Allure - photo of woman on outside of balcony

robmtx

3 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Image result for celebrity edge infinite veranda

There's a button in the cabin which lowers the upper window (to simulate you being in a balcony cabin) which I think can be disabled centrally.

Cool, seems more open than Gen 1 Voyager ships

5 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Image result for celebrity edge infinite veranda

There's a button in the cabin which lowers the upper window (to simulate you being in a balcony cabin) which I think can be disabled centrally.

Let's just say if you read the Celebrity board, there is a love/hate attitude about them.  They are called infinite view balcony's

And yes biker19,  the infinite view balcony windows can be raised at the discretion of the bridge due to expected weather conditions.

Note there are also normal balcony's on the Edge

3 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

How stupid!!   Glad to hear they removed her at the next port and banned her from future cruises.  If she was traveling with family or friends I hope she didnt screw up their vacation!

The cruise lines sometimes share names of passengers like this, so she could possibly be banned from multiple cruise lines.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, squick64 said:

I'm thinking suicidal or drunk or...either way, not a good plan.

Whether it's cruise ships or the Grand Canyon or whatever, there will always be people who think that somehow, they're immune from the extremely clear and present risk of death that comes from ignoring the signs and the safety railings. She's very lucky she only got banned.

We saw this on Table Mountain in Cape Town.

People crossing the barrier (not that much of a barrier) to take pictures out at the edge.  And standing with their back to the drop off.  We were just waiting for a photographer telling the person to take a step back.

1000 feet down.

On 10/15/2019 at 7:21 PM, SRQbeachgirl said:

What an incredibly stupid thing to do. What is it that makes people think this type of thing is acceptable (besides, I'm assuming, either alcohol or an extraordinary lack of common sense). 

Some people have convinced themselves that rules don't apply to them.

• Like 1

People crossing the barrier (not that much of a barrier) to take pictures out at the edge.  And standing with their back to the drop off.  We were just waiting for a photographer telling the person to take a step back.

At the Grand Canyon, I saw teenagers sitting on the edge, past the fence. A woman walking near me said, "They'd better hope the ranger doesn't see them." And I said something like, "the ranger is the least of their worries." Some people die of exposure and dehydration while hiking at the GC, but a ridiculous number die from completely preventable falls. In one, a guy was taking pictures of things on the opposite side from the canyon itself, like the lodges, and of course, he took a step back to get everything in the shot and went over the edge.

This could easily have been the last photo this woman ever had taken of her. It would take so very little to lose your balance or your grip, especially with the usual windy conditions around a ship (and sometimes wetness). And then that's it for her, most likely. They'd probably never find her body. But hey, at least she'd get a really good shot of herself in her new swimsuit? They could show it at her memorial service.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, squick64 said:

At the Grand Canyon, I saw teenagers sitting on the edge, past the fence.......

When I started to read your post I read Grand Canyon as Grand Cayman. I was trying to figure out how anyone could find a place on that flat island that was high enough to hurt themselves falling.😊

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, SRF said:

We saw this on Table Mountain in Cape Town.

1000 feet down.

I bought a book once at the Grand Canyon. 

The title is Over the Edge. 

I was fascinated at first by the numbers of real people who went over the edge but then I got creeped out by myself and never finished it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crewsweeper said:

"The woman was to be put off the ship today, in Cozumel. "

Article today says she and who ever was with her, were put off the ship in Falmouth. And all not just here were banned for life from RCL. 

Good

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jagsfan said:

I bought a book once at the Grand Canyon. 

The title is Over the Edge. 

I was fascinated at first by the numbers of real people who went over the edge but then I got creeped out by myself and never finished it. 

We bought Death at the Grand Canyon. Interesting how many different ways people have found to off themselves, accidentally as well as by design.

I was there once and a man was holding his screaming toddler over the edge and laughing, while his wife was in hysterics begging him to stop. A lot of us nearby would have been happy to trip him except for the presence of the kid.

Actually have had nightmares about that one. I hope there aren't any from the balcony babe while we are on board Allure starting on Sunday.

On 10/15/2019 at 8:30 PM, John&LaLa said:

Internet fame. She wanted her 15 minutes

The photo did not come from her or anyone associated with her. I doubt internet fame was her objective. I seriously doubt she expected a photo to even be taken much less posted on the internet.