Stairs vs Elevators

23 hours ago, Gwendy said:

Have to laugh on a sea day while waiting for a lift (elevator), if one arrives at other end if foyer people run to get that one.  Hey this I be will be here in a few seconds.  Running back and forth in the lift foyer to get the first lift us not a priority for ne,

Apologies for poor proof reading in original post.  This is one of my pet hates so will go to the naughty corner for the day. Lol

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, SmoothFlying said:

This includes the morons who'll walk into the foyer, SEE all the lights and numbers lit up above the elevators showing where that one is and STILL walk over and keep punching the button OVER and OVER 🙄 Sigh, like THAT'S gonna speed up the elevator ! (actually it's usually teenagers BUT I have seen grown ups do it, maybe it's 'human nature?) Whatta ya think ?

Mac

8 hours ago, I Love Cruising 3 said:

It doesn't call the elevator faster? 

Cut them slack, they're just exercising their fingers and we all should exercise more don't you think. 👉

10 hours ago, SmoothFlying said:

You'd have a difficult time convincing SOME of today's teenagers it doesn't. That is, IF theyll stop 'reading' their phones, long enough too listen😃 Just kidding ! HOW did mankind exist before those lite up screens were invented ??

Mac

Life in my opinion was much better before the internet age.

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

I couldn't agree more !! Funny thing is wayyyyyy back in the early 80's (The Caveman days) I remember being on the jobsite when I first heard of people carry a NEW fangled toy called a Beeper (and yes they may have existed before 1980 I just never saw EVERYBODY had too have them ! I thought natively WHERE will this madness end ! Surely nothing could be invented to top that.🙄 Boy, was I ever WRONG !! The beeper was just the beginnning.

Mac

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

1 hour ago, SmoothFlying said:

I couldn't agree more !! Funny thing is wayyyyyy back in the early 80's (The Caveman days) I remember being on the jobsite when I first heard of people carry a NEW fangled toy called a Beeper (and yes they may have existed before 1980 I just never saw EVERYBODY had too have them ! I thought natively WHERE will this madness end ! Surely nothing could be invented to top that.🙄 Boy, was I ever WRONG !! The beeper was just the beginnning.

Mac

Come on now, if you think about it life is significantly better with the internet.  Heck, without it right now you would be watching the ol Philco instead of chatting it up on forums!   😀

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ldubs said:

Come on now, if you think about it life is significantly better with the internet.  Heck, without it right now you would be watching the ol Philco instead of chatting it up on forums!   😀

Oh, just ignore my buddy when he does his 'old coot' routine 🙂 He's not much older than I am and I can't imagine life without Google 🙂

Edited by clo
  • Like 2

On 11/18/2019 at 1:48 PM, getting older slowly said:

It does amaze me how some people are in such a hurry to get where they are going on a cruise ship...

It is not like anything it going anywhere........  and the way they push into the elevator

Quite often if the elevators are busy, one will walk up the stairs....but carefully... 

Cheers Don 

I think I've luckily avoided much of the elevator madness I read about here on CC.  However, one that aggravates me is the guy, usually large, who plants hisself in the center of the doors with arms folded and refuses to move so others can board.   

12 minutes ago, ldubs said:

I think I've luckily avoided much of the elevator madness I read about here on CC.  However, one that aggravates me is the guy, usually large, who plants hisself in the center of the doors with arms folded and refuses to move so others can board.   

Really.  What's his goal?

1 hour ago, SmoothFlying said:

Mac

If you are around my age, it is kind of an eye-opener to realize that Dick Tracy's watch is now actually old tech.  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, clo said:

Really.  What's his goal?

Beats me.  Must be some old person passive aggressive thingy.  I hate to admit it, but some of my fellow old folks do some really strange things.   Whereas, I of course, would be the definition of normalcy.  Or, is it normality.  Either way.  😊

• Like 1

So the Goal is......... That the world revolves around the person.......... LOL

or.....

They payed a lot of money to go on their cruise....

So that gives them the right to do what they like....

Stand back and let them go....... It gives me time to think about what's for the next meal.

and there is the no cooking, cleaning and driving....

Smile and have a great cruise  .... 4 sleeps till our next cruise

Cheers Don

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SmoothFlying said:

Mac

A friend of mine sent me an e-mail about life in the 50’s.I wish I could go back to it.

10 hours ago, ldubs said:

We never had a Philco. In fact we did not have a TV or a phone till 1952.Our first TV was an Andrea console.

I loved living in the 40’s and 50’s listening to the radio,playing records,etc.

• Like 1