Predict when cruising will start again post-Coronavirus

Just now, Aus Traveller said:

A good suggestion. 😁 A horse would produce much more than a cat .......

BTW:  Check out Budweiser Wuhan International Brewing Company.

Budweiser-Wuhan... now where have I heard that name before?

14 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

A good suggestion. 😁 A horse would produce much more than a cat .......

Aus,

You sound like you have good management potential.  Have you considered living in St. Louis?   Not a bad place and right on the Mississippi river.  I hear there are also great opportunities in the Wuhan division also.  You might want to get your shots first though.  If you can't get one of the more popular shots, there 

is also a special Chinese version available that was (I believe) developed right in Wuhan.

Wuhan sounds like a very progressive city with lots of research going on in many areas.

This is what we call a, "ground floor opportunity".

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, 1980dory said:

Aus,

You sound like you have good management potential.  Have you considered living in St. Louis?   Not a bad place and right on the Mississippi river.  I hear there are also great opportunities in the Wuhan division also.  You might want to get your shots first though.  If you can't get one of the more popular shots, there 

is also a special Chinese version available that was (I believe) developed right in Wuhan.

Wuhan sounds like a very progressive city with lots of research going on in many areas.

This is what we call a, "ground floor opportunity".

Been there, done that - the management I mean, not Wuhan. I have been to St Louis. It was OK, but I don't want to live there. 😁 As far as shots are concerned, I have had the first one, with an appointment booked for the second one. I will pass on the Chinese one.😁 I have heard that there is a lot of research going on there ........

6 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Been there, done that - the management I mean, not Wuhan. I have been to St Louis. It was OK, but I don't want to live there. 😁 As far as shots are concerned, I have had the first one, with an appointment booked for the second one. I will pass on the Chinese one.😁 I have heard that there is a lot of research going on there ........

I used to live near St. Louis but I too did not want to live near there.  So I moved way down south.  NO SNOW.  I don't like shoveling it, driving in it, falling in it, etc.  Remember snow is a four letter word.  And mama always told me to never use those four letter words.

If I were still working in management, Wuhan might be the better alternative.  On second thought...maybe not.

5 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

Gave up the booze a long while back, way back when I’d drink almost anything, but Bud or Forstererers, I’d need to be real thirsty.

I bought a litre bottle of Canadian Club 🥃 whisky from Dans, having a double now with schweppes dry ginger ale and ice, nice, you should try that mr gut.

Lyle will appreciate me supporting the Canadian economy, lol.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

Glad you enjoy the Canadian Club Uncle Les. My house whiskey is Crown Royal which is best enjoyed on ice no mix. I have some Gibson's for those who prefer mix. I don't drink scotch but keep some Glenfiddich on hand for those who enjoy it. I just discovered I don't have any Vodka oops no Caesars for me 🥺

7 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

Glad you enjoy the Canadian Club Uncle Les. My house whiskey is Crown Royal which is best enjoyed on ice no mix. I have some Gibson's for those who prefer mix. I don't drink scotch but keep some Glenfiddich on hand for those who enjoy it. I just discovered I don't have any Vodka oops no Caesars for me 🥺

I drink my scotch neat if it is a half decent drop, sometimes on the rocks. If the scotch is the cheaper kind i.e. JW Red, then with a dash of dry.

43 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Well we should have had a announcement that the cruise ban will be extended by now. 
It’s less that 2 weeks for the end of the ban.
I think we are in for a change ???

Let’s hope so!

I don’t the Kimberley cruise operators can hold out for much longer..

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

Well we should have had a announcement that the cruise ban will be extended by now. 

I keep thinking that there must be an announcement coming soon. 

• Haha 1

National Cabinet is having their monthly meeting today. 🤞

5 minutes ago, By The Bay said:

National Cabinet is having their monthly meeting today. 🤞

I suppose they will come up with the fabulous idea that no one has thought about yet.

Get tourism moving ,get people back in a job.

I suppose they will come up with the fabulous idea that no one has thought about yet.

Before the 4 hour taxer payer funded luncheon with fine wines, I hope. No meat pie and can of coke for those jokers.

From what I've read Australian tourism is doing very well in many places at the moment but they are still struggling to get staff in restaurants/cafes.

4 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

From what I've read Australian tourism is doing very well in many places at the moment but they are still struggling to get staff in restaurants/cafes.

Indeed as you and I know from our recent road trips, plenty of Aussies out there spending up, food, drink, accommodation, fuel, etc. PIES !!

19 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Yes, in SEQld. tourism is doing really well.  Whereas, places, like Cairns, in NQld., which relied on overseas visitors are struggling.  Of course, it wasn't always like that.  When I was young, Cairns was affordable for Aussie visitors, so a popular place to visit for locals.

35 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

In the regional areas yes ,not so much in the big smoke.
From what I hear on the radio it’s so busy in the country areas that it’s putting people off.

Everything is in demand ,car hire companies have sold their cars over the last year and can’t replace them.

Cruise would fill the gap, people will fly to Sydney,Brisbane,Cairns.

Stay a night,spend a few bucks,

Hey it would get @gbenjoback into the buffet at the OPT.

4 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

I drink my scotch neat if it is a half decent drop, sometimes on the rocks. If the scotch is the cheaper kind i.e. JW Red, then with a dash of dry.

If you make it back to Victoria I'll make sure there is a "decent" drop in the house. Like I said the house Scotch is Glenfiddich, the house rum is Appleton's (for use in mixed drinks) but we do have the "Top Shelf" Ron Zacapa always served neat or perhaps with 1 ice cube. I usually have Absolute Vodka but I have let it run out 😧.

Having followed the pack around the promenade deck all the way to the bar I took a look at the actual topic and realized I should not contribute further. So if everyone has a drink from the bar...Cheers everyone be safe, until we are able to cruise again.

44 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

In the regional areas yes ,not so much in the big smoke.
From what I hear on the radio it’s so busy in the country areas that it’s putting people off.

Everything is in demand ,car hire companies have sold their cars over the last year and can’t replace them.

Cruise would fill the gap, people will fly to Sydney,Brisbane,Cairns.

Stay a night,spend a few bucks,

Hey it would get @gbenjoback into the buffet at the OPT.

Yes, I think Sydney in particular is suffering from the loss of overseas tourists. I haven't been into the city for ages so I'm not sure how quiet it is around Circular Quay. 

I'm a bit surprised tourisn hasn't picked up in FNQ but it's just the start of their season so maybe things will get better there. Of course they didn't get the overseas visitors in summer which would have been a problem.

Anyway just as long as the people making the decisions about cruising don't use tourism numbers that have peaked in places through domestic tourism as an excuse to hold off on the cruising restart.

3 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I don’t know if this is good news or bad news but federal parliament is debating to extend the small cruise ships till 2023.

C3565F7E-B8BF-4B0E-8C11-79BD81FFC0C5.thumb.png.40b8e6156448265dcee61f117bbbf285.png80A8162C-89F4-427D-A340-34D1007FA0A5.thumb.jpeg.6b7576cd8c1e9c1f675bffec37e70a44.jpeg

https://parlinfo.aph.gov.au/parlInfo/search/display/display.w3p;page=0;query=BillId:s1291 Recstruct:billhome

Well it won't be good news if they ban the ships until 30 June 2023 !!

But it is on the cards.

Edited by NSWP