Predict when cruising will start again post-Coronavirus

1 minute ago, LittleFish1976 said:

I'm also sorry to hear you're not well. A long cruise might be just what the doctor (should have) ordered.

As you see from my signature my late wife and I did plenty. Thanks.

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

That is the end of the May 2022 Coral Princess Worldie then, the ship will not even come here. And here was Uncle Les waiting in the wings to book Sydney to Dover. Plenty of cabins now.

She might still come here if domestic cruising is allowed. She's also doing the Round Australia runs, and the Hawaii/Tahiti runs. The latter in April would probably be off but she could do Top End cruises all winter. Sydney to Perth and vice-versa like Dawn Princess used to do before she went to P&O.

49 minutes ago, LittleFish1976 said:

Weather should be very nice at that time of year. We've always found that those times just before our local school holidays are very popular with both retirees and couples with pre-schoolers so August/September is normally busy.

We used to go to PD fairly regularly before we started cruising. Usually September.

34 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Heart, AF, hypertension, prostrate, diabetes, gout, coeliac is a mere intrusion, you name it, I have it. My GP reckons I am a dead man walking. But I hope to have one last cruise, a biggy, 50 grand worth.

Thank you for your concerns my lovely.

Tough old bugger like you, probably outlast us all. 

But all the same take care my friend.

44 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I would book that as a halfie, but not sure if I will still be alive. Not real well.

Sorry Les, that you are not well. Take care and look after yourself and follow your doctor's advice.

Leigh

13 hours ago, NSWP said:

Heart, AF, hypertension, prostrate, diabetes, gout, coeliac is a mere intrusion, you name it, I have it. My GP reckons I am a dead man walking. But I hope to have one last cruise, a biggy, 50 grand worth.

Thank you for your concerns my lovely.

This is not good to hear Les. As I said you are rough and tough and hard to bluff. Even though we have made other plans and will not make it to Oz any time soon, we dearly hope you will still be living large when we get there. Maybe some of the little fish with the fortress mentality will look at the large picture and realize that stepping up vaccination is the only way to give the people freedom. I hope you get that last big cruise, make it a Transpacific to Vancouver we'll pick you up from there.

3 minutes ago, bazzaw said:

Just got an email from a TA for a repositioning cruise --- HELLOOOO!!!

Circular Quay to Manly, Barry?

1009166819_th(4).jpg.c897211b6c3fdbd1f88c14141bbe7c75.jpg

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Where and when ?

Is your agent located in Africa and said you have a big inheritance coming?

I also got an email about a repositioning cruise - probably the same email Barry got. It is in October, 2022, so not unrealistic (in my opinion).

1 minute ago, MicCanberra said:

The cruise lines will still be selling future cruises and therefore the TAs will still be promoting them.

Agreed. The TA's, and even more so the cruise lines, need to keep interest in future cruising ticking along.

4 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

In the meantime, they are loosing trust from their passengers.  

I am not losing trust in either the cruise lines or the TAs - except maybe over slow refunds from some. The resumption of cruising is totally in the hands of the government - mainly federal.

19 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

I am not losing trust in either the cruise lines or the TAs - except maybe over slow refunds from some. The resumption of cruising is totally in the hands of the government - mainly federal.

I am disappointed in cruise lines advertising cruises which aren't going to cruise.  You have only to look at Lyle's situation and his genuine disappointment that his cruise Down Under is unlikely to cruise.  It is not just the actual cruise, but the flights and land content which have to be cancelled and refunds sought.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

I am disappointed in cruise lines advertising cruises which aren't going to cruise.  You have only to look at Lyle's situation and his genuine disappointment that his cruise Down Under is unlikely to cruise.  It is not just the actual cruise, but the flights and land content which have to be cancelled and refunds sought.  

When he booked that cruise, no-one (not even the Australian government) would have known that Australia's borders would still be closed early in 2022.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

When he booked that cruise, no-one (not even the Australian government) would have known that Australia's borders would still be closed early in 2022.

Actually the first cruise was booked in 2019 while on an Alaska cruise in Eclipse, that was for January 2021. When the wheels fell off that we booked a year later for January 2022 thinking that a country that had done so well at keeping the virus at bay would be ready to take it on full out by implementing a robust vaccination campaign. As it turns out Australian politicians feel it's expedient to keep their people locked up rather than make the virus impotent.

As I have been told off before about voicing my take on affairs thousands of mile from here, I will leave it at that.

24 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Actually the first cruise was booked in 2019 while on an Alaska cruise in Eclipse, that was for January 2021. When the wheels fell off that we booked a year later for January 2022 thinking that a country that had done so well at keeping the virus at bay would be ready to take it on full out by implementing a robust vaccination campaign. As it turns out Australian politicians feel it's expedient to keep their people locked up rather than make the virus impotent.

As I have been told off before about voicing my take on affairs thousands of mile from here, I will leave it at that.

One of the things preventing our borders being opened Lyle, is that many Aussies are declining the vaccination, for various reasons. Until the response improves, I think we will remain closed. But saying that, one can still get out of OZ for a valid reason via exemption and return, albeit at an inflated ticket price.

30 minutes ago, NSWP said:

One of the things preventing our borders being opened Lyle, is that many Aussies are declining the vaccination, for various reasons. Until the response improves, I think we will remain closed. But saying that, one can still get out of OZ for a valid reason via exemption and return, albeit at an inflated ticket price.

The biggest disappointment about postponing again is the real possibility that we may miss meeting you. We are hopeful that you will still be living large and at home when we finally get there but it looks like perhaps as late as your spring 2023. Cheers and be well, remember you will be welcome here any time.

• Like 1

Side tracking slightly     ( would never do such a thing   ( who said that ) )

This is one thing I dislike about cruising, it long lead time,     from booking to going...

Which make the present situation worse....    like just push the date out another year....

Also disappointment as the date gets closer and things look just as bad.....

I am starting to think we will file away cruising for a while.... quite a while....

I would love to go cruise.... but it is no going to happen

and another thing a year is long time....things can easily change in that time.....

Don

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

Side tracking slightly     ( would never do such a thing   ( who said that ) )

This is one thing I dislike about cruising, it long lead time,     from booking to going...

Which make the present situation worse....    like just push the date out another year....

Also disappointment as the date gets closer and things look just as bad.....

I am starting to think we will file away cruising for a while.... quite a while....

I would love to go cruise.... but it is no going to happen

and another thing a year is long time....things can easily change in that time.....

Don

Unless you just want to jump in the car and go .

Any well planned holiday has a long lead up.

In normal times you can do holidays at short notice but you are going to pay for it.

2 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Unless you just want to jump in the car and go .

Any well planned holiday has a long lead up.

In normal times you can do holidays at short notice but you are going to pay for it.

until cruising generally planed a holiday about 3 months in advance... except the Indian Pacific that was about six months....  current break   a month....

Cheers Don

32 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

until cruising generally planed a holiday about 3 months in advance... except the Indian Pacific that was about six months....  current break   a month....

Cheers Don

One of the advantages of being retired, you can usually find something at short notice, as long as you are adaptable.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

One of the advantages of being retired, you can usually find something at short notice, as long as you are adaptable.  

True, I remember in 2014 we booked Arcadia, Sydney to Southampton, 7 weeks via Africa, 3 weeks before sailing. when 50% off cabin sale on. We were away 14 weeks all up. Yep have passport will travel, just give methe 💰 lol.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

In the meantime, they are loosing trust from their passengers.  

They certainly wont be getting any of my cash for such a proposal - would you pay a deposit for an "off the plan" Apartment - in an Apartment building which may or may not be built in 2022???