Predict when cruising will start again post-Coronavirus

1 minute ago, Chiliburn said:

Maybe we need our resident lawyer @GUT2407 to interrupt 

More like everybody lobby their Federal MP.    We have just done that re Meals on Wheels funding cuts, they chopped us almost 50%.

It just looks like an extension to an existing allowance.

Sort if thing happens all the time, without ulterior motives.

Also happens when the particular govt — state local, federal — have not done the work that would make the allowance unnecessary.

27 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I don’t know if this is good news or bad news but federal parliament is debating to extend the small cruise ships till 2023.

C3565F7E-B8BF-4B0E-8C11-79BD81FFC0C5.thumb.png.40b8e6156448265dcee61f117bbbf285.png80A8162C-89F4-427D-A340-34D1007FA0A5.thumb.jpeg.6b7576cd8c1e9c1f675bffec37e70a44.jpeg

https://parlinfo.aph.gov.au/parlInfo/search/display/display.w3p;page=0;query=BillId:s1291 Recstruct:billhome

But reading that page, it looks like they wish to extend permission for vessels of a certain class to be able to sail here - rather than banning anything.

8 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

It just looks like an extension to an existing allowance.

Sort if thing happens all the time, without ulterior motives.

Also happens when the particular govt — state local, federal — have not done the work that would make the allowance unnecessary.

I went to the website, and it is clear that the Senate is supporting Super Yacht's. The bill passed both houses yesterday.

"The Special Recreational Vessel Amendment Bill 2021 will extend the sunset date of the Special Recreational Vessels Act 2019 (the SRV Act). This Act allows foreign special recreational vessels (also known as Superyachts) to apply for a special recreational vessel temporary licence to operate on the Australian coast, if they choose to opt in to the coastal trading regulatory regime. This allows these vessels to be offered for hire or charter.

This Bill permits special recreational vessels to continue to charter in Australia and have these opportunities realised. "

6 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I read somewhere that it’s up-to 99 passengers ,wouldn’t that be the ones around the top end?

And why would they extend it if they will allow larger ships?

Rich mates wanting to come here in their super yachts. perhaps?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, By The Bay said:

I went to the website, and it is clear that the Senate is supporting Super Yacht's. The bill passed both houses yesterday.

"The Special Recreational Vessel Amendment Bill 2021 will extend the sunset date of the Special Recreational Vessels Act 2019 (the SRV Act). This Act allows foreign special recreational vessels (also known as Superyachts) to apply for a special recreational vessel temporary licence to operate on the Australian coast, if they choose to opt in to the coastal trading regulatory regime. This allows these vessels to be offered for hire or charter.

This Bill permits special recreational vessels to continue to charter in Australia and have these opportunities realised. "

Can you work out what’s on parliament agenda for next week?

There must be something about cruise ships next week.

9 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

In the regional areas yes ,not so much in the big smoke.
From what I hear on the radio it’s so busy in the country areas that it’s putting people off.

Everything is in demand ,car hire companies have sold their cars over the last year and can’t replace them.

Cruise would fill the gap, people will fly to Sydney,Brisbane,Cairns.

Stay a night,spend a few bucks,

Hey it would get @gbenjoback into the buffet at the OPT.

Get your facts right....there is no buffet at the OPT.

12 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

I’m sure you would find one floating about 20 meters to the east of OPT.

There is  a bit more to worry about than a buffet....then again I haven’t worked for about fifteen months so getting a bit peckish.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, gbenjo said:

There is  a bit more to worry about than a buffet....then again I haven’t worked for about fifteen months so getting a bit peckish.

Nick over the road to City Extra, graham, tell em to charge your mixed grill to Guts a/c, lol. He has plenty.

Mixed-Grill-b-300x288.jpg.dcf3c63ea8e97220a7930a8a76298568.jpg

17 hours ago, gogo65 said:

So exactly what constitutes a super yacht? Does anyone know?

Super yachts are the ones Governments often break/bend the laws for.  I just noticed this weekend, the Southport Yacht Club is extending the number of berths for these super yachts.  This is in front of public parkland.  Sydney Harbour is full of them, just walk along the waterfront from the Botanical Gardens.  One beautiful bay now looks like a yacht car park.  Councils have a lot to answer for!  $$$$

On the TV series' showing the goings on on Superyachts there is typically a crew of 10, and a passenger capacity of maybe 8 & the average length of the charters is 3 days, and you are expected to tip at least US$10K 🙂 

1 hour ago, mr walker said:

On the TV series' showing the goings on on Superyachts there is typically a crew of 10, and a passenger capacity of maybe 8 & the average length of the charters is 3 days, and you are expected to tip at least US$10K 🙂 

I met a couple who were on call 24 hours per day to cruise anywhere in the world on one of those super yachts.  The wife cooked, whilst the husband sailed and maintained the yacht.  Was a wonderful life based in Monaco.  Then the wife had a child and was based on land, whilst the husband stayed on the yacht.   It wasn't the lifestyle for a family.

On 5/26/2021 at 11:17 AM, MMDown Under said:

No!  I know of no successful off the plan purchases.  I was surprised how expensive the deposit amounts got.  Surely it should be a token amount to hold the booking until closer to departure date, when it is know ship will be cruising.  

I have just taken possession of an apartment bought off the plan.  It took four years to build though, what with Covid etc.

35 minutes ago, onlyslightlymad said:

I have just taken possession of an apartment bought off the plan.  It took four years to build though, what with Covid etc.

Congratulations.  Did you get what you wanted in the end?