Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

6 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Good morning. What a beautiful rainy day here.   Packing suitcases and organizing our travel items. From formal wear to after wedding party. 

I am sure some are wondering how late I slept in. Well rested till 5 am. Then the cat wanted to play. The DH dodged the fur ball and slept till 7am. 

Someone googled my hair color. Guess it’s an Ohio thing. Land locked and all. 

So I’ll share a picture of the finished product. FCB22F40-23D2-4675-B0DD-DC6DDDFAA782.thumb.jpeg.104f8f5c599fa38c7c8c9a20b0ce6888.jpegBeen using this color off and on for years. The picture is from a few years back but shows the color.

Oh. That good looking man next to me. Well that is my patient tolerant husband. He earned his spot in heaven many years ago by putting up with me. 

Keep us and our children as well as all on CC who has followed the wedding journey in your prayers. 

Pictures will eventually follow. 

The lions family. 

Good luck with the wedding.  I was given 2 very good pieces of advice before my wedding. 

1. Something inevitably WILL go wrong with the reception, given the complexity of everything being planned.  The only people who will notice or care are the bride and the bride's mother. No matter what happens, it's a fun party for everyone else, so don't sweat the details.

2.  As the groom, when my prospective bride asked me anything, the appropriate response was, "yes dear, whatever you and your mother want".

Enjoy the wonderful day!

• Like 13
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Passaic County.  

Yes, love NJ tomatoes and corn.

So many people think of New Jersey in connection to Elizabeth and Bayonne and the whole area across from Manhattan. 
They don’t realize why it’s called “The Garden State, how beautiful so much of New Jersey is, and how good the produce. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I figure another reason we need to get back to cruising is t-shirts.  I put on my St Thomas t-shirt today and besides be faded, it is also tighter!

I hear ya.   Just last weekend I was saying to Hubby we better be cruising in September on our booked Oasis sailing as I need some new tank tops/t-shirts too!     I wear my islands t's around the house on weekends and as beach coverups when I am at the NJ shore.      They shrink easy😘

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Jimbo said:

I'm going to find out if there is a difference between Jersey Corn and Tomatoes then growing them in Virginia...

Here is my garden in Virginia....have to fence it in otherwise all the deer we have would go to town on it.

20210716_112437.jpg

20210716_112423.jpg

It’s so healthy and lush! I hope you get wondrous veggies from it!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jagsfan said:

It’s so healthy and lush! I hope you get wondrous veggies from it!

Yes, it's unreal. I only fertilized one time when the tomato plants were about 10 inches tall. Now the tomato plants are 5ft high.  They have 54 inch cages, but you can hardly see any of the cages now,  pretty much completely covered by the plants.

Everything is really deep green color.

• Like 2

Taking a quick break before rehearsal and dinner. 
The dress is safely resting in our room. 

I have done a lot of practicing lately. Crying that is.  I’m doomed.  
Our hostess here already told me I am getting a “ skinny pirate” before I go down the aisle. 
(captain Morgan and Diet Coke).  
DH said make it a double. 

Stay safe. 

20902AAB-670B-4FD7-B1F2-497B22BD7DE1.jpeg

• Like 18

2 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Our hostess here already told me I am getting a “ skinny pirate” before I go down the aisle. 

That should take any nerves off. Good luck and I wish you and your family a lifetime of love and happiness.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ownedbypets said:

Beautiful pictures and gorgeous weather. I hope my son gets to experience the beauty of the UK while he is there. He arrived this morning , quarantines in Portsmouth before heading to work on the ship.

Which ship is he on? We are having a heatwave at the moment , expecting to get to the high 80s f this weekend 

There is an apple tree in the back yard also. Looking to have our first fire in our fire pit tonight with a cold drink or 2.

You can see the garden in the back ground. We get to view the back yard from the sunroom and outside deck.

20210716_175803.jpg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, sgmn said:

Which ship is he on? We are having a heatwave at the moment , expecting to get to the high 80s f this weekend 

He works in the offices in FL and is just over for a few weeks to help get things ready.  He doesn't work for Royal. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

There is an apple tree in the back yard also. Looking to have our first fire in our fire pit tonight with a cold drink or 2.

You can see the garden in the back ground. We get to view the back yard from the sunroom and outside deck.

20210716_175803.jpg

Beautiful!     Enjoy a cocktail or two.     

If you give me your address I can bring scrapple and mojitos (that doesn't sound good together).

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, sgmn said:

We have been stuck around temps of 95 to 100 for the last couple of weeks here in southeastern PA.    I am tired of the humidity, saying next week should be less humidity and temps in 85 to 90 range.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

Stay safe. 

Wishing you and your family much happiness.  You've worked hard, now it's time to enjoy this wonderful weekend.  If there are any hiccups, just remember, the things that go wrong are the things that make the best stories to tell later!  Cheers!

- Joy

• Like 4

We are finally at our hotel. Great views of the port area and intracoastal. 

Lionesss, best of luck with the wedding. I KNOW it will be fantastic, with all the love and effort you put into it.

Dani, I am excited to meet Captain Kate and Bug tomorrow.! How am I going to be able to sleep tonight!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 12
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We have been stuck around temps of 95 to 100 for the last couple of weeks here in southeastern PA.    I am tired of the humidity, saying next week should be less humidity and temps in 85 to 90 range.   

It’s like AR and PA. Have switched  weather for awhile .

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Dani, I am excited to meet Captain Kate and Bug tomorrow.! How am I going to be able to sleep tonight!!!!!!!!!

You're one lucky lass 😉 

Wishing you (& al 😁) a very enjoyable cruise - every moment of it, including the much waited for C. Kate and her naked Bug 🌷 [remember, the "groupie from Israel?"]

Should you have a spare moment, post/s and pics will be more than welcomed 🙏

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

We are finally at our hotel. Great views of the port area and intracoastal. 

Lionesss, best of luck with the wedding. I KNOW it will be fantastic, with all the love and effort you put into it.

Have a great cruise, we didn’t see captain Kate until day 3 or 4 , never saw the cat. What hotel are you staying at? 

3 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Stay safe. 

We’re all celebrating with you. I wish the happy couple a long and happy life together. 

• Like 2