Serious Question: Cruisers will you continue?

maynovmom

Even if asteroids hit the Earth, cruising will not stop. Like any other business it will operate as long as there is a place to operate and the people who like the services that you provide. I am sure such occasions happend before and nothing tremendously terrible happend. Its life and everything can happen. The only thing that I can wish everyone is not to give up and believe in your dreams and perusing them 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Ellaleah said:

It will not be safe to board a cruise ship until there is a vaccine!

You do realize that vaccines are at best 50% effective, and vaccines will be unproven.  The point is that there are no guarantees 

• Like 1

On 4/1/2020 at 6:41 PM, LuckyTheRooster said:

Easy Answer: Yes

I'm already booked for May 16th

45 days is a long time - things will be different - I'm counting on it💗

Us too! May 16 out of Galveston. I hope it goes!

1 hour ago, shipbound2 said:

Sure I will continuing cruising. You can't live in a bubble, are you going to stop driving because  more people die on the roads then probably from this pandemic  

I can’t just ignore your post without comment.

Yes, car accidents happen & take more lives per year than this virus so far.  As so eloquently as someone else posted a mere 4 weeks ago on this board “it’s just the flu”.  No argument there.  

Maybe think for a minute how often that car wreck asymptotically caused future car wrecks resulting in death.  Maybe the person I allow to remain anonymous who said “it’s just the flu” before everything shut down now should know that people way more in control (if not more knowledgeable) than you or me say wait awhile before you resume normal life.....

I like cruising too.  I also HAVE to go to work as an essential worker in a stay-at-home state for 2+ weeks now.  Keep thinking positive but as I warned over a month ago don’t try to influence others into situations you can’t assume for them.  Caution is sooo much better at this apex moment.  I’ll cruise again eventually, but not until I feel safe that the moment I get off that ship, every person I love or work with will not inherit something from me that may not even give me the sniffles.

Edit:

By the way, as I was finishing my thoughts I got a text from my wife about her best friend in Chicago.  Just found out she does have Coronavirus.  Tested on Friday.  Doctor thought she had it & sent her home.  Doctor called Sunday & said no just an upper respiratory infection.  Now called back & she’s  confirmed.  She works from home, rarely goes out & gets Door Dash food delivery.

Edited by TooManyWakeUpsTilWeSail
  • Like 4

Yes of course I will. Diseases will continue. As will car accidents, and heart attacks and cancer and etc. Once again seasonal flu (despite vaccines, etc) kills up to 80,000 Americans per year. Corona is currently at 10,000. Do you worry about the flu on your cruises?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, missholly24 said:

Yes of course I will. Diseases will continue. As will car accidents, and heart attacks and cancer and etc. Once again seasonal flu (despite vaccines, etc) kills up to 80,000 Americans per year. Corona is currently at 10,000. Do you worry about the flu on your cruises?

No!!!!

• Like 1

On 4/1/2020 at 10:54 PM, skiorcruise said:

European cruise on the Legend was just canceled for September.  I hope to rebook for summer of 2021.

We were booked on the same cruise...so disappointing. Definitely hope they have a nearly identical itinerary for 2022, as that one was perfect. All I know is eventually we will indeed enjoy cruising once again.

I am planning to cruise again - rebooked my cancelled cruise for next year.  I don't know if I will cruise this year, though.  It will really depend on whether this virus gets under control.  We shall see...

8 hours ago, Roger88 said:

Even if asteroids hit the Earth, cruising will not stop. Like any other business it will operate as long as there is a place to operate and the people who like the services that you provide. I am sure such occasions happend before and nothing tremendously terrible happend. Its life and everything can happen. The only thing that I can wish everyone is not to give up and believe in your dreams and perusing them 

🤣 A cruise ship should be the safest place if that were to happen

To answer op question, yes, i'll sail again. It will be a while though since the CDC put in new restrictions on the cruise industry being responsible for getting people home (or something like that, I saw it on youtube so I haven't verified it personally)

Edited by Farts

So, I will absolutely be cruising again. My wife and I me 40, wife 37 are scheduled for the Glory September 6th 2020....I am hoping that we will be able to cruise. We are scheduled for Nassau, Freeport and Key West... I am thinking they may cancel key West and give us an overnight in Nassau....  

If September is Cancelled looks like we will try an All-Inclusive for the 1st time....

ABSOLUTELY!  We love cruising and will never stop unless there are no cruises to take. You only live once. What could happen that's worse than sitting at home for 18 days straight now?  I would just about give anything to have a Muster Drill right now! 😀

Yes I would, have the Mardi Gras booked for Feb 2021 provided it doesn't get pushed back again, if so I will rebook her for later in the year 2021. Now I would feel even better if there were a vaccine by then, but in the end I will sail. Lord willing!!!

usually cruise 5-6 times a year. Will definitely be cruising again but will hold off until November. Usually take three over the summer but might take one in August and see how that works. Already have three booked for November and December. 

On 4/6/2020 at 8:19 AM, jimbo5544 said:

You do realize that vaccines are at best 50% effective, and vaccines will be unproven.  The point is that there are no guarantees 

Hopefully, they will give us a vaccine on the same lasting level and effectiveness as the small pox vaccine, the MMR vaccine, polio vaccine, etc. If this virus does not mutate, like the regular influenza, this could be possible. And then, there is the possibility of “herd immunity”, much like there is from the measles, if you were born before a certain date, and were exposed to this as a child. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TooManyWakeUpsTilWeSail said:

I’d love to know what is considered off topic to this this thread & what is acceptable.  

Discussion started by OP is will you cruise again when this pandemic is over and cruising resumes. I've let it stray a bit into a flu vs. CoVId 19 debate, medical stats.

But keeping it on topic from now forward. Will you cruise again in the future....

Edited by Host Carolyn
  • Like 1

I have mixed feelings.

I live in an area that has been under “Safer At Home” orders for two weeks, and people are still out and about doing all sorts of stuff.  (I am NOT talking about the essential workers and the essential outings.).  The overall belief is “you can’t tell me what to do.”  These are the same type of people who would get on their cruise when they are sick, not stay in their cabin if they were ill, and spread illnesses all over a ship.

I think the cruise ships can do everything in their power to keep the ship clean, but it’s the travelers that are the problem.

• Like 2

We'll cruise again but it may be a while. Our September cruise on the Legend was canceled last week. We don't want to be stuck on a ship to no where. I'll try some land vacations for the next two years and see how that goes.

Edited by tmackel
  • Like 2