  The difference is that these land restaurants are using a (much) higher quality coffee syrup than Princess does.

• Like 1

On 9/23/2019 at 3:17 PM, capriccio said:

Along the same lines, I wish they would close caption MUTS.  Movies wouldn't need to be so loud and it certainly would help us follow along  (we've gotten used to doing it most of the time at home).

The movies this weekend were close-captioned....guess you got your wish!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, cruiseintoheaven said:

And since this is a wish list - my personal favorite would be to have a way to set up your mini bar before you set foot inside your cabin!  To me switching it out is a hassle.  Seems like with the medallion technology or the personalizer this would not be a Herculean venture.  If it is, please don’t step on my dream!  🤣

Asking for what you want to select for the mini-bar is easy to accomplish.

However, it is much, much quicker for the room service staff to put identical setups in all of the elite/suite cabins than to have to spend time at each cabin satisfying the individual requests.

Yes, that does cause some number of making changes later when passengers want to make trades, but I suspect the great majority of those who receive the mini-var setups do not request changes.

I wish they would sail from another Southern Gulf of Mexico port so I could sail more often.

I wish they would be more organized and a little less authoritarian on debarkation.  Just got off the Ruby this morning.  Was scheduled to debarked at 12:25.  At 10:15 they said they were ahead of schedule- so everyone get off now!

I wish they would provide better communication.  Cruise documents said no formal nights, but they had one! Dining times and scheduled times for the casual venues were not as advertised.

i wish they would offer chocolate croissants, the cream cheese donuts, and the chocolate velvet framboise cake every day!

I wish Princess would not charge solo/singles/independent cruisers more than double the cruise fare.

I wish Princess would have gatherings for us....not at a bar or at dinner hour as on my last cruise.

I wish Princess would have comfy deck chairs on all ships....not those uncomfortable non-adjustable ones.

I wish everyone entering a dining area would use hand sanitizer.....I see too many often do not.  On the Pacific Princess one of the crew would actually squirt it on your hands prior to entering.  

I agree....too much paper regarding sales pitches...jewelry...spa...art auctions.  Hate to dump them in the trash....but that's where they go. 

Yes....the 5 pm dining time is too early.....especially on a port day.

Would prefer not to have to pre-pay excursions now. 

Edited by cruise.gal
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, wrongwaywatson said:

If they got rid of the closet, where would you store your clothes?  I use the closet and the shelves next to the closet.

Celebrity and Royal have built in closets and drawers that are more organized  and hold more clothes. It's more like furniture than a closet.  The sofa was placed  in between the two units of of floor to ceiling cabinets and the desk and dresser was directly across 

On the side of the desk was a dresser with drawers that held  some folded items, socks, underwear and there was an entire drawer that my wife used for makeup, brushes ect. The room looks nicer as well. I don't like walking in the room and the first thing you see is an open closet.  Now that I look at this pic it reminds me the the Anthem also had USB ports at the decks in addition to standard outlets so I never needed to use the additional device for extra outlets.  

Anthem balcony.jpg

Edited by Iamcruzin
  • Like 3

45 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

On the chair of course. :classic_wink:

The only thing that went on the coach was my body. I was having an issue with my legs and needed to prop them up. While my wife was showering I was on the couch with my legs propped up on those pillows. Overall the room was just more appealing and the shower had glass doors with enough room so you didn't have to get wet while adjusting the water. Princess has had the same room layout since my first cruise in 1991. If the room can't fit a chair then something is wrong

Edited by Iamcruzin

49 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

Celebrity and Royal have built in closets and drawers that are more organized  and hold more clothes. It's more like furniture than a closet.  The sofa was placed  in between the two units of of floor to ceiling cabinets and the desk and dresser was directly across 

On the side of the desk was a dresser with drawers that held  some folded items, socks, underwear and there was an entire drawer that my wife used for makeup, brushes ect. The room looks nicer as well. I don't like walking in the room and the first thing you see is an open closet.  Now that I look at this pic it reminds me the the Anthem also had USB ports at the decks in addition to standard outlets so I never needed to use the additional device for extra outlets.  

Anthem balcony.jpg

Which ship was this on? We've only been on the Solstice with Celebrity and both times the closet was less than 6 inches from the bed, which made it very difficult to access. Also, we didn't feel the couch was all that comfortable. We also sailed on Radiance of the Seas (still one of my favorite ships) and did like the loveseat, don't remember how the closet was placed.

Personally, I like the closet/dressing area on Princess and how it separates the bathroom from the rest of the room.

16 minutes ago, WisCruiser2 said:

Which ship was this on? We've only been on the Solstice with Celebrity and both times the closet was less than 6 inches from the bed, which made it very difficult to access. Also, we didn't feel the couch was all that comfortable. We also sailed on Radiance of the Seas (still one of my favorite ships) and did like the loveseat, don't remember how the closet was placed.

Personally, I like the closet/dressing area on Princess and how it separates the bathroom from the rest of the room.

Royal Caribbean Anthem of the Seas. I have also read complaints about Solstice Class rooms. The M class was no problem last time I sailed but they just renovated the Summit so now I don't know how it is. Princess rooms always feel so cramped especially if you are on an older ship and extra beds are hanging off of the wall.

Edited by Iamcruzin
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, cruise.gal said:

I wish everyone entering a dining area would use hand sanitizer.....I see too many often do not.  On the Pacific Princess one of the crew would actually squirt it on your hands prior to entering.  

I will not use the "hand sanitizer," it is bad for my skin.  I use hot water and soap, which I believe is sufficient, and I resent the staff trying to insist that I use the "sanitizer."  

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Mike45LC said:

I will not use the "hand sanitizer," it is bad for my skin.  I use hot water and soap, which I believe is sufficient, and I resent the staff trying to insist that I use the "sanitizer."  

We go through the same thing  with the crew all the time. 

I simply tell them I washed up & it suffices. 

Using the sanitiser once in a while is OK but 3 or 4 time a day is much to much for my skin.

Anyway it doesn't do as much  as everyone thinks it does. Washing is better by far. 

• Like 3

I wish Princess would not make me walk through the buffet to get to areas on the other end of the ship. I wash my hands thoroughly in my cabin, leave the cabin and either use the stairs or else push the elevator buttons with my knuckle, walk through the buffet - without stopping to wash again or use the sanitizer - and get dirty looks. I'm not there to eat and have just washed with hot water and soap. Why do they set things up so you have to walk through the buffet?

• Like 8

7 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

Anthem balcony.jpg

This  looks similar to the mini suites on Princess, except it is reversed. sofa is next to windows. I love this,

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

Anthem balcony.jpg

I stayed in that room on the Anthem too. I was astonished at how much storage there was. Even above the bed!  Princess really needs to have this type of room for a standard balcony.  And the shower was so nice and roomy, and no clingy curtain.  And the desk could be pulled out and used as a dining table, which was brilliant. Such a smart design.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike45LC said:

Soap and water is better than sanitizer.  Sanitizer does not work on biologics.  Also, if you do use sanitizer you must create a lot of friction to break it down or it doesn't work at all.  Believe me.  I work in a hospital. I took tests.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 9/23/2019 at 2:09 PM, Loritd said:

I wish Princess would make people who treat the crew badly walk the plank. Or a more reasonable request; I wish Princess would speed up the Anytime dining wait time. 

Maybe we should create a post here and publicly shame them with photos 🙂

• Like 1

On 9/24/2019 at 3:58 PM, metairiegal said:

* Play "The Love Boat" song during sailaways (like they used to).

* Schedule an ABBA night for the DJ at least once every cruise.

The Regal (and I assume the others in her class) does play the Love Boat theme during sailaways.

1 hour ago, Grammyluvs said:

This  looks similar to the mini suites on Princess, except it is reversed. sofa is next to windows. I love this,

10 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

My son was in the next room and his was reverse 

I would definitely want the setup that has the sofa closer the balcony and the bed closer to the bathroom.

And yes, this is very similar to a Mini-Suite, and while I am certain that it varies from cruise to cruise, I have priced out comparable itineraries and found that the class of cabin shown in the photo is pretty close to the price of a MS on Princess.  Princess would be more, (sometimes only by a little bit), but that price difference was made up for by the fact that the MS has a superior bathroom and closet/storage, both of which mean a lot to my wife.  Sometimes the Princess price was quite a bit more. ($200-$250 per person over 7 or 8 days).