Predict when cruising will start again post-Coronavirus

8 minutes ago, Hygge! said:

why is the number of vaccinated people so low in Aus / NZ?

Ask 10 people and you'll get 20 answers.

It's a combination of poor supply planning, a Federal government that runs away screaming whenever asked to take some responsibility for the rollout, state governments not sure enough of their supply from the Feds to commit vaccine to where it is needed, and a confused decentralised vaccination system.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Hygge! said:

Curious - would someone answer this question? why is the number of vaccinated people so low in Aus / NZ? So want to come over there in 2022! 

1. We didn't push through approvals of the vaccines under emergency conditions like your country did, they went through the normal appoval channels, which meant we only started vaccinating people in February.

2. Initially supplies of the two vaccines we are currently using were slow to arrive from overseas and, in one case, a shipment was blocked by Europe (who needed it more). 

3. I think the first batches of the AstraZenica vaccine that were produced here weren't ready until April. We don't have the ability to make the mRNA vaccines here yet.

4. The blood clot issue with AZ meant a lot of people resisted getting vaccinated even though supplies of this vaccine are now plentiful. Seniors don't have a choice of which vaccine they get, they are restricted to AZ and many were too scared to get it. 

5. Supplies of the Pfizer vaccine have to come from overseas and are given at specialized vaccine centres due to the very low temperatures required to store it. AZ can be given by GPs.

6. Now add in supply issues, government stuff-ups, media-bashing which scared people off, and no real centralised organisation of the rollout.

7. People felt too safe here because of the extremely low number of local transmission cases so weren't in a rush to get vaccinated. The current Melbourne outbreak has changed this attitude somewhat.

I think that about covers it.

Interestingly most, if not all, of the regulars on this forum have had their first jabs.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Hygge! said:

Thank you to those replied to my question! Hope things improve for the world. 

Hope you get to visit us. However, I think a 2022/2023 cruise here for international visitors is a possibility, but not a probability at this stage.

Edited by SinbadThePorter
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, suesinger said:

We cruised with you a few years back.  Hope all is well.

Stu and Sue Singer

G'day, was it the transatlantic on Caribbean Princess in 2016 with the NICE INGAs?

Things are fine here as life is almost normal, it certainly would be better if travelling (anywhere including overseas) and cruising safely was available in the very near future but it seems that may still be a year or more off at least.

Keep safe.

cheers Mic

12 hours ago, Hygge! said:

Curious - would someone answer this question? why is the number of vaccinated people so low in Aus / NZ? So want to come over there in 2022! 

1. Slow roll out, 2.Short supply of vaccine. 3. Around 30% of eligible people for vaccination declined the jab. In a nut shell, not a good situation. Govt has said international borders closed until mid 2022. But who knows?

12 hours ago, 1980dory said:

Mic,

Not quite.  It's not deer urine.  I have it on authority that  it is Cat ****.  Gives it a stronger 

flavor to compensate for the additional water and lack of aging.

Maybe you use deer in Oz but up here they use cats to accommodate American tastes.

It gives it a nice golden color and it also provides a good foamy head.

Disagree with the foamy head, it holds very little head at all in a good glass. I do not drink out of bottles, I have some decorum.

9 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

What about for wine?

No bottle necking...Has to be a decent size glass...If your gonna have a drink have a drink. Can't say middy and can't say light.lol.

amy-schumer-white-wine-huge-glass.jpg

Edited by NSWP
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

LOl, You look different, must be the sea air.

The Barbers were closed due to Covid, lol.  I wasted a lot of good Chateau cardboard chardy down my chin, lol.

11 hours ago, NSWP said:

Disagree with the foamy head, it holds very little head at all in a good glass. I do not drink out of bottles, I have some decorum.

NSWP,

That's because you're drinking the Australian version made with deer pee.  Try the American version made with cat pee and you will see what a great head it has!

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

G'day, was it the transatlantic on Caribbean Princess in 2016 with the NICE INGAs?

Things are fine here as life is almost normal, it certainly would be better if travelling (anywhere including overseas) and cruising safely was available in the very near future but it seems that may still be a year or more off at least.

Keep safe.

cheers Mic

please contact us off group.

sues089 at gmail dot com

what is an INGA?

Sue

On 6/1/2021 at 9:53 PM, SinbadThePorter said:

Ask 10 people and you'll get 20 answers.

It's a combination of poor supply planning, a Federal government that runs away screaming whenever asked to take some responsibility for the rollout, state governments not sure enough of their supply from the Feds to commit vaccine to where it is needed, and a confused decentralised vaccination system.

Of course it would have nothing to do with the gutless people who won't front for a shot. When Victoria opened it's mass vaccination clinic it was announced in the news that one nurse had a total of 1 patient in he whole shift for the day.

• Like 1

On 6/1/2021 at 3:12 AM, NSWP said:

I dont think you blokes have tried Budweiser, it is quite drinkable.th.jpg.07b7d4d3177fd5a524d7f0b53d1f8110.jpg

NSWP,

You need to be tested for Covid ASAP!  One of the symptoms is a loss of taste

and you could well be in the early stages of the virus.  Have you  had your shots yet? Good luck and please stay away from the deer pee.  It's just not good for you friend.  Listen to Mic. He's pretty sharp about such things.

• Haha 2

58 minutes ago, 1980dory said:

NSWP,

You need to be tested for Covid ASAP!  One of the symptoms is a loss of taste

and you could well be in the early stages of the virus.  Have you  had your shots yet? Good luck and please stay away from the deer pee.  It's just not good for you friend.  Listen to Mic. He's pretty sharp about such things.

In case you dont know i am a coeliac, so have the odd bud as low gluten. Beggars cannot be choosers, lol yes had my first az shot.

Edited by NSWP

11 hours ago, 1980dory said:

NSWP,

That's because you're drinking the Australian version made with deer pee.  Try the American version made with cat pee and you will see what a great head it has!

Tried that on the ships and in the land of the free.

1 hour ago, Russell21 said:

Of course it would have nothing to do with the gutless people who won't front for a shot. When Victoria opened it's mass vaccination clinic it was announced in the news that one nurse had a total of 1 patient in he whole shift for the day.

Exactly, why are people so afraid? Should be compulsory the covid jabs.

• Like 1