Jim_Iain – Edge Live Post – B2B – Greek Islands and West Bound TransAtlantic

Jim_Iain

36 minutes ago, dcbiker97 said:

Been following your cruises because we have some friends on the TA.  Who is replacing Priscilla For suite manager? We board the day you arrive in FLL. 

We’re on the Nov 15/19 itinerary as well.

Joanne is replacing Priscilla as Suite Manager.

Randy

2 minutes ago, Schmoe38 said:

We’re on the Nov 15/19 itinerary as well.

Joanne is replacing Priscilla as Suite Manager.

Randy

Joanne is really sweet.   She is from Glasgow, Scotland and has been with Celebrity for a number of years.

2 minutes ago, Schmoe38 said:

Jim

Any other changes to the personnel in the Retreat?

Randy

No.  Everyone else is still in place.   They swapped the bartenders shifts -  Russlana who is our favorite is now not on until 9:00 PM. 

In Luminae the receptionist ended her contract in Rome and has a replacement.  

Edited by Jim_Iain

39 minutes ago, ecslady said:

How was the Soller Train and that area?  Last time I was there we only made it to Valldemossa.

It was really nice.  Maybe 3/4 full.  Many were from Ships tour. 

It took about an hour to get back to Palma and beautiful views.  

On 11/3/2019 at 3:46 PM, Bo1953 said:

I Am sure that we will not like the frosted glass either... as I would prefer to see through both windows if the doors are closed for whatever reason...

Not sure and/or do not remember what the hoopla was that caused X to install the frosted coverings... it impedes the view, IMO.

I believe they were changed for privacy reasons as many complaints were about situations like this

TZ6_P1070928ms.jpg

On 11/4/2019 at 2:43 AM, Jim_Iain said:Fasten you’re seat belt it is going to be a rough ride.   

Winds are suppose to calm down after dark but for the first time in 2 weeks you can certainly feel the movement. 

Friends of mine departed Barcelona in the last couple of days on a Princess ship. They say it’s never been as rough before as on this trip. Multiple crockery smashes in the buffet, the ship has listed many times and it’s very very rough. 

As our trip next July gets closer I will be poring over this thread because with such Port intensive itineraries I won’t have time to check the ship out when onboard. 

4 hours ago, JBare said:

I believe they were changed for privacy reasons as many complaints were about situations like this

Yes, thank you for refreshing my memory on this...

I still would not like the frosted glass, I can always dress in the bathroom, if that was the real issue in terms of privacy... I would think that with both doors shut, it would be somewhat difficult to 'peep' in, not sure of that...

We like the idea of natural light unfiltered flowing in...

Alas, it is not to be, at least for now.

bon voyage

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bo1953 said:

Yes, thank you for refreshing my memory on this...

I still would not like the frosted glass, I can always dress in the bathroom, if that was the real issue in terms of privacy... I would think that with both doors shut, it would be somewhat difficult to 'peep' in, not sure of that...

We like the idea of natural light unfiltered flowing in...

Alas, it is not to be, at least for now.

bon voyage

I just don't understand some people!  Have they never used CURTAINS  while dressing?  The sheers work very well, don't they.

• Like 1

I am confused....

First of all, Bo1953, if you enjoy the natural light then there is no need to close the folding doors. The only reason to close them is for privacy or to filter the light.

And GeorgesGal, there are NO curtains (sheer or otherwise) in the IV cabins. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, GeorgesGal said:

I just don't understand some people!  Have they never used CURTAINS  while dressing?  The sheers work very well, don't they.

gg - The Edge does not have curtains, currently, unless passengers bring them and do-it-yourself temporary installation...

bon voyage

4 minutes ago, VitaminSea53 said:

I am confused....

First of all, Bo1953, if you enjoy the natural light then there is no need to close the folding doors. The only reason to close them is for privacy or to filter the light.

And GeorgesGal, there are NO curtains (sheer or otherwise) in the IV cabins. 

Yes, that is an option to consider...

Thank you and bon voyage

50 minutes ago, GeorgesGal said:

When this was first discussed when the Infinite Veranda pictures started to leak out, many of us talked about putting up curtains, not as much for privacy from people peeking in, but more for when one of roommates wanted to sit on the veranda while the other person slept (to keep the light down). We soon learned that there is probably not enough room for curtains when the bed is near the veranda, it would detract from the bifold door look (Kelly would not be happy) and maybe make them more awkward to open and close.

I think the frosted doors were their answer to that - someone could sit out there in the morning with the doors closed and the window down, with less light pouring in on their sleeping partner, but not sure that would be dark enough for everyone. It would work for us since I'm the early bird and my DH just turns the switch on his neck to "sleep" and he is gone. 😉

Edited by vtcruising
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/3/2019 at 3:46 AM, Jim_Iain said:

Dinner at Luminae

1977429608_LuminaeDinnerDay04.thumb.jpg.3b9fb9282b17745a121c06245ff9c8e3.jpg

Recent Luminae dinner menu's seem to lack beef dishes.

Years ago on Equinox we were able to get a Filet Mignon any night by just asking.

Earlier this year on Eclipse we were told NO!

Is one allowed to get a Filet for dinner on Edge?

I am not talking about the children's fillet on the MDR children's menu !!!

Considering the suite cost they should have an everyday filet similar to the everyday steak in the MDR.

3 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

They moved a smoking section inside?? If I were in the Solarium and that happened I would be pissed off!

Totally agree with you. And I’d be up to guest services in no time. Plus the cigarette smell leaches into the soft furnishings - the lounge covers, towels etc. It’s just not on!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pushka said:

Totally agree with you. And I’d be up to guest services in no time. Plus the cigarette smell leaches into the soft furnishings - the lounge covers, towels etc. It’s just not on!

What time did this happen, was the Solarium open for swimming?

Edited by Oville

9 hours ago, Pushka said:

Friends of mine departed Barcelona in the last couple of days on a Princess ship. They say it’s never been as rough before as on this trip. Multiple crockery smashes in the buffet, the ship has listed many times and it’s very very rough. 

As our trip next July gets closer I will be poring over this thread because with such Port intensive itineraries I won’t have time to check the ship out when onboard. 

It is 11/4 now and winds picked up again just as we left port.   They have been blowing pretty good overnight and are suppose to continue and possibly get worse on our way to the Canaries.  At least the winds aren't as strong as the other night.   I was told that we had 74 Knot winds.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TommyD3 said:

Recent Luminae dinner menu's seem to lack beef dishes.

Years ago on Equinox we were able to get a Filet Mignon any night by just asking.

Earlier this year on Eclipse we were told NO!

Is one allowed to get a Filet for dinner on Edge?

I am not talking about the children's fillet on the MDR children's menu !!!

Considering the suite cost they should have an everyday filet similar to the everyday steak in the MDR.

They do not have the Filet on the anytime menu except on the children's menu.  If you wanted more you can either order two or request a full size one 24 hours in advance.   Especially for B2B's our waiter is offering to get whatever we wish if we give him 24 hours notice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1