How are things where YOU are? (in relation to the Corona Virus)

On 8/21/2020 at 4:45 PM, mr walker said:

On the Russian vaccine, a mate sent me a meme, which I can't really post on here. The photo showed Putin, fishing topless with some extra bits on his chest, with wording saying that  the vaccine has no side effects 🙂

I still have that image in my head after seeing it elsewhere 😂

I still think some people do believe that  the world is flat.. because it is flat in the atlas...Lol

Did read all 25 pages of the letter..... is this where one heads to the bunker and,, says see you in ten years..

It does make one wonder   about the people leading us though all this... and availability of oars....

So for the mean time wash hands, wear a mask.. and do not go further than 5km from home .

Life is some what boring..... time to go shopping online  again....

what can one buy next.... slightly used cruise ship... lol.......   Don.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Their opinion has no effect on whether a program works well or not.

I didn't say it did.

Note the AMA have come out against rolling out this program to any vaccine that may be developed here, given the limited trials and testing it will have had. Unlike other vaccines which have stood the test of time this has had limited abiltiy to test for side effects.

6 hours ago, The_Big_M said:

I didn't say it did.

Note the AMA have come out against rolling out this program to any vaccine that may be developed here, given the limited trials and testing it will have had. Unlike other vaccines which have stood the test of time this has had limited abiltiy to test for side effects.

Agreed, it should be tested properly.

Greater Brisbane is on alert for the corona virus, following a small cluster of ten cases from a Youth Detention Centre at Wacol.  They have listed about 40 places the infected people visited.  They are doing testing to see whether the virus came from the two women who came back illegally from a visit to Melbourne.  All nursing homes and disability homes have been closed to try to keep residents safe. 

2 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Greater Brisbane is on alert for the corona virus, following a small cluster of ten cases from a Youth Detention Centre at Wacol.  They have listed about 40 places the infected people visited.  They are doing testing to see whether the virus came from the two women who came back illegally from a visit to Melbourne.  All nursing homes and disability homes have been closed to try to keep residents safe. 

All happening around Brisvegas.  Hope it does not spread too far.

On another note, Victorian Premier Andrews is looking to extend the state lockdown out to 18 months, on the news, yikes.

Edited by NSWP

2 minutes ago, NSWP said:

All happening around Brisvegas.  Hope it does not spread too far.

On another note, Victorian Premier Andrews is looking to extend the state lockdown out to 18 months, on the news, yikes.

He said the state of emergency NOT the lockdown.

Very different things.  Stage 2 for 12 months is uncomfortable but doable.

As long as we can get more mobility into our lives, it is ok.

Just now, Docker123 said:

Sorry, yes, state of emergency.

17 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

I can't remember.... Stage 2 is that still can't go outside Melbourne ??? Borders closed for another 12 months ???

I was resigned to writing this year off.... but another year.... Not Happy Jan.....

Breathing Deeply......... 

If they don't lift travel restriction with in the state, as well as hotel and restaurants to open...

Tourism / Hospitality  as such will be all closed and gone.....

Grim times    Don

30 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

I can't remember.... Stage 2 is that still can't go outside Melbourne ??? Borders closed for another 12 months ???

I was resigned to writing this year off.... but another year.... Not Happy Jan.....

Breathing Deeply......... 

If they don't lift travel restriction with in the state, as well as hotel and restaurants to open...

Tourism / Hospitality  as such will be all closed and gone.....

Grim times    Don

Victoria has never closed its borders.

It’s all those other evil states.

If we can get back to that stage of restrictions where in-state travel was permitted, pubs and cafes opened (even with limited numbers), etc., we can manage. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

Victoria has never closed its borders.

It’s all those other evil states.

If we can get back to that stage of restrictions where in-state travel was permitted, pubs and cafes opened (even with limited numbers), etc., we can manage. 

Thanks Docker123 ..I realized that we had not closed our borders.... but I don't think we are overly welcome in other states....

I agreed  .. if one can travel within the state along with pubs and cafes being open... that would be alot better than it is now....... ( what is a country road ???    lol )

Cheers Don

14 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

Thanks Docker123 ..I realized that we had not closed our borders.... but I don't think we are overly welcome in other states....

I agreed  .. if one can travel within the state along with pubs and cafes being open... that would be alot better than it is now....... ( what is a country road ???    lol )

Cheers Don

I understand.  I hated it when we couldn't travel more than 50 klm in Old.  I loved the older lady from Logan, south of Brisbane, who just drove to the Coast on 50 klm and stopped.  She must

have lived in the south of Logan, as they didn't want crowds from Logan and Brisbane driving down to the Coast.  Now they have learnt from Melbourne that the danger is large family gatherings at home, so have reduced numbers of gatherings at homes and parks to 10, with this current outbreak.  No other restrictions for public at present. 

1 hour ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

I heard a report that the last big pandemic , TheSpanish Flu 1918 , that was brought back from the war  , took 2 years to clear.

I believe 50 million people died worldwide from the Spanish Flu pandemic.  Horrendous.

Jacinda has extended the Level 3 lockdown in Auckland for an extra 4 days until Sunday 30 August. We then move down to level 2.5 along with the rest of NZ .Means the ring around Auckland will be lifted and we can travel nationally again . At level 2.5 they have also made the wearing of masks on public transport mandatory .That could be fun trying to enforce .I can see lots of agro developing from that move .😷😷😷😷😷

1 hour ago, getting older slowly said:

Cheers Don

The problem is that this virus is sneaky and pops up where it's least expected. The current outbreaks in NZ and Brisbane show that, as does the way it has spread around Sydney although I think most of the Sydney cases have been traced.

So I'm not sure travel is a good idea. It's frustrating and annoying though.

8 minutes ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

Jacinda has extended the Level 3 lockdown in Auckland for an extra 4 days until Sunday 30 August. We then move down to level 2.5 along with the rest of NZ .Means the ring around Auckland will be lifted and we can travel nationally again . At level 2.5 they have also made the wearing of masks on public transport mandatory .That could be fun trying to enforce .I can see lots of agro developing from that move .😷😷😷😷😷

I was surprised to hear an interview from Sweden, where they had less restrictions than most countries, that they had always to wear masks on public transport.  Common sense really.  Hard to keep 1.5 meters apart on public transport.

24 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

I seem to have missed Spanish Flu pandemic history.  Was it taught at school?  

No it wasn't in Victoria anyway. I knew about the Spanish flu because my great aunt died from it and when I started researching my family history I did some research about this pandemic. 

Leigh

38 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

I seem to have missed Spanish Flu pandemic history.  Was it taught at school?  

5 minutes ago, possum52 said:

No it wasn't in Victoria anyway. I knew about the Spanish flu because my great aunt died from it and when I started researching my family history I did some research about this pandemic. 

Not here in NSW either. I studied history for Year 10 certificate in early 70's , and my memory was that it was mostly about kings & queens of England & WW1. I think in primary school we learned some Australian history, especially about the early explorers.

Luckily I have learned a lot more since I left school thru my own efforts & interest.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, mr walker said:

Not here in NSW either. I studied history for Year 10 certificate in early 70's , and my memory was that it was mostly about kings & queens of England & WW1. I think in primary school we learned some Australian history, especially about the early explorers.

Luckily I have learned a lot more since I left school thru my own efforts & interest.

The worst disease I can remember locally was polio.