Carnival Modifies Cancellation Policy

CCLcruiser91

I have nothing from them yet. My sailing is March 21st. I have a Princess sailing March 14th - just saw they posted similar policy on their FB page. Nice to have options but sad that it might come to cancelling....

I'm really hoping this is true. It's being heavily circulated on social media. People who called Carnival were told it wasn't real, however, if it's dated tomorrow then it might not be made official until then and the agents answering the phones might not know about it yet. 

Someone else just said that Princess announced a similar thing. I haven't checked to see if that's true or not. Hoping this will pop up in my email tomorrow. I'm sailing on May 9th with no plans to cancel, so $200 OBC would be great!

• Like 2

I think it's a good idea to offer something tangible like this.  With all the negative news now regarding cruise ships, it's necessary to reward passengers who don't bail.  Should be happening across the board with all cruise lines.  I'm hoping this doesn't do lasting damage to this industry.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cruisequeen4ever said:

If this is true, and I really hope it is, June sailings need to be included, too, since our final payment is next week! We will likely be canceling unless a satisfactory modified cancellation schedule is produced. 

Do what's right for your situation, but you can't fault carnival and say this isn't satisfactory for now. the next person will want through July, then the next through August. They need to draw a line in the sand somewhere. 

• Like 4

hopefully this credit is refundable. for my cruise in may, i already have like 150 dollars in non-refundable credits which is plenty for me. i do not need an additional 200 dollars unless it is refundable

4 hours ago, bahacca said:

Until I get that email to my inbox from Carnival, I am not getting my hopes up. One website stating this doesn't make it true. The letter is dated the 6th, which is still tomorrow here.

Lol

25 minutes ago, shof515 said:

hopefully this credit is refundable. for my cruise in may, i already have like 150 dollars in non-refundable credits which is plenty for me. i do not need an additional 200 dollars unless it is refundable

In every silver lining, there is a cloud

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, cruisequeen4ever said:

If this is true, and I really hope it is, June sailings need to be included, too, since our final payment is next week! We will likely be canceling unless a satisfactory modified cancellation schedule is produced. 

They have to draw a line In the sand somewhere.  Obviously they hope everything calms down and bau takes over.  

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, bury me at sea said:

What a lovely surprise to go with my morning coffee.  Thanks for posting!

I agree.  If true, that is an outstanding customer service decision.  I'm still going unless chaos erupts. Thanks Carnival!!!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, shof515 said:

It's a gift.  Splurge and buy something you wouldn't usually buy for yourself.

• Like 6

We sail on carnival vista on the 14th.  I haven't received any notification yet.  If this is an option...the real question becomes...how long will this virus keep going?  Are we better off sailing now or later?  Kids in school...so our only options are summer and december.  Next year we are booked on Mardi Gras for spring break...but I wouldn't want to wait last minute like that to use the credit.  

• Like 1