Birthday cake question

Courto05

Hi. We have never celebrated a birthday onboard a cruise before. This time we have 2 birthdays. I have read Princess will give a small cake - for 1 or 2 people, in the dining room. Unfortunately I can’t find any real info on the bought cakes. I want to get a cake to share with our group of 4. The cakes on the website don’t have a size or number of serves listed. The photo doesn’t give away the size at all because there is nothing else in the picture to provide a scale. Anyone who has bought a cake, how large is it? 4 serves? 10 serves? (number of slices assuming they are regular sized slices, not massive, not tiny). Also, do they fit in the fridge if necessary? Thanks

EF733F67-FC3B-411D-9117-068715E9AEF6.png

IIRC, they used to make the chocolate celebration cakes larger.  I imagine if you ask, they can either bring a larger one, or bring two small ones.  Ask via your Head Waiter a day or two prior to the celebration dinner and see what they say.

Hello,  go into your cruise personalizer and under special requests it will ask if you are celebrating bday, retirement, anniversary.  Put the dates in there and Princess will provide the cake.  Or you can tell the head waiter in your dining room the day before the bday and they will take care of it.  I have celebrated both bday, and retirements and Princess provided the cake and decorations.  They did not charge me anything.

• Like 2

The chocolate cake they provide in the MDR is very rich.  I have shared it with the entire table of 4.  Be sure to ask for ice cream to go with it.  You could possibly ask for more than one.  And yes, they may even give you a new one to take back to your cabin.

Or you could order chocolate cake slices from Room Service (for free + a small tip).

The free cakes they provide for birthdays aren't all that great compared to some of the other desserts anyway. We sometimes don't even bother getting the cake since they had better desert selections on the regular menu.

I wish they would just make an icecream cake that everyone would enjoy. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, MissP22 said:

The free cakes they provide for birthdays aren't all that great compared to some of the other desserts anyway. We sometimes don't even bother getting the cake since they had better desert selections on the regular menu.

I wish they would just make an icecream cake that everyone would enjoy. 

You know, an ice cream cake is a terrific idea!  

We always annotate on the personalizer we are celebrating a birthday or anniversary and enter the date.  We do TD and they will bring a chocolate cake out with a candle on it.  Several waiters will gather around and sing happy birthday.  The chocolate cake is more than adequate for two and appears at least once on the dessert menu.  Last birthday I had selected the chocolate cake as a normal dessert when they brought out the celebratory cake.  The waiter had already brought out the chocolate cake I had ordered so I sent it back.  They will box it up to take back to the cabin if you want.  

On 1/4/2020 at 2:03 PM, kywildcatfanone said:

I'm sure they will give you enough of the small ones for your whole party to have some.

The 'free' cake has been downsized to a double-wide cupcake.

On a cruise on emerald, with six people at the table (six top if you prefer)

The waiter served the double wide to the birthday boy and his wife, and

served desserts ordered by the other passengers to the remaining folks 

at the table.

No additional birthday cakes.

No lose.

7 hours ago, geoherb said:

Here's a photo of one of the individual celebration cakes. I didn't bother to request one last month on the Caribbean Princess. 

princess birthday cake.jpg

They are very rich and too much for me to finish.

I think they are just the right size.

They used to be smaller.

No problem getting a few extra for the OP, just ask.