Celebrity Cruisers - How are Things where YOU are?

Host Anne

1 hour ago, TeaBag said:

flood.thumb.jpg.e84750a9ab588987a87ac2ad5a2aaf44.jpg

I understand the water isn't draining...no where to go.  Just mud everywhere.  People lost or died in the mudslides from the mountains while driving on the highway during the slide.  Worse than these pics can tell...thank you for showing them.

1 hour ago, TeaBag said:

You're welcome.  The pictures make it more believable than any words can do.  I wanted to add that you can click on them to enlarge them but couldn't seem to do it.

I could enlarge by clicking and further enlarged by 'spreading' the screen. 

On 11/18/2021 at 6:46 PM, TeaBag said:

Lovely to see some of you getting ready to cruise again.  At the moment we do not have anything scheduled till July but sometimes I think I'm not going to last that long.  We are seriously looking at the new sailing from Vancouver to Hawaii in April.  And hey if we book it we get 50 PUP!!

I just got my booster on Tuesday and honestly I had a sorer arm with the flu shot.  I guess I'm a tough old bag!  DH was quite sick for about 5 days with his booster shot.  i hope you have a better time with the third one On the Journey.

I can't get my mind off the terrible disasters we have in BC with that torrential rain we had last Sun/Mon.  Heard today it is the worst disaster Canada has ever seen.  I could cry thinking of all the animals drowning in the fields and all the chickens in the flooded barns.  I feel terrible for all those farmers.  I don't think at the present time you can drive from Vancouver to the rest of Canada as many of the roads are flooded and broken up and they are still looking for missing people who were victims of a terrible slide.

Keep safe everyone and dream of your next cruise.

Here in Saskatchewan, we are thinking of and praying for our B.C. neighbours to the west.  Your province has had an extra rough year with extreme weather, Covid, your premier's illness, and now this.  Too much!!!  We got the remnants of the storm system here on the prairies, but it was just lots of wind, snow, and ice, thankfully (normal winter starting in SK).    This massive tragedy has far reaching and lasting impacts for all of B.C. and, indeed, the entire country.  Here's hoping for a healthy recovery for your province and a better new year!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We are preparing this week for our American Thanksgiving holiday.  We are thankful that our family is vaccinated and we can enjoy it all together unlike last year.  We have heard about shortages of turkeys and other traditional dinner items (like cranberry sauce) here in the US but in my area everything is available in abundance.  We are blessed this year.  Enjoy everybody.

• Like 2

On 11/20/2021 at 12:59 AM, Oceangoer2 said:

I haven't heard anything re this devastation on US news sites.  It will take years to recover from this disaster...highways torn apart, bridges swept away,  homes,livestock and farmland gone. 

It's been on TV news and newspapers down here in Australia, " a land of droughts and flooding rains" Dorothea Mackellar - My Country.

We're experienciung a lot of rain and some flooding but nothing like in BC. We are officially in a "la Nina" weather event which means we are in for a wet summer. This time two years ago this month the place was on fire - ironic?

Not comparing at all to the issues and magnitude in BC- but even here in my state of PA we had the remnants of hurricane Ida hit hard at the end of August.  Huge amount of flooding and damage.  Three months later we still have closed roads and bridges due to the flooding.  It seems weather is just crazy everywhere.    Be safe everybody!

just finished a 7N Thanksgiving cruise on the Apex…..and I’m feeling fantastic after getting back home! It’s tough getting back to ‘normal’ - whatever that is nowadays - just turned the TV on for the first time to Not check out where we are at sea; got to go walking around the neighborhood intentionally since I got over 10K steps just doing regular stuff onboard! And it was beyond tough actually going into the kitchen and opening up the yoghurt and adding walnuts….myself! Heck, I Had to make my own coffee!! 

It’s a tough life, but I’ll survive.

den

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, TeaBag said:

Welcome home, Denny.  Bet your coffee was even better than the cruise ship's!

Nope! I love the Lavazza the ship uses and I usually went to Al Bacio……the best latte was in Eden Restaurant. They had their own brewer instead of going to Al Bacio as does many of the restaurants, and it was even smoother than the ‘norm’.

But I’ll survive till this June when we take our family on a Solstice to Alaska.

den

7 minutes ago, Denny01 said:

Nope! I love the Lavazza the ship uses and I usually went to Al Bacio……the best latte was in Eden Restaurant. They had their own brewer instead of going to Al Bacio as does many of the restaurants, and it was even smoother than the ‘norm’.

But I’ll survive till this June when we take our family on a Solstice to Alaska.

den

I was on Celebrity not long after they switched to Lavazza. Ever since it is the only coffee I drink at home. At first I sourced it via mail order, but then I encouraged our local Krogers to carry it and it is regularly on the shelves.

Stan

3 hours ago, Denny01 said:

den

Glad you had a good trip Den.

We changed our cruise plans to move it up. We have a 9 day Pacific Coastal on Viking Orion at the beginning of April. I hope we can still touch base when you are in Victoria in the summer.

I somehow think that a former Aviator your traditional home brew resembles black tar.

Take Care.

16 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Glad you had a good trip Den.

We changed our cruise plans to move it up. We have a 9 day Pacific Coastal on Viking Orion at the beginning of April. I hope we can still touch base when you are in Victoria in the summer.

I somehow think that a former Aviator your traditional home brew resembles black tar.

Take Care.

I’d not drink it unless the spoon stood up in the middle of it! I now drink lots of latte and capachino……..that’s what happens when you leave a Haze,  Gray and Underway ship and step onto a Luxury Cruise Liner!

Hope to see you this summer!

den

Edited by Denny01
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, GottaKnowWhen said:

I was on Celebrity not long after they switched to Lavazza. Ever since it is the only coffee I drink at home. At first I sourced it via mail order, but then I encouraged our local Krogers to carry it and it is regularly on the shelves.

Stan

We can readily get Lavazza and even Lavazza K-cups of various types in the markets where we live here in PA.

On 11/29/2021 at 2:13 PM, GottaKnowWhen said:

Stan

Same here.   I've been drinking Lavazza coffee at home and I'm sold.    This year though,   I made the big jump and bought the Lavazza Classy Expresso\Latte\Cappuccino\Macchiato\Coffee machine as I am trying to create my own Cafe El Baccio experience at home.

I haven't slept in 3 weeks but I am getting better at making the Butterfly and Loving Heart diagrams in the froth of the drink as I pull out the mixing/steamer utensil!     You may be laughing but that is really hard to do.      

Eat your heart out Starbucks !       

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...

No Christmas cheer here in Oz. The feds have yesterday, banned cruise ships for a further two months thru Feb 17 next year. With an election coming up and memories of Ruby Princess "petri dish" debacle are still ringing in their heads. Yet our elegible population is now 90% double vaxxed (my state is 95%). Go figure.

I'm not seeing any cruising happening down here until our summer, perhaps Oct on.

15 hours ago, lyndarra said:

No Christmas cheer here in Oz. The feds have yesterday, banned cruise ships for a further two months thru Feb 17 next year. With an election coming up and memories of Ruby Princess "petri dish" debacle are still ringing in their heads. Yet our eligible population is now 90% double vaxxed (my state is 95%). Go figure.

I'm not seeing any cruising happening down here until our summer, perhaps Oct on.

I find this a bit disheartening that there in OZ the powers that be are not following or understanding how safe cruising has been and the extent of the testing and operations in place elsewhere.  Even in the world's worst COVID country (USA) for the past 18 months, cruising is happening and there have been no more than a few cases on the ships.  All well controlled.  No outbreaks.  What about Australia-only cruises with just double-vaccinated Australia citizens who have not traveled outside the country?  That seems very low risk.

1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

I find this a bit disheartening that there in OZ the powers that be are not following or understanding how safe cruising has been and the extent of the testing and operations in place elsewhere.  Even in the world's worst COVID country (USA) for the past 18 months, cruising is happening and there have been no more than a few cases on the ships.  All well controlled.  No outbreaks.  What about Australia-only cruises with just double-vaccinated Australia citizens who have not traveled outside the country?  That seems very low risk.

Based on what stats are you using to make the claim:

Even in the world's worst COVID country (USA) for the past 18 months?

45 minutes ago, Sam.Seattle said:

Based on what stats are you using to make the claim:

Even in the world's worst COVID country (USA) for the past 18 months?

Claim?  Not trying to get into a discussion that is not allowed by Cruise Critic.  In the USA there have been over 49 million cases and over 796,000 deaths.  No other country in the world is even close.

Reference:

https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2020/health/coronavirus-maps-and-cases/

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TeeRick said:

I agrre it is disheartening. IIRC there are small Australian based cruises but they have a 100 passenger limit. Many cruise tragics here were hoping for start up cruises for Oz only passengers but it's not going to happen anytime soon. Small ship cruises (Captain Cook Cruises) have resumed in the Fiji islands but ATM they are not Australian based but we can fly there now if we want.