How are things where YOU are? (in relation to the Corona Virus)

9 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

There are some positives going on, at different levels.

The Teddy bear trail from last time seems to have been replaced by Spoonvilles.  Kids enjoy seeing them and contributing more spoons in their local areas.

In Williamstown, one of the restaurants had a kitchen fire. Put them out of action. However, a couple of yacht clubs offered their cold stores that night to save the food. Now the restaurant is operating a delivery using a yacht club kitchen.

What is/are spoonsvilles?

Just now, Docker123 said:

Wooden and plastic  spoons and other cutlery type stuff decorated as people. Some even have masks.

From the interwebz

9B77DBB8-20E5-48D8-99F2-821034F5E2CB.jpeg.e8803537550d436540a8c0bda0506ea7.jpeg

Thanks hadn’t heard about that one. I was worried bout the Teddy her trio, t. Time when they were asking you to only leave hoe when absolutely never mind  I knew. Few Families who were heading ou in Teddy crawls.

1 hour ago, GUT2407 said:

Businesses helping each other is nothing new. Many years ago a distant cousin ran ETA, they had a major fire lost most of their stock, much of their production line and all of their storage, that was on a Saturday night, by Monday morning, he could have been back in full swing, as opposition companies flooded him with offers of storage, materials and even use of production lines.

and many would be shocked at how often a club and ir pub will lend each other alcohol if one runs low, RSL “we have run out of Old” Pub “how many kegs do you need to get through the weekend?”

It helps restore your confidence in mankind.

Was the factory in Mayfield?

I'm in Melbourne metro area.  Today we entered our 8th week in Stage 4 lockdown.  It hasn't been fun! 

I'm just going out twice a week for essential food shopping or to the chemist for medications. We all have to wear masks whenever we are out of our homes.  LOL I walk (weather permitting) each day wearing a mask but that seems to hinder my breathing ... I'm old, OK!  LOL and I stagger more than I walk thanks to old Uncle Arthur.  Can't drive more than 5 Klm from home.  Haven't seen family or friends for weeks.  Thank the Goddess for Facetime!!!  Otherwise I'd be ready for the loony bin. 

I'm reading, I'm sewing, I'm cooking, I'm cleaning the house .... and I'm sick of it!

On the bright side ... my laundry and ironing is all up to date (for a change), my freezer is full of precooked from the ground up with love and using all fresh produce) meals, all my mending of missing buttons on shirts, etc., is done and I can assure you there is no such thing as even a cobweb anywhere in my place. 

We've had one holiday cancelled this year (a land trip, no big deal) but we have a cruise booked for next February/March which I know will be cancelled.  Starting to think I'll be dead before I can cruise again. 

I'm over it!  Let me out of this lockdown!  Oh, to just be able to go to our local pub for a chicken parma.  My homemade version is great but .... I have to prep it, cook it, serve it then do the dishes after!  *sigh*

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, LC1950 said:

I'm in Melbourne metro area.  Today we entered our 8th week in Stage 4 lockdown.  It hasn't been fun! 

I'm just going out twice a week for essential food shopping or to the chemist for medications. We all have to wear masks whenever we are out of our homes.  LOL I walk (weather permitting) each day wearing a mask but that seems to hinder my breathing ... I'm old, OK!  LOL and I stagger more than I walk thanks to old Uncle Arthur.  Can't drive more than 5 Klm from home.  Haven't seen family or friends for weeks.  Thank the Goddess for Facetime!!!  Otherwise I'd be ready for the loony bin. 

I'm reading, I'm sewing, I'm cooking, I'm cleaning the house .... and I'm sick of it!

On the bright side ... my laundry and ironing is all up to date (for a change), my freezer is full of precooked from the ground up with love and using all fresh produce) meals, all my mending of missing buttons on shirts, etc., is done and I can assure you there is no such thing as even a cobweb anywhere in my place. 

We've had one holiday cancelled this year (a land trip, no big deal) but we have a cruise booked for next February/March which I know will be cancelled.  Starting to think I'll be dead before I can cruise again. 

I'm over it!  Let me out of this lockdown!  Oh, to just be able to go to our local pub for a chicken parma.  My homemade version is great but .... I have to prep it, cook it, serve it then do the dishes after!  *sigh*

Bloody tragic, god bless you all down in Vic, hopefully it will end one day. Will your pub do takeaway or delivery a Parmie?

Edited by NSWP

Thanks Uncle Les.  Doubt if the local is doing takeaway ... but even if they did, it wouldn't be the same.  I want to get OUT, I'm a bit sick of eating IN if you know what I mean?  Anyhow, onward and upward, right?  Take care everyone and please, keep safe and healthy!

I just did a survey for Belvoir Theatre in Sydney re on what conditions I'd go back to the theatre.  I was so down by the time I finished, I needed some live music now.  Fortunately, the first rerun of Arts Centre Melbourne Big Night In was on, so all was well in the world.  Thanks to David Campbell and Marina Prior!  Thinking of everyone, in Melbourne, the theatre capital of Australia, who are doing it tough during lockdown.   

• Like 1

I'm in Western Australia, which has closed borders, anyway, a young lady requested special dispensation to enter the state under compassionate grounds. She was granted permission BUT had to undergo 14 days quarantine in a Perth hotel (at her own cost). Long story short, she didn't have the money for a 14 day hotel stay so she hitchhiked a ride across Australia in a truck. When she got to Perth she holed up with her boyfriend, somehow (not sure how) the cops got onto her and she was arrested. Went to court 2 days ago and received a 6 month prison sentence!!

She is currently about to appeal her sentence.

21 minutes ago, GeroWA said:

I'm in Western Australia, which has closed borders, anyway, a young lady requested special dispensation to enter the state under compassionate grounds. She was granted permission BUT had to undergo 14 days quarantine in a Perth hotel (at her own cost). Long story short, she didn't have the money for a 14 day hotel stay so she hitchhiked a ride across Australia in a truck. When she got to Perth she holed up with her boyfriend, somehow (not sure how) the cops got onto her and she was arrested. Went to court 2 days ago and received a 6 month prison sentence!!

She is currently about to appeal her sentence.

I read that story.  I thought six months was too long.  Maybe one month as a warning to others.  

36 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

I read that story.  I thought six months was too long.  Maybe one month as a warning to others.  

Will be reduced on severity appeal to a community service order I reckon. As much as I am one for strong justice, 6 months seems a bit OTT.  I must be mellowing in my old age, lol.👦

Edited by NSWP

19 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

I just did a survey for Belvoir Theatre in Sydney re on what conditions I'd go back to the theatre.  I was so down by the time I finished, I needed some live music now.  Fortunately, the first rerun of Arts Centre Melbourne Big Night In was on, so all was well in the world.  Thanks to David Campbell and Marina Prior!  Thinking of everyone, in Melbourne, the theatre capital of Australia, who are doing it tough during lockdown.   

Sydney Theatre Company is putting on its first performance later next month starring Hugo Weaving.  Max 147 guests and masks are mandatory.  Would go, if it wasnt for the mask restriction.

11 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Sydney Theatre Company is putting on its first performance later next month starring Hugo Weaving.  Max 147 guests and masks are mandatory.  Would go, if it wasnt for the mask restriction.

I didn't like the mask option at Belvoir either. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

No in Marrickville (where the company started) though they did have one in Hamilton, just beside the flour Mill.

I remember visiting a factory I thought was Mayfield. I was one of a group of kids from the YMCA (in King St across the road from the old Cathedral cemetery). We saw chips (crisps) being being made as well as peanut chocolate coating machines in action. Another time went went to the Coca Cola factory in Broadmeadow and also 2HD or 2KO (I forget which) studios above Ells in Hunter St I think. Myself and the rest of the boys were disappointed as John Laws was not in that day.

Edited by lyndarra
typo

1 minute ago, MicCanberra said:

The only fencing gear I still have is the wire cutters.

Gday mic, hoping to get over to SX club at Woden on 12 Sept  for your ACT cruisers meetup, is it a definite goer?

8 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Unfortunately I no longer have my fencing gear otherwise I'd be very tempted given some of the me-me-me morons around.

All I have left are a few pieces as souvenirs. Donated everything else to the club.

I couldn’t wear a mask anymore because of the cervical spine issues, so it goes to good use with the students.

4 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Gday mic, hoping to get over to SX club at Woden on 12 Sept  for your ACT cruisers meetup, is it a definite goer?

yes, at this stage anyway, another Covid outbreak may change things. Check with me here or on Facebook just prior.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

All I have left are a few pieces as souvenirs. Donated everything else to the club.

I couldn’t wear a mask anymore because of the cervical spine issues, so it goes to good use with the students.

I'm not sure what happened to my old gear, I guess I slowly discarded it over the decades. I only fenced for a few years, in my late teens and early 20s. It was a great sport though. However I have a lingering reminder of it with a wonky right knee - all that lunging!

Edited by OzKiwiJJ