Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

16 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Laura has an MBA in Finance, I met her in grad school. Still no idea why she left VA and came to Mizzou for grad school. 

I think she knew she would score a hot undergrad.😉

What happened to her first husband 😉 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I loved Bill Hayey music when I was young.

Had a Frank Zappa experience when I heard my first rock and roll in 1954 went to the movie Blackboard Jungle.  Zappa claimed that Rock Around the Clock got him started in music.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Thanks, it never ends

My thoughts to you both. 

7 hours ago, DirtyDawg said:

Where it you endure Canada's winter last year,  Iqaliut? 🥶

For some citizens of BC, they might consider it to be comparable.😉

3 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Today is a great day. Our baby, youngest DD, earned her Master’s Degree in Business Admin (accounting) last May but didn’t get to have a graduation.  Today was 2021 commencement & 2020 grads were invited to participate.  It was staggered appointment times and they were only allowed 2 guests.  Tonight we’re taking her along with middle DD, SIL and 2 little granddaughters to Flemings to celebrate. It’ll be our 1st time inside a restaurant since Feb 2020.  It’s times like these that make me truly dislike oldest DD and her family living in PA.  

Congrats to you both on your daughter’s success.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

There is only one New York team, Buffalo!

Wife was born and raised in Buffalo area diehard Bills fan and she converted me, we did a cruise out of Brooklyn about ten years ago and there was a huge group of passengers from Boston for some reason. On first night of the cruise we were at a table for four my wife and her mother were sitting across from me and both called me a liar when I said Doug Flutie was sitting behind them, which he was . If was there every night didn’t want to bug him but on the last night he got up and talked to some people and I had a chance to talk to him and got a picture of him with my wife. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, George C said:

Wife was born and raised in Buffalo area diehard Bills fan and she converted me, we did a cruise out of Brooklyn about ten years ago and there was a huge group of passengers from Boston for some reason. On first night of the cruise we were at a table for four my wife and her mother were sitting across from me and both called me a liar when I said Doug Flutie was sitting behind them, which he was . If was there every night didn’t want to bug him but on the last night he got up and talked to some people and I had a chance to talk to him and got a picture of him with my wife. 

I go to see him play at quite a few games in Calgary in the early 90s and took my grandmother to see him play in Toronto.  She “loved” him. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Today is a great day. Our baby, youngest DD, earned her Master’s Degree in Business Admin (accounting) last May but didn’t get to have a graduation.  Today was 2021 commencement & 2020 grads were invited to participate.  It was staggered appointment times and they were only allowed 2 guests.  Tonight we’re taking her along with middle DD, SIL and 2 little granddaughters to Flemings to celebrate. It’ll be our 1st time inside a restaurant since Feb 2020.  It’s times like these that make me truly dislike oldest DD and her family living in PA.  

D6512A1D-AF9B-4D43-8F82-0085C54EAD09.jpeg

Beautiful family. Congrats to the graduate on her achievements.

• Thanks 1

Thanks everyone, truly appreciate all the congratulatory wishes.  Re-reading my original post, it sound like I dislike oldest daughter who lives in PA 🤣.  Of course what I meant is I dislike “the fact” that she lives in PA!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, mugtech said:

Had a Frank Zappa experience when I heard my first rock and roll in 1954 went to the movie Blackboard Jungle.  Zappa claimed that Rock Around the Clock got him started in music.

Rock Around The Clock was my first rock and roll too.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

D6512A1D-AF9B-4D43-8F82-0085C54EAD09.jpeg

Congrats to your daughter her achievement. Proud looking parents.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The novelty of snow wore off sometime in my teenage years. 

No novelty for me either especially working as a manager for a grocery store always had to drive in it but Grandkids sure do love it.

6 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I can relate every time I tell someone I'm from Kansas City and they say, "How do you like living in Kansas?" to which I reply "I don't live in Kansas I live in Missouri."

That one confuses the heck out of me, although it seems to make sense to all of you because there is a river? in the middle. 

We were flying buddy passes to Mardi Gras many years ago. And I had to ask the gate person which airport this was? And they said, "Kansas City". 

And I said, "Oh cool. I've never been in Kansas before. "

And she said, "You still haven't been there. We are in Missouri. " :classic_rolleyes::classic_biggrin:

Granted, geography is not one of my strong points. But I still think that is one of the strangest things in the United States. Especially for people that grew up watching Wizard of Oz. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

@GlobalMethod who lives in Greece will also keep us updated 😉

Far from optimal at this point regarding C19 ... The C19 rate is still very high ... Vaccinations are still at a slow rate ... ICUs are at max ... this is following a strict lockdown for several months ... not good ... they are opening up the economy this week in many ways including restaurants ... I just hope there is no huge spike in 30-45 days as happened with India after they opened up everything ...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, George C said:

Wife was born and raised in Buffalo area diehard Bills fan and she converted me, 

John Fogarty fan?  "If I had my way I'd shuffle off to Buffalo, sit by the lake and watch the world go by."

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:
11 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

How about the two football teams,New York Jets and New York Giants who both play in NJ.

There is only one New York team, Buffalo!

I've never been a football fan by geography but have enjoyed all the NY teams ... 🙂 ... this year I have been intensely following the NFL draft ... I was trying to predict which rookie would go to which team ... but ... that was nearly impossible!

10 hours ago, George C said:

Doug Flutie 

Before Doug went to the Bills I saw him a playing for the Toronto Argos. My brother and I had Argo season tickets since the mid 1980's. Flutie was a great QB, perfect for the CFL game. He was so fun to watch. After he left, I saw him play once during our annual boys weekend sports trips to Buffalo. A Sabres game on Saturday night, chicken wings at the Anchor Bar, taxi back to the hotel at some ungodly hour, and then the Bills on Sunday afternoon. In later years the routine changed to the Anchor Bar first, Sabres second, in bed at the hotel by 11pm, then the Bills on Sunday. Hey, even Doug slowed down eventually. 

• Like 3