How are things where YOU are? (in relation to the Corona Virus)

3 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Thanks for posting the link. I gave up at page 6.

Sorry, I should have said how long it was. Most comments I have read elsewhere think the same as I do. Evidently the solicitor is an anti-vaxer and anti various other things too. 

Leigh

4 minutes ago, possum52 said:

Sorry, I should have said how long it was. Most comments I have read elsewhere think the same as I do. Evidently the solicitor is an anti-vaxer and anti various other things too. 

Leigh

I don't mind that you didn't mention how long the letter is. It is up to me, and others, whether I want to read it. We have the choice, but the staff in the various offices that the letter was addressed to, don't. Even if they don't respond with more than a basic reply, they would have to read it carefully.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Anti anything that stops him/her doing what s/he want when s/he wants. In other words it's all about me!me!me!

I call it “The age of me” seems most people don’t care about anyone else but themselves (how many times have I read here on CC, ‘it’s my vacation I’ll ....’) but then I remind myself of all the good people. One thing using a wheelchair has done is remind me that there are more good people than the other type, 

The writers of a letter like that, and the people they represent, are the very people that I sincerely hope get a deadly case of the virus. Freedom is one thing, but not the freedom to endanger the whole population, the line has to be drawn.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, possum52 said:

I just across this letter from a solicitor from a law firm in Melbourne - representing Australians supposedly to the PM and state and territory leaders. 

Solicitor Letter

I will be interested in what others have to say. I must admit, I rolled my eyes and laughed out loud while reading it. 

Leigh

That's the other side of what our pollies have to deal with.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, possum52 said:

I just across this letter from a solicitor from a law firm in Melbourne - representing Australians supposedly to the PM and state and territory leaders. 

Solicitor Letter

I will be interested in what others have to say. I must admit, I rolled my eyes and laughed out loud while reading it. 

Leigh

I got all the way to page 2, of course if it was some w anchor lawyer righting to to the Prime Minister of Canada and all the Premiers I may try to get at least half way through. Anti vaxers🥺

• Haha 1

I wonder what those anti-vaxers would do if the government said "no vaccine, no Medicare" ie if they don't get vaccinated they don't get any free or part-subsidised medical care. If they get really sick with Covid-19  they better hope they can afford to pay for the hospital care they would need.

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I wonder what those anti-vaxers would do if the government said "no vaccine, no Medicare" ie if they don't get vaccinated they don't get any free or part-subsidised medical care. If they get really sick with Covid-19  they better hope they can afford to pay for the hospital care they would need.

I can see them taking it to court on human rights abuse. Too be honest I think it is a short sighted measure and will end up being more costly to the government trying to chase these people for payment. As they say the sooner you get treatment the cheaper the cost, and if you take away medicare they will only seek treatment when their illness is far advanced that it will end up costing the country more. The reality is you can't really get rid of anti vaxers, they are religious in their views and they aren't going to start complying just because the government implements some restrictions. I think the only thing you can do is isolate them from vulnerable population and where they can potentially do harm. I have heard of airlines wanting a policy of no vaccine no fly, which I would agree with more than taking away medicare.

16 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

I can see them taking it to court on human rights abuse. Too be honest I think it is a short sighted measure and will end up being more costly to the government trying to chase these people for payment. As they say the sooner you get treatment the cheaper the cost, and if you take away medicare they will only seek treatment when their illness is far advanced that it will end up costing the country more. The reality is you can't really get rid of anti vaxers, they are religious in their views and they aren't going to start complying just because the government implements some restrictions. I think the only thing you can do is isolate them from vulnerable population and where they can potentially do harm. I have heard of airlines wanting a policy of no vaccine no fly, which I would agree with more than taking away medicare.

You're probably right *sigh*.

But my evil brain says since they believe "it's only a flu" I'd like to see how some of them would cope with that "flu" without medical aid. I know, I'm mean!🤣🤣🤣

11 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

You're probably right *sigh*.

But my evil brain says since they believe "it's only a flu" I'd like to see how some of them would cope with that "flu" without medical aid. I know, I'm mean!🤣🤣🤣

If they are anything like the President of Brazil, they will just dig into their denial. Even being temporarily paralyzed by COVID 19 couldn't make him admit how serious the disease is. So perhaps they will do us the favour pop their hydroxychloroquine pills and stay away from medical treatments for fear someone will break their delusion😆

2 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

They already have that for some programs and payments, 'no jab = no pay' and 'no school, no pool' are programs that are already in place.

One of my main concerns with the vaccines is the speed of development. Really worry that it does not allow time for the development of side effects or negative interactions. So far the Oxford one has only been  healthy 18-55 y/os. Many of us are out of range, both age and pre-existing conditions.

But Oxford is doing it a little better than the Russian vaccine. They decided that they didn’t even need to do stage 3 trials. After all, one of Putin’s kids took it, and she felt fine.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-08-12/russia-coronavirus-vaccine-sputnik-v-concerns-approval-speed/12549068

On the Russian vaccine, a mate sent me a meme, which I can't really post on here. The photo showed Putin, fishing topless with some extra bits on his chest, with wording saying that  the vaccine has no side effects 🙂

5 minutes ago, mr walker said:

On the Russian vaccine, a mate sent me a meme, which I can't really post on here. The photo showed Putin, fishing topless with some extra bits on his chest, with wording saying that  the vaccine has no side effects 🙂

It is the vodka and caviar that does that to a man's chest the vaccine is fine.  Super foods maketh the man.

Edited by NSWP

13 minutes ago, mr walker said:

I did see that image. I did laugh.

You are wise not to post it on here.

36 minutes ago, mr walker said:

Well that is silly. Putin will never take an untested vaccine😂 why do you think he used his daughter as the Guinea pig 😜

9 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Oh, they've already thought of that...

"11. Immediate removal of the influenza vaccination mandates from all States and Territories’ directives implemented with clear communication to all Residential Aged Care Facilities and other employers that policies must not be set that require influenza vaccination. These policies must be restricted to recommendations."

"18. All proposed COVID-19 vaccination mandates must be revoked and there must not be any condition precedents attached to the option of receiving a COVID-19 vaccination (including the denial of any benefits)."

7 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

They already have that for some programs and payments, 'no jab = no pay' and 'no school, no pool' are programs that are already in place.

And the lawyer behind this was also in the party that opposed that measure at the time...