I am going through cruise withdrawal..anyone else?

sandycruzr

2 hours ago, Von & John said:

@Georgia_Peaches

Just for you...

Can't help w/ the Mani/Pedi...

But here you go for the Hair...

Home-Style Hair Coloring...

Image preview

@Georgia_Peaches

Not sure what happened to the pic...

Will try again 😀

Just for you...

Can't help w/ the Mani/Pedi...

But here you go for the Hair...

Home-Style Hair Coloring...

image.png.d94e6ecd41f0904eaffe691828fd57f1.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

I understand as I Am beginning to look like a wolf-man! LOL

bon voyage

Here you go, Bo!

Unless you just want to go straight to to a HeadBlade...

• Haha 1

On 4/6/2020 at 7:39 PM, Pinboy said:

bay,

I totally understand the frustration you have with my post .

It's really too bad that I can't reach out to you personally and express how sorry I am for what you and your family are going through. Let's hope everything gets better soon for everybody.

Regarding my post--- It was the term " Withdrawal " that I found excessive in relation to cruise vacations at this time

We all love to cruise and " dreaming " is great .

Pinboy,

I apologize for the delay in response. I typed a response last night, but somehow after hitting submit, my post fell into an abyss. Thank you for understanding. In communicating with anyone, I try to always be kind, and so if my post was offensive to you in any way, I beg forgiveness. In everyday life when I encounter anyone who may not seem to be happy for whatever reason, I try to imagine what may have happened to her/him that day unbeknownst to me. I guess it’s a way to walk in someone else’s shoes for just a minute. Then I am kind as I can be because there is no way of knowing what that person’s day might have been like. I say that only as an example to let you know perhaps that I would never purposely offend anyone. Anyway, I was taking the “withdrawal” as a means of saying that we are all in the same “boat”, (or all on the same ship)—sort of a positive attitude and a way to lift each other up in these times. Maybe it is way to share something we all have in common—a love for cruising. I do have a love for cruising; however, I’m not certain that I will go back right away. I do intend to cruise again. I have met some wonderful people on cruise critic, some of whom I have cruises with more than once. Until my next one, I will be reminiscing about past ones and dreaming. Stay safe and healthy Pinboy. The same goes for all of you. Whatever your future cruising plans, bon voyage.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Yep.  I was supposed to have my pre-cruise hair appointment on Monday for our up coming (now cancelled) cruise this Saturday.  No cruise of course but I am DESPERATE for a hair appointment.  Soon I will need a full head covering...not just a mask 🙃...and don't even get me started on the state of my mani/pedi...yikes.

I got lucky this week. My hairdresser delivered my color at my front door yesterday. I left the money under the mat. I had to do it myself, but better that than box color from the local drugstore that she would have had to correct later. She was probably doing herself a favor too. Lol. Anyway, not too bad a job for an amateur. I love my hairdresser. Now if I could just figure out how to cut it like she does. Nope! Wouldn’t dare do that, but happy to have my color.

22 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

I agree. Just because people are looking forward to something and/or remembering fabulous experiences does NOT mean they don't care about what is going on.

Similarly, there is a middle ground between blind optimism and utter destruction gloom and doom. People on both sides fail to see that.

Everyone copes with stresses differently, and just because how someone else does is not how you do does not make them wrong. That said, I have used the "silence" or "mute" mode for a few people on Facebook and Twitter because they were constantly over the top negative's whining and while I get that's how they deal, it does bring me down when I'm trying to stay as positive as I can (especially when I have a sister who is an officer on another cruise line and all crew and officers on board it (no guests are aboard) have been quarantined to individual cabins because 38 have tested positive).  This may be a time to use the ignore feature on here if someone's posts are constantly upsetting you to the point you cannot deal. Again, it doesn't mean you don't care...it just means you have to take care of yourself mentally, physically, and emotionally.

I will definitely say prayers for your sister and the entire crew as they deal with the uncertainty of their situation. Being one who is willing to always find out what motivates people I don’t get annoyed easily. And you are right, everyone deals with stresses differently. Pinboy did respond to me very kindly after my post. I replied. I wish your family the best in dealing with your sister’s quarantine aboard the ship. May she be well, and may the crew overcome the adversity. God bless them. Be well. Happy cruising in the future.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bays said:

I will definitely say prayers for your sister and the entire crew as they deal with the uncertainty of their situation. Being one who is willing to always find out what motivates people I don’t get annoyed easily. And you are right, everyone deals with stresses differently. Pinboy did respond to me very kindly after my post. I replied. I wish your family the best in dealing with your sister’s quarantine aboard the ship. May she be well, and may the crew overcome the adversity. God bless them. Be well. Happy cruising in the future.

Thank you!! Luckily, so far, her biggest nemesis is a seagull that keeps hanging out on her veranda rail. Lol. Praying it stays that way!

• Thanks 1

I was supposed to be on Azamara,  stopping over on Bermuda to get married to the love of my life.

We shall have our special day another time. I am very grateful that we are healthy, safe and secure in our home. 

We shall all cruise again at some time and looking forward to that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Yep.  I was supposed to have my pre-cruise hair appointment on Monday for our up coming (now cancelled) cruise this Saturday.  No cruise of course but I am DESPERATE for a hair appointment.  Soon I will need a full head covering...not just a mask 🙃...and don't even get me started on the state of my mani/pedi...yikes.

My DW ordered from Amazon some hair coloring "for the roots" several weeks ago when the lockdown here in PA just started.  Good anticipation then but now out of stock.  And I have been trying to order some type of haircut trimmer but all out of stock.  I guess I will go back and be a silver haired hippie.  Maybe I need to start listening again to Grace Slick and Jefferson Airplane.  Oh no- sorry.  I won't go back to that topic!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

My DW ordered from Amazon some hair coloring "for the roots" several weeks ago when the lockdown here in PA just started.  Good anticipation then but now out of stock.  And I have been trying to order some type of haircut trimmer but all out of stock.  I guess I will go back and be a silver haired hippie.  Maybe I need to start listening again to Grace Slick and Jefferson Airplane.  Oh no- sorry.  I won't go back to that topic!

t - nothing that a good scotch or bourbon cannot get us through! LOL

bon voyage

10 hours ago, bays said:

Pinboy,

I apologize for the delay in response. I typed a response last night, but somehow after hitting submit, my post fell into an abyss. Thank you for understanding. In communicating with anyone, I try to always be kind, and so if my post was offensive to you in any way, I beg forgiveness. In everyday life when I encounter anyone who may not seem to be happy for whatever reason, I try to imagine what may have happened to her/him that day unbeknownst to me. I guess it’s a way to walk in someone else’s shoes for just a minute. Then I am kind as I can be because there is no way of knowing what that person’s day might have been like. I say that only as an example to let you know perhaps that I would never purposely offend anyone. Anyway, I was taking the “withdrawal” as a means of saying that we are all in the same “boat”, (or all on the same ship)—sort of a positive attitude and a way to lift each other up in these times. Maybe it is way to share something we all have in common—a love for cruising. I do have a love for cruising; however, I’m not certain that I will go back right away. I do intend to cruise again. I have met some wonderful people on cruise critic, some of whom I have cruises with more than once. Until my next one, I will be reminiscing about past ones and dreaming. Stay safe and healthy Pinboy. The same goes for all of you. Whatever your future cruising plans, bon voyage.

Wow-- What a beautiful, heartfelt response. 

I truly hope that things get better for you and your family.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bo1953 said:

bon voyage

Oh Dear Bo- you are teasing!  You know I cannot get either scotch or bourbon here in PA.  Yes I know you offered to help!  The good news is that I found a full 1 L bottle (JB Black- but good enough) that I took home from a previous cruise.  You know the larger size you can only get on a cruise ship. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ella. said:

I was supposed to be on Azamara,  stopping over on Bermuda to get married to the love of my life.

We shall have our special day another time. I am very grateful that we are healthy, safe and secure in our home. 

We shall all cruise again at some time and looking forward to that.

Being together and healthy is all that matters. Bermuda is the perfect destination spot for any special occasion. We have celebrated anniversaries and birthdays there going back well over 25 years. Absolutely re-book, for any reason or no reason. Several tours to take: a jitney tour of the whole island and Famous Homes and Hideaways (water tour). Also take the local ferries and the buses. Most of all enjoy the moments.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We are feeling the same withdrawal symptoms here in Georgia. I can’t wait to see that beautiful blue water soon! I’m doing my part during this downtime though by buying cruise stocks 🛳🍹👍🏼

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

bon voyage

Indeed Bo but I prefer what you would call "Canadian" whiskey...Crown Royal or for a real treat Ron Zacapa rum, nectar of the gods.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Indeed Bo but I prefer what you would call "Canadian" whiskey...Crown Royal or for a real treat Ron Zacapa rum, nectar of the gods.

I can do that too....

I Am an equal opportunity taster of alcohol!

Cheers and bon voyage

This thread was going along just fine & I was enjoying reading them until Pinboy had to make snarky remarks which were not necessary .  No one said that we aren’t affected by this virus & realize the hardships it has caused . Just be nice!

Of course we all feel for the less fortunate people who are truly suffering during this disaster.  That does not mean most of us here are not feeling the pangs of Cruise Withdrawal.  Since this thread is dedicated to how we feel about those wonderful sensations that happen when we walk up the gangway and our current need to escape.  Let’s face it...we are a bunch of cruise crazed sybarites who are longing to get back to cruising as we knew it.  Sure there are going to be roadblocks and some pains along the way to recovery...but we will get there.  

If you want to talk about cruise withdrawal then let me tell you about real cruise withdrawal.  A heart attack, a stent, blood thinners, internal bleeding, colon cancer, 9”of colon removed, oncology follow up testing, genetic kidney failure,  2 years of dialysis and 6 times in the OR for fistula access and heart catheter.  Now I’m waiting for a kidney transplant which is being held up due to Corona Virus Pandemic.  All this in three years and no cruising allowed for two of those years.  Ha ha ha ha!!  Hell...when life hands you lemons you make lemonade and some of us make lemon merengue pie!!  Cruise withdrawal...I’ll say I’ve got cruise withdrawal but I’m here to tell all of you...I’m already planning my return to cruising!!  It will be the biggest most hellacious party ever attempted onboard a ship and all of you are invited!!!  I’ll keep you posted!  😋

Thank you for allowing me to vent.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, TeeRick said:

Luckily, I have discovered a  $4.99 Revlon do it yourself haircolor kit at the grocers

It came out great.  No more  need for $75 trips to the salon for the same thing anymore!

Dh is getting a bit of hippie hair..won,t let me try to buzz it off a bit.,Eek!

13 hours ago, TeeRick said:

Oh Dear Bo- you are teasing!  You know I cannot get either scotch or bourbon here in PA.  Yes I know you offered to help!  The good news is that I found a full 1 L bottle (JB Black- but good enough) that I took home from a previous cruise.  You know the larger size you can only get on a cruise ship. 

I guess I will add to it. Our once every other week grocery trip for us and my parents is tomorrow and the grocery store we are going to has a 10% off all alcohol sale, nicely advertised on TV for us tonight. We needed some mixers and gin, we might need something else now lol. Gotta love WI lol

As for cruise withdrawal not yet. We were lucky that our Super bowl weekend cruise wasn't interrupted and had a great time including the after cruise excursion in the everglades to waste some time since we had a late flight. We didn't have any other cruises booked this year thankfully. Now I just have the 2021 pre cruise jitters hoping it will happen:) The Apex forward facing oceanview is a room we are really looking forward to:)

3 hours ago, CGTNORMANDIE said:

Of course we all feel for the less fortunate people who are truly suffering during this disaster.  That does not mean most of us here are not feeling the pangs of Cruise Withdrawal.  Since this thread is dedicated to how we feel about those wonderful sensations that happen when we walk up the gangway and our current need to escape.  Let’s face it...we are a bunch of cruise crazed sybarites who are longing to get back to cruising as we knew it.  Sure there are going to be roadblocks and some pains along the way to recovery...but we will get there.  

If you want to talk about cruise withdrawal then let me tell you about real cruise withdrawal.  A heart attack, a stent, blood thinners, internal bleeding, colon cancer, 9”of colon removed, oncology follow up testing, genetic kidney failure,  2 years of dialysis and 6 times in the OR for fistula access and heart catheter.  Now I’m waiting for a kidney transplant which is being held up due to Corona Virus Pandemic.  All this in three years and no cruising allowed for two of those years.  Ha ha ha ha!!  Hell...when life hands you lemons you make lemonade and some of us make lemon merengue pie!!  Cruise withdrawal...I’ll say I’ve got cruise withdrawal but I’m here to tell all of you...I’m already planning my return to cruising!!  It will be the biggest most hellacious party ever attempted onboard a ship and all of you are invited!!!  I’ll keep you posted!  😋

Thank you for allowing me to vent.

@CGTNORMANDIE

Our hearts go out to you for everything you have already been through.

Wishing you a speedy & successful transplant!

May your cruise celebration be the best one ever!!!

Cheers  --  Von & John

• Like 2

10 hours ago, hcat said:

Luckily, I have discovered a  $4.99 Revlon do it yourself haircolor kit at the grocers

It came out great.  No more  need for $75 trips to the salon for the same thing anymore!

Dh is getting a bit of hippie hair..won,t let me try to buzz it off a bit.,Eek!

Nice to be able to save $70 plus tip every time you need your hair done.  So there will be at least one positive outcome for you in the post COVID world!  I am hoping my dw uses the same logic!  On the other hand it usually costs me about $80 every 6 weeks to get Lena Loo Loo's  hair done.  She is our little Wheaten Terrier (displayed on my every post).  Wheaten's have hair not fur.  Nothing but the best for our baby girl.  But her hair is definitely getting rather long and matted right now.

• Like 1