Predict when cruising will start again post-Coronavirus

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

I think they are just going at it to fast and our American friends just don’t have the discipline.

Look at Florida,cruise line’s can’t ask the passengers if they have been vaccinated.

Its going to happen and it’s all going to turn to mud.

My guess is that the cruise lines will call the Florida governor's bluff or take their business elsewhere.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

My guess is that the cruise lines will call the Florida governor's bluff or take their business elsewhere.

Even if they do some self-entitled gits will get fake documentation of being vaccinated, then someone will bring the virus onboard, and an outbreak will happen.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Even if they do some self-entitled gits will get fake documentation of being vaccinated, then someone will bring the virus onboard, and an outbreak will happen.

It’s the whole mentality of the place. They are tought at school they are special and everything is me.

But how ridiculous not letting the cruise line ask if they are vaccinated.

Edited by Chiliburn

18 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

It’s the whole mentality of the place. They are tought at school they are special and everything is me.

But how ridiculous not letting the cruise line ask if they are vaccinated.

I'm from the US and hope to goodness that the cruise lines call the Florida governor's bluff and if need be move to another state.  Agree with u that the cruise lines should be the ones to decide not some politically motivated governor.  FYI - I'm not one that thinks everything is me mentality - there are many of us that feel that way - it's why we have a new president!!.  I love to travel and meet different cultures and embrace different cultures! In fact, we both love Australia and New Zealand that we plan (and hope) for a trip next February for over 2 months. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

People who live in crowded slums of India don't have the virus.  They think because they have built up a resistance to germs.  A doctor who treats people in slums said covid patients come from outside the slums.  Interesting fact!

A few weeks ago a woman on QandA was asking a question and she said her brother a doctor in India was treating Covid patients in India's slums. He himself died of Covid. That claim seems a bit dubious🤔

As COVID-19 ravages India, a slum succeeds in turning the tide

Or it could be a misinterpretation of the findings of some studies:

How India’s slums are faring against the second covid19 wave

Edited by ilikeanswers
  • Like 3

This might get more people interested in getting the jab.

Qantas will offer a range of perks to people who are vaccinated to encourage more people to get a COVID jab. ABC

Key points:

• The prizes include flight points, credits and the chance at a year's worth of free travel
  • Anyone who has had the jab or gets it before the end of the year will be eligible
  • The head of Qantas wants other businesses to follow suit

"We are putting in a discount for people who have had the vaccine," he told Channel Nine.

"We are looking at giving 1,000 [Qantas] points, flight vouchers, credits and we are going to offer 10 mega prizes — at least one for each state and territory.

"Where you get, for the year, for a family of four, unlimited travel on the Qantas and Jetstar network, anywhere in the network."

Mr Joyce said hospitality company Accor would offer a million points to each of the winning families to cover their accommodation as well.

Health authorities have not ruled out introducing incentives in Australia to speed up the rollout, particularly before the flu season hits.

"I think we really do need to look for incentives, as many incentives as we can for people to become vaccinated," chief medical officer Paul Kelly said last week.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, By The Bay said:

This might get more people interested in getting the jab.

Qantas will offer a range of perks to people who are vaccinated to encourage more people to get a COVID jab. ABC

Key points:

• The prizes include flight points, credits and the chance at a year's worth of free travel
  • Anyone who has had the jab or gets it before the end of the year will be eligible
  • The head of Qantas wants other businesses to follow suit

"We are putting in a discount for people who have had the vaccine," he told Channel Nine.

"We are looking at giving 1,000 [Qantas] points, flight vouchers, credits and we are going to offer 10 mega prizes — at least one for each state and territory.

"Where you get, for the year, for a family of four, unlimited travel on the Qantas and Jetstar network, anywhere in the network."

Mr Joyce said hospitality company Accor would offer a million points to each of the winning families to cover their accommodation as well.

Health authorities have not ruled out introducing incentives in Australia to speed up the rollout, particularly before the flu season hits.

"I think we really do need to look for incentives, as many incentives as we can for people to become vaccinated," chief medical officer Paul Kelly said last week.

In America you can win a free cruise 😆:

Win Free Cruises, Vacation Packages Just for Getting Vaccinated

Rumours are running.

Ovation is on route to Manila to pick up crew and then on to Seattle to start early July.

Rumours are Pacific Explorer is in Manila picking up crew.

Voyager  has been to Malaysia and picked up crew in the last week and has transferred them to Ovation and Radiance and is now in Manila for more.

image.jpeg.3e2b1ecc2d45b69cd63b520c3d276633.jpeg

9 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Rumours are running.

Ovation is on route to Manila to pick up crew and then on to Seattle to start early July.

Rumours are Pacific Explorer is in Manila picking up crew.

Voyager  has been to Malaysia and picked up crew in the last week and has transferred them to Ovation and Radiance and is now in Manila for more.

image.jpeg.3e2b1ecc2d45b69cd63b520c3d276633.jpeg

Do you think they know something we don’t? Assuming pacific explorer will head down south?

2 minutes ago, gogo65 said:

Do you think they know something we don’t? Assuming pacific explorer will head down south?

Hopefully we will find out this week.

Wouldn’t it be nice to hear Pacific Explorer and Radiance for test cruises.

20 hours ago, ilikeanswers said:

In America you can win a free cruise 😆:

Win Free Cruises, Vacation Packages Just for Getting Vaccinated

Here is what the Cruise Weekly site is reporting about incentives in the USA, even beer.😁

"DESPERATE to cruise? CVS Pharmacy might send you on one if you get vaccinated!
The United States-based pharmaceutical chain is throwing its weight behind President Joe Biden’s push to get 70% of Americans vaccinated against coronavirus by Independence Day, promising
prizes ranging from cruises to a trip to Super Bowl LVI in LA.

The scheme will run from Jun, and feature gift cards and prizes from Norwegian Cruise Line in a
series of weekly sweepstakes. Also up for grabs are prizes from consumer goods company
Procter & Gamble and dating app Hinge.

The sweepstakes follow a promise from Ohio Governor Mike DeWine earlier this month offering baseball tickets and beer, as well as a $1 million prize draw for those who got at least one vaccine dose."

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Too bad we do not qualify to enter. Wouldn't be able to get there anyway.

If you won the beer, you will not need to travel to the Land of Tipping. They now make Budweiser 'King of Beers' (USA) in Melbourne, so straight up ye olde Hume Hwy with a few cartons of 'Bud' for ye Mic.

th.jpg.07b7d4d3177fd5a524d7f0b53d1f8110.jpg

Edited by NSWP

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

If you won the beer, you will not need to travel to the Land of Tipping. They now make Budweiser 'King of Beers' (USA) in Melbourne, so straight up ye olde Hume Hwy with a few cartons of 'Bud' for ye Mic.

I think you will find that budweiser is not actually a beer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Mic,

I've known that for years!  Bud light, it's now watered down so you get 'less calories' and people insist on buying the 'light' variety. 

For thousands of years brewers have known that aging mellows and improves the brew.   It used to be Beechwood aged for a very unique flavor.  Now you get 'peak of freshness' dates.  This is analogous to buying water in a bottle when 60% of that water has been shown to only be tap water.

Only in America, land of the gullible.  I hope I haven't offended any of the

gullible-ites but I'm sure they will chime in soon.

20 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

On my first ever trip to US back in '95, on our first night there we were ordering  in-room dinner and I asked for a beer. They asked me which one, & I replied I'd heard about this Budweiser, so bring me a couple of them.

Next night we were having dinner in the hotel restaurant & it turned out it was the same person from last night's order. When we got to the beer I said give me anything other than what you gave me last night - they were very surprised that I didn't like Bud 🙂 

8 minutes ago, mr walker said:

On my first ever trip to US back in '95, on our first night there we were ordering  in-room dinner and I asked for a beer. They asked me which one, & I replied I'd heard about this Budweiser, so bring me a couple of them.

Next night we were having dinner in the hotel restaurant & it turned out it was the same person from last night's order. When we got to the beer I said give me anything other than what you gave me last night - they were very surprised that I didn't like Bud 🙂 

I'm sure your assessment is the result of your refined Aussie pallet and lack of exposure

to American marketing propaganda.

59 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Budweiser is a beer Mic, big in USA. I have the odd one as their is a rice component, not much gluten.  Bud has been on the market since the late 1800's, known as 'The King of Beers.'  A slightly sweetish brew with not much head, but I don't mind it, but then I am restricted gluten wise, it has been rated as low gluten in USA.

4.5% abv. On the ships they sell it in the red metal bottles, here in glass. 

Edited by NSWP

24 minutes ago, 1980dory said:

Mic,

I've known that for years!  Bud light, it's now watered down so you get 'less calories' and people insist on buying the 'light' variety. 

For thousands of years brewers have known that aging mellows and improves the brew.   It used to be Beechwood aged for a very unique flavor.  Now you get 'peak of freshness' dates.  This is analogous to buying water in a bottle when 60% of that water has been shown to only be tap water.

Only in America, land of the gullible.  I hope I haven't offended any of the

gullible-ites but I'm sure they will chime in soon.

Wrong !! Budweiser is real beer, I have tried Bud Lite, don't like that. It is popular in USA and they sell it on Princess ships. Like any light beer thin and not much flavour, light on alcohol and calories.