What is your favorite aspect for cruising

RocHed11

44 minutes ago, DarrenM said:

I have never enjoyed cooking, even toasting bread is a drag for me. I dont know if its the time, the mess, the washing up, or what?

My partner can spend hours cooking and it takes us minutes to eat it.

I can boil water,make toast and grill cheese.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, George C said:

I am the chef on our house, I am pretty sure my wife knows where the kitchen is

Ha Ha !! Sounds like my Ex, she KNEW where the kitchen was, BUT never stepped foot in it, in fact she couldn't even boil water (ore even tried because she wasn't interested) but , in her defense, she really couldn't boil anything because she unplugged the stove🙄 We ate out EVERY night for eight years !! I knew EVERY local eating establishment's menu by heart ! Sorry, I know this was off topic about cruising😢

• Like 1

We had done only cruises for our vacations until this year.  We did our first all inclusive in Ixtapa Mexico.  It was great - except for the part when I broke my foot halfway through the trip 😲  We will try again but not for a bit - our next trip in on the Reflection in January 🙂

5 minutes ago, SRF said:

You have missed out.

Nothing like hot bread fresh out of the oven.

Or easier, bread maker. 😄

I grew up near a bread bakery and smelled fresh bread every morning.It was Wonder Bread .

Edited by lenquixote66

2 minutes ago, George C said:

I miss New York City bakeries , loved Italian ones with great bread, cookies and pastries. Nothing like that in Dallas.

When you are in NYC do you bring back any bread ?We have friends living in Fla who come to NYC and go to Brooklyn to buy bagels to bring back.

16 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

When you are in NYC do you bring back any bread ?We have friends living in Fla who come to NYC and go to Brooklyn to buy bagels to bring back.

Yes flew back about 6 times a year would return with Italian bread and bagels and so did most of my coworkers. 

27 minutes ago, George C said:

Yes flew back about 6 times a year would return with Italian bread and bagels and so did most of my coworkers. 

My friend who lived in Houston would bring back knishes.Then he found out that he could order them from the store through a distributor in New Mexico .

35 minutes ago, George C said:

I once had someone give me some jalapeño sausages from a place called Southside Market which is somewhere near Austin (I think).  They were fantastic. If I were visiting that area I would definitely try to grab some.  Suspect they wouldn't make it home with me though.  Lol

What is your favorite aspect for cruising

Taking cruises allows me to waste time here! 😁

And cruising is a lot less dangerous than what I had to do to waste time on a Hockey Goaltenders BB.

image.png.049f41eb02f6b2da7d7ab301153763df.png

Edited by DirtyDawg
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

My friend who lived in Houston would bring back knishes.Then he found out that he could order them from the store through a distributor in New Mexico .

Have had a knishes in at least 40 years, but found memories of having them at beach at Coney Island or rockaway 

4 minutes ago, George C said:

Have had a knishes in at least 40 years, but found memories of having them at beach at Coney Island or rockaway 

I went to Coney Island a lot but not too often to Rockaway.My wife grew up in Coney Island.She went to Nathan’s,knish places and pizza restaurants.

My grand kids are going to Brooklyn this Sunday for pizza,the first time for them.They are going tonBensonhurst.

2 hours ago, kdkstormy said:

We had done only cruises for our vacations until this year.  We did our first all inclusive in Ixtapa Mexico.  It was great - except for the part when I broke my foot halfway through the trip 😲  We will try again but not for a bit - our next trip in on the Reflection in January 🙂

We have a friend who moved to Ixtapa.She said they average four rainy days a year.

• Like 1

We cruise when we feel we need the following

1) Go to places that simply can't be had w/o a ship --> Alaska

2) We want to see a lot of places and they all happen to be doable all by ship 

These days after you figure in cost of everything the only thing that can't be touched is 1) and 2).  

Land trip for 2) lots of overhead between pack/unpack and transportation from point to point even a turnkey land based tour can't beat the conveneience of a cruise.

Nothing is for free, sure eating is now almost decisionless as is entertainment for some is stress reduction.

Food, inferior on a ship, entertainment inferior on a ship, choices inferior on a ship, dang everything is inferior, take it when 1) and 2) win out, LOL

7 hours ago, SmoothFlying said:

Ha Ha !! Sounds like my Ex, she KNEW where the kitchen was, BUT never stepped foot in it, in fact she couldn't even boil water (ore even tried because she wasn't interested) but , in her defense, she really couldn't boil anything because she unplugged the stove🙄 We ate out EVERY night for eight years !! I knew EVERY local eating establishment's menu by heart ! Sorry, I know this was off topic about cruising😢

Why didn't you do the cooking then?

5 hours ago, kdkstormy said:

Do you don't do any land-only trips?

4 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

We go to Absolute Bagels on Broadway and 108th in Manhattan and bring home a couple of dozen.  Slice in half,wrap in plastic wrap, into zipping bags and freeze