Im very, very concerned. Please read and advise

I read, but I don’t know why you are “very very concerned.”  It is quite possible to have a perfect day at Coco Cay without spending a dime! Spending extra on water park,  cocoa beach club, cabanas, zip line, etc is your choice. The pool, the beach, the lagoon, loungers, umbrellas, food and nonalcoholic beverages are all free. 

Your title is a bit overkill 

m

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Like 10

Many venues on CocoCay are ridiculously expensive, but as others have pointed out enough people are willing to pay for it I guess there isn't much we can do.  That old supply and demand thing.  I expect prices to come down as the 'newness' wears off.  I for one am not willing to pay those exorbitant prices, but then again we don't have a disappointed child looking up at us and begging to try the water slide.

• Like 1

I wouldn’t be very, very concerned about any price I wouldn’t have to pay anyone. 

It’s a choice. If you see the prices before your cruise, you decide what you want to pay for. 

Just now, cb at sea said:

You don't HAVE to buy ANYTHING on COCO CAY!  The day is free...as is the beach, the sun, the surf!  And, lunch!

Yeah you don't have to but that doesn't change the fact that things are ridiculously priced. But if people want to throw the cost of another cruise at royal for a little wooden beach shelter or a small water park that's their prerogative 

• Like 2

It’s called “what the market will bear” and apparently they are having no problem getting these prices. No, they won’t be getting them from me but if others were not willing to pay then I’m sure the bean counters will eventually realize this and lower prices. If people continue to pay, prices will remain the same or increase. It is a business for profit you know. 

For what it's worth, I just checked on the day-pass price at the Kalahari water park closest to me, and it's $94.99/person and locker rentals are $25.99.  

And that's for an indoor water park without the super-huge slides that they have at Coco Cay.  And food and drinks are extra.  

My advice- don't spend the money.  Easy, done.

Coco Cay was great before the remodel, all of the free stuff is still there, and the free food selection is MUCH better.  Get off, relax, eat, and get back on the ship without spending a dime.

You are welcome for the advice.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, alfaeric said:

all of the free stuff is still there

And even MORE free stuff.... way more loungers, way more umbrellas that are now FREE, the kiddie water park area is free, the huge pool is free, and like you already mentioned, the free food at the Chill Grill is way better AND includes ice cream and more free beverages AND the new Snack Shack is free, too!

We just returned from another private island, Half Moon Cay, which remains blissfully undeveloped. Just a few bars, and a buffet pavilion. Besides that, it’s just miles of beautiful, unspoiled beach. Outside of a few drinks, we didn’t spend a single dime, and it was without a doubt one of the most wonderful days that we’ve ever had at any private destination. Better than Coco Cay, Castaway Cay, or Labadee.

The cruise line will offer several options for you to spend extra money on. But you’re not required to spend extra to have the “Perfect Day at Coco Cay”.😉

2C246722-748D-4623-BF72-87459CEE419F.jpeg

BDE89A32-F3B8-4EB1-848C-FD8BA8EC326A.jpeg

Edited by Tapi
  • Like 3

When is your cruise?  What ship? And when did you start looking at these prices?    

I have been following prices since it opened and for most sailings - this pricing suggests that the water park has sold many tickets already and they have raised prices to this level.  

We paid much less than that for our April cruise.    Originally had $50 for water park, but we upgraded to thrill water park cabana for $299 (currently $349).  

To me... most of ships sponsored tours are ridiculous (with any line), As long as many other things lines are charging for and make $$$, but people buy them and as long as I’m not required to buy it, I’m fine.

I think the water park is great for kids. As an adult I don’t care for it. We walked around and found the island very crowded and no seating readily available in the beach or pool areas. So we hopped back on the ship and had it all to ourselves. It was awesome. 

52 minutes ago, trey420 said:

I didn't know they charged for the private island park.  Kinda expected the island owned by the cruise line to be open to cruisers.  I do like that undeveloped island better.  

They charge for the WATER park. 

Not the island, the pool, the beaches/loungers/umbrellas, the food, etc.  

4 minutes ago, grouchomarx said:

We walked around and found the island very crowded and no seating readily available in the beach or pool areas.

Wow, this is the first I've heard of no seating available.  I found loungers easily on two different beaches and at the pool on both of my visits.  Even the buffet area had plenty of open tables.  Only place that had limited seating was the swim-up bar.

Edited by brillohead

2 hours ago, alfaeric said:

My advice- don't spend the money.  Easy, done.

Coco Cay was great before the remodel, all of the free stuff is still there, and the free food selection is MUCH better.  Get off, relax, eat, and get back on the ship without spending a dime.

You are welcome for the advice.

I will also not pay since so much is free.  What is missing now is the free walking paths in the undeveloped parts of the island.  I have been told that there are no plans to add any walking paths.  Probably because there may not be any undeveloped parts of the island left.

5 hours ago, pokerguy90 said:

Does anyone else think the admission prices for the PD@COCOKAY IS OUTRAGEOUSLY OVERPRICED FOR THE WATER SLIDES AND OTHER AREAS.  $130 pp for slides : really...

This is what you are concerned about? We were at Coca Cay a few weeks ago and I can confirm no one was forced to buy tickets to the water park. We spent the day at the water park and had a blast, but there are still plenty of options to do there that don’t cost a thing. 

• Like 1