Jim_Iain – East meets West Equinox Caribbean – B2B2B -March 14 to April 4

Jim_Iain

7 hours ago, cluso said:

Around the corner from Giorgi's is Kelly's Landing--New England style seafood, if you are so inclined.   Lots of restaurants around there, don't know if any of them are closing for Covid-19.  Sunday tends to have fewer open.

Yep, gotta watch out for those Spring Breakers...

We walked by Kelly’s and are taking your advise and trying them for dinner.  Will be sure to report back.  It’s almost across the street from Embassy Suites. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, FeliciaLee said:

The e-mail that we got from X said that for cruisers already in Florida, they would pay for the hotel and/or airfare home. Did you not receive the same e-mail? Surely they are going to reimburse you?

Great attitude, either way, Jim!

I didn’t get that one.  Will contact them when we get home.  Thanks. 

3 hours ago, FeliciaLee said:

The e-mail that we got from X said that for cruisers already in Florida, they would pay for the hotel and/or airfare home. Did you not receive the same e-mail? Surely they are going to reimburse you?

We still haven’t received an email about the cancellation much less one paying for our hotel! 😡

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

We walked by Kelly’s and are taking your advise and trying them for dinner.  Will be sure to report back.  It’s almost across the street from Embassy Suites. 

Love Kelly's Landing. Went there after getting off the Edge March 1. See my review in Yelp (Mike B)

Enjoy!

• Like 1

There are many nice parks, nature preserves  and places to walk in the Ft Lauderdale area...google Broward County

The water taxi has some interesting stops on either route....no car needed.

Alligator Alley is a long, fairly boring ride so I would skip the West Coast for a one day trip...Trip to the keys is scenic but  maybe not worth a one day trip 

8 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Glad you are able to make the best of your stay. Here in the Netherlands all 'horeca' restaurants, pubs, sports canteens etc were closed from 6 PM Sunday to April 6th. There was just half an hours notice!

Apparently the Saturday before there was a mass influx of Belgians crossing the border to party as Belgium had already closed these venues.🙃

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dutchclogs said:

Glad you are able to make the best of your stay. Here in the Netherlands all 'horeca' restaurants, pubs, sports canteens etc were closed from 6 PM Sunday to April 6th. There was just half an hours notice!

Apparently the Saturday before there was a mass influx of Belgians crossing the border to party as Belgium had already closed these venues.🙃

Thanks for the update. Stay safe. I wish we would do something - anything really!

• Like 1

As we spend our last day in Fort Lauderdale after cancellation of Celebrity Equinox.

Last night it was announced all beaches in Fort Lauderdale and Miami will be closed.   In addition all restaurants will be required to cut capacity by 50%.    Bars and Restaurants need to be cleared out by 11:00 so have imposed.     Most are closing at 10:00 PM   Including our Embassy Suites, our hotel.

Spring Break is over

• Like 3

16 hours ago, FeliciaLee said:

I didn’t get that one.  Will contact them when we get home.  Thanks. 

• Thanks 1

Kelly’s is a real hidden gem. 

I had the Lobster 🦞 Roll.   Incredible and made with all Claw Meat. Iain had the shrimp scampi.  We both had Key Lime Pie

The place was packed.

F1DD526C-B4CC-468F-9420-C949523A9115.thumb.jpeg.10e216740097f66528b93bfc9d060439.jpeg

3F6321ED-CBA7-4669-8B63-075741E93625.thumb.jpeg.7cd902612d5048b5173f09b79c267758.jpeg

9F630EA7-3605-46F5-A070-3935C637921A.thumb.jpeg.8a93e3fdbe75a3eb0604a675881846b4.jpeg 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Def not the usual  breakfast crowd.  Tables  with one guest spaced  apart....Social Distancing... In contrast to the awfully crowded beach scenes.  Glad they closed Spring Break down!

There are a few good Mex  places for lunch if you enjoy that..esp like the one in corner of sjopping center behind your ES hotel..nothibg fancy but good food, big portions!

Pool area nice as well..ignore the iguanas!

8 minutes ago, hcat said:

Def not the usual  breakfast crowd.  Tables  with one guest spaced  apart....Social Distancing... In contrast to the awfully crowded beach scenes.  Glad they closed Spring Break down!

There are a few good Mex  places for lunch if you enjoy that..esp like the one in corner of sjopping center behind your ES hotel..nothibg fancy but good food, big portions!

Pool area nice as well..ignore the iguanas!

We have been to that Mexican many times and were on the way there when we discover the Italian place. 

Safe travels.  We fly home later tonight (our regular scheduled flight). Expecting the airport to be packed. Canadian Prime Minister holding a New Conference today, expected that Canada may close it’s borders to all international travel including the US.

We are going to self isolate when we get home.  Seems like the wise thing to do.

hopefully we meet on a cruise shortly after this virus is defeated.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

We are enjoying ourselves in FLL.    Decided just to relax and play around locally.

Last night for Dinner we went to a little place down the street -  Giorgio.   Absolutely incredible food.   We both agreed the best Pizza we have ever had and the   Tiramisu was to die for.   Iain makes a great Tiramisu and even admitted it was as good or better than his. 

To add to the enjoyment they poured a really generous glass of wine. 

image.png.c89dd0f9808ae21a93d9add01c84293e.png

Image result for giorgios pizza

Image result for tiramisu

An excellent choice.  Giorgio's is one of my favorite places to eat in Fort Lauderdale and is within easy walking distance of all of the hotels on 17th street.  

Since everyone is giving Ft. Lauderdale restaurant recommendations, our first stop is always Primante Brothers on A1A, just south of Sunrise.  Since you love a good walk, this should be perfect for you.  In December, my friend and I were looking for a bakery on Las Olas; walked right past Las Olas and ended up at the cruise port (we started near the Galleria Mall).  I suspect that was at least a five mile walk each way.  Just a few tables and counter seating inside...more tables outside where you can look at the beach.  

Wow...no2 I'm hungry for pizza!

Enjoy.

Edited by lola2013

2 minutes ago, lola2013 said:

Since everyone is giving Ft. Lauderdale restaurant recommendations, our first stop is always Primante Brothers on A1A, just south of Sunrise.  Since you love a good walk, this should be perfect for you.  In December, my friend and I were looking for a bakery on Las Olas; walked right past Las Olas and ended up at the cruise port (we started near the Galleria Mall).  I suspect that was at least a five mile walk each way.  Just a few tables and counter seating inside...more tables outside where you can look at the beach.  

Wow...not I'm hungry for pizza!

Enjoy.

Primanti Brothers, another excellent choice.  As a Pittsburgh native, I was glad to see them expand nationwide.  An entire meal in a sandwich, although probably not a heart healthy choice.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

We are enjoying ourselves in FLL.    Decided just to relax and play around locally.

Last night for Dinner we went to a little place down the street -  Giorgio.   Absolutely incredible food.   We both agreed the best Pizza we have ever had and the   Tiramisu was to die for.   Iain makes a great Tiramisu and even admitted it was as good or better than his. 

To add to the enjoyment they poured a really generous glass of wine. 

image.png.c89dd0f9808ae21a93d9add01c84293e.png

Image result for giorgios pizza

Image result for tiramisu

Jim - Did they have a piano player named Johnny there????

22 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Primanti Brothers, another excellent choice.  As a Pittsburgh native, I was glad to see them expand nationwide.  An entire meal in a sandwich, although probably not a heart healthy choice.

Hoping they come to Chicago (or at least the northwest suburbs!).

• Like 1