Sky Princess Extremely Low Key Live.

Colo Cruiser

Just read all 13 pages (so far) of your thread, Keith.  Loved every minute - thank you so much for doing this!  We were booked to sail for the 21 day itinerary, but sadly had to cancel.  We have many friends on board.  So through you I am able to feel like we are with you all!!! 🙂 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

The parade was back at the early seating in Cielo on Saturday night.

In the buffet’s drink stations they have lemonade dispensers but must request iced tea which is the opposite of my previous experiences on other Princess ships.

Is the iced tea the same syrup blend they use on other ships or is it true brewed iced tea?  

5 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

Iced tea is from concentrate but the free coffee machines use ground coffee & not a concentrate.

I make a cup of hot tea and pour it over ice. This works great if you add any sweetener you can do that as well as lemon while it is hot.  

Keith... your “low key” live from thread has over 32,000 views.

Im going to get your autograph the next time our travel paths cross. And then buy you a drink. 

-a

On 11/11/2019 at 12:26 PM, Colo Cruiser said:

No wood railings anywhere that I have seen.

9E9FB13F-CD60-4DF2-9847-510B65804FB3.jpeg

Are the railings brushed aluminum or do they appear painted?  If they are painted or powder coated they will still have to be maintained.  But this is an interesting design change.

On 11/12/2019 at 9:35 AM, Astro Flyer said:

Today in Genoa were the big & the small ships of Princess docked together...Sky & Pacific.

E532117C-A5B7-4F34-B4CE-0E014FF28CAE.jpeg

Others have said this before, but that is a striking size difference between small and large ship.

On 11/13/2019 at 11:57 AM, Colo Cruiser said:

Beer taps only in the Vista Lounge/Crown Grill and a couple of the outside bars. They are all the same 2.

4D364597-CB97-495F-B055-277946446F58.jpeg

I bet those two choices will be different once she starts sailing out of Ft. Lauderdale.  I would guess it will be Bud and Bud Light by then.

On 11/13/2019 at 1:48 PM, Colo Cruiser said:

90FBC9A1-456E-4DA7-878C-7EB5BF77D0ED.jpeg

Yeah, the card switch on a Medallion built ship seems odd.  If you have a business card on hand, that also works in the slot.  Take it from an infrequent business traveler, these things in hotels are just as annoying as on a ship.  I put one of my business cards in the slot when I find one of these and leave it there for my entire stay.  Generally works fine instead of using the room card.

The Sky is a beautiful ship.  Thanks for all the photos and commentary.  Really excited to try her out in the near future.

3 hours ago, jeromep said:

Are the railings brushed aluminum or do they appear painted?  If they are painted or powder coated they will still have to be maintained.  But this is an interesting design change.

They appear to be powder coated so other than wiping down IMO no other maintenance could be performed other than replacing them. Think  that’s the whole idea of going this direction.

• Like 1

Excellent  Review! 

Beautiful ship.  Isn’t this the ship without Crooner’s? 

I love the new look of Princess Live and Take  5 compared to the badly designed Club 6. 

The Vista looks nice, too, and reminds me more of a Celebrity decor as does the redesigned Alfredo’s.  Those chairs are a bit spartan looking for my taste though and I like the decor of old Alfredo's  with comfier appearing chairs.  

The photo of the inside cabin definitely reminds me of a Celebrity cabin.  

• Like 2

15 hours ago, ncprinter said:

I make a cup of hot tea and pour it over ice. This works great if you add any sweetener you can do that as well as lemon while it is hot.  

We use about 3 tea bags to make hot tea then pour over ice.  So much better.  So so happy to hear the coffee is no longer that swill we always got!  Wonder if it is just the Sky or fleet wide?  

24 minutes ago, susiefay said:

So so happy to hear the coffee is no longer that swill we always got!  Wonder if it is just the Sky or fleet wide? 

The free filtered coffee machines using ground coffee began with the Royal Princess & is on all Royal-Class ships.  

I hoped the concentrated coffee machines on other ships would be replaced during overhauls but haven’t experienced nor read about replacing them with the ground coffee machines.

29 minutes ago, susiefay said:

We use about 3 tea bags to make hot tea then pour over ice.  So much better.  So so happy to hear the coffee is no longer that swill we always got!  Wonder if it is just the Sky or fleet wide?  

On all Royal class ships the buffet has machines that make one cup of coffee at a time using grounds, not syrup.   They are not the best quality grounds but its ok.