I guess we continue to wait!

cruising deacon

Carnival has pushed back its BIG ANNOUNCEMENT from yesterday (3/27/20) until Monday (3/30/2020) if even then.

I guess they wanted to keep us in the dark a little longer regarding the future of cruising and if Alaska cruises will ever happen again.

My guess is, THE LONGER WE WAIT, THE BIGGER THE ANNOUNCEMENT.  (NOT GOOD)

I figure HOW CARNIVAL GOES,   so goes PRINCESS.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, voljeep said:

hopefully it won't be a April 1st (Fool's Day) type of prank … 

7/1 earliest day to resume operations - my bestest guess

I'm thinking alone the same lines. However, for those ships going over the Europe, they will have to be allowed into ports over there.

What do you think?

I was disappointed to see the announcement postponed because I figured the same as Cruising deacon, Princess following suit with whatever Carnival does. I keep thinking they are just trying to finalize plans, but the suspense is killing me. 

• Like 1

It’s crazy but it’s about money. They were waiting Usa gov’t possibly money  and then move to next plan. I expect they will cancel Alaska through 7/1 and probably postpone restarting another month from the 60days they already have. 

Since they aren't getting any money it sure has my curiosity up. CCL will be the lead as to what Princess will do. Government's final decision is signed so it will be interesting to see what all the lines do. I sure hope no one looses their money. I wonder if the 70yr old and medical conditions subject will be addressed. 

No one can predict when the pandemic is going to end.  That prediction is up to COVID19 and (s)he is not talking!  So we are in a waiting game until all this plays out.  Ships are not going to sail, planes are not going to fly and people are not going to be able to leave their homes (in many cases) until the pandemic relents.  Cruise lines have put a mark in the sand to return to cruising but that mark is arbitrary.  They now should be nervous about announcing a new mark since it too may not be real.  We all now must stand by and hope for the best.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, dog said:

I'm thinking alone the same lines. However, for those ships going over the Europe, they will have to be allowed into ports over there.

What do you think?

We were booked on the March 26th TransAtlantic (Repositioning cruise) for the Crown to start her Mediterranean season. Of course, it was canceled. With both Italy and Spain still showing huge numbers of C-19 cases and deaths, as well as most of Europe and the UK, I think the European season is kaputz.

• Like 1

I’m trying to face facts. This virus arose in Wuhan, China in November 2019.  It’s only been four months since then, and the entire world is almost in lockdown. I hope cruising survives this, but it may take a very long time. This would be my second sea day on a Crown Princess cruise from Ft. Lauderdale to Rome, and only three weeks ago, while I had some concerns, I thought everything would be O.K. for our cruise. I was so wrong. 

• Like 2

It spread worldwide so fast. I don't think it will be completely gone that fast because there is so much international travel. For me, feeling secure regarding a virus free ship is a long way off. I also don't feel good about the age and health requirements that I think they will try to establish (which I think would do them in) so I would hesitate making a final payment. In the meantime,  with all this extra free time, I've been exploring other travel opportunities to pass the time. I love sailing but I'm not sure it's in my future.  So, I "continue to wait!"

• Like 1

6 hours ago, xDisconnections said:

I don’t think you understand how long of a wait you may see for a refund. Some cruise lines are quoting up to 90 days.

It won’t be available immediately.

At least we know it will be coming, and we are in for 10k also.

3 hours ago, Mackenzie1 said:

I’m trying to face facts. This virus arose in Wuhan, China in November 2019.  It’s only been four months since then, and the entire world is almost in lockdown. I hope cruising survives this, but it may take a very long time. This would be my second sea day on a Crown Princess cruise from Ft. Lauderdale to Rome, and only three weeks ago, while I had some concerns, I thought everything would be O.K. for our cruise. I was so wrong. 

You are right in your thinking. As much as many of us want to cruise soon, it is going to be several months at least for the good times to return to cruising. 

20 hours ago, cruising deacon said:

I figure HOW CARNIVAL GOES,   so goes PRINCESS.

The Carnival announcement is from Carnival Cruise Line, not Carnival Corporation.  When Princess suspended sailings for 60 days, Carnival Cruise Line took no action until the cruise industry voluntarily suspended cruises for 30 days.  I don't think Carnival Cruise Line and Princess are as tied at the hip as one might think.

• Like 4

Your last statement is totally true.  The cruise lines under the Carnival Corp. do not operate in the same manner, each one has their own way of operating.  Princess went 60 immediately, now other lines are having to extend because they went 30 days.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We have not received our refund for our canceled 5/3 Alaska cruise nor the FCC we were promised. Not real thrilled to get FCC with the current restrictions on guests over 70 or with chronic conditions outlined by CDC. Understand the reason behind them but DH is a long time diabetic who is fine. Since we have 4 more cruises booked really concerned. 
once announcement comes out will someone post it please?

13 hours ago, Ralph1212 said:

I just want my 6k back from my 6/3 Alaska cruise. What are my chances?

Ralph1212, I assume you have already cancelled your cruise since your final payment date would be April 3rd? If so, can you please update how long it takes for you to receive your refund. Many are trying to figure out how long it is taking to get the money back. 

15 hours ago, Mackenzie1 said:

12 hours ago, Sunwanabe said:

You are right in your thinking. As much as many of us want to cruise soon, it is going to be several months at least for the good times to return to cruising. 

Seriously I don’t think cruising will be safe for anybody until there is a vaccine and in use globally.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, voljeep said:

hopefully it won't be a April 1st (Fool's Day) type of prank … 

7/1 earliest day to resume operations - my bestest guess

if I recall correctly, Celebrity announced July 1 for the first Alaska cruises.  

• Thanks 1

I thought I read that Alaskan and European ports were closed until July, Mexico is stopping personal travel at borders to keep those going from USA to Mexico ...... so yeah. No cruises until July. I personally would cancel a cruise before then

Here's my question: if I cancel a cruise, does AON wait to see if Princess cancels or do they process? I have Princess Platinum Insurance but paid for cruise with gift cards & I don't want any more FCC than I'm already slated to get. Getting FCC & Gift Card refund is the same to me

• Like 1

19 hours ago, satxdiver said:

No one can predict when the pandemic is going to end.  That prediction is up to COVID19 and (s)he is not talking!  So we are in a waiting game until all this plays out.  Ships are not going to sail, planes are not going to fly and people are not going to be able to leave their homes (in many cases) until the pandemic relents.  Cruise lines have put a mark in the sand to return to cruising but that mark is arbitrary.  They now should be nervous about announcing a new mark since it too may not be real.  We all now must stand by and hope for the best.  

I thought so a few weeks ago. I read the news just which said that China no longer has pandemic. I guess in a few weeks the US and Europe will recover and everything will be alright. As far as Princess go, they will certainly refund all their passengers, but I would rather get better deals from them. Hope they will come up with a better offer for returning passengers