Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

How long in oven and at what temperature? and other ingredients?  salt, pepper?

Cut round slices of ~0.5cm thick.

Sprinkle with olive oil, add some salt [and pepper, according to your taste].

Oven -- 170-180C until you get "brown" patches on one side, then turn them around.

~30 min all in all, depending on your oven.

A very tasty and healthy "side order" 😁

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Christina. Brandon

❤️

Plus my new family. 

💕

96E549E4-9917-4949-9F87-765C07699C65.jpeg

5D733C5B-71C5-467E-96F4-07F10E737464.jpeg

Beautiful couple 💑 many many congrats 

I bet your day was stunning.  So lovely , two families united ❤

• Like 2

9 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Those look good.

You don’t use a fruit picker like we do for the mangos or would that bruise them?

Since it is a fairly young tree we havent had the need for a fruit picker.  Last summer Eric was able to reach the ones at top of tree since he is 6'3" with long arms, this was the first time I had to get ladder out.   Probably will need a fruit picker for next summer.

• Like 1

I had 2 objectives last night.  One turned out to be a success, and the other not (at least not yet).  I liked V Pizza so much the other night that we decided to try the new one near us.  Equally good.  Here's their Signature Margherita:

IMG_7344.thumb.jpg.0653584207c40f7e460cdbc605c36659.jpg

Objective 2 was to get some Melleti Amaro and make one of @Sea Dog's Old Fashioneds.   My local liquor store, which is small but has a good selection, said they sold their last bottle the day before.  There were a couple of other brands of Amaro on the shelf but I know that Amaros can vary in taste, so I'll wait and get it at a larger store a little further away.  The wait will make the taste even better.

While looking for the Amaro, I did see a bottle of Melleti Limoncello.  @John&LaLa @Ocean Boy...you guys have talked about (and made) Limoncello before.  Do you drink it straight?  Mix it in a drink?  I'm intrigued and always looking to expand my list of drinks that I like.

• Like 7

9 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Christina. Brandon

❤️

Plus my new family. 

💕

Beautiful!   Sending wishes for a lifetime of happiness.

I hope everyone had fun at the reception and you were able to relax and enjoy.    

I would love to see more photos of her gown and everything else.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

While looking for the Amaro, I did see a bottle of Melleti Limoncello.  @John&LaLa @Ocean Boy...you guys have talked about (and made) Limoncello before.  Do you drink it straight?  Mix it in a drink?  I'm intrigued and always looking to expand my list of drinks that I like.

I keep the limoncello in the freezer and drink it straight. However, different brands have different tastes and the last bottle I bought was way too sweet and it has rather killed my taste for the stuff. It sits in the freezer and I have neither drank any, or bought any more, for awhile.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

@island lady  Another LOBSTAH video.  Better than the first!  I defy any lobster loving person not to salivate.  I would go here in a NY minute.  One hour boat road and a clambake!

That was great!  Thanks!  Indeed, our local lobster guys always recommend steaming (not boiling) your lobster.  What a great excursion they had...delicious looking!  🙂 

Where we used to stay in the RV up here until this year, there was a huge natural boat launch that the local Clammers would use.  They gathered up great gobs of that seaweed (kelp) and put them in heavy canvas bags (to weight them down).  Then they would line them along the side of the ramp at low tide to let the incoming high tide "wash" it to get the grit out.  They sold those bags for this kind of thing.  

19 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Hot one here today.  Eric mowed the lawn early this morning while I climbed ladder to pick more peaches, not all are fully ripe yet but if you leave on the tree in this heat they turn mushy quick.

Also picked a bunch of stuff from my garden.  Going to make eggplant parmesan for dinner.

20210717_110532.jpg

20210717_110845.jpg

Wow...nice green thumb you have!!  Envious...great harvesting!  🙂 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, jagsfan said:

I love living here in Florida, but my soul needs the ocean and the mountains. 
To be able to look out the windows and see mountains would be such bliss!

You found a beautiful spot  to live. 

You could have it both ways!  😉  

For me it's Florida for 8 months over the winter time, (hopefully with lots of cruising built back in again!) and up here in Maine along the coast and mountains four months of the summer.  🙂 

• Like 2

Good morning. 
Breakfast brunch at hotel. Now back to real everyday life.  
So much to share. 

Over these last couple months I kept thinking about  my mom and mother in law how they provided babysitting and just plain grandmother roles for Christina. We never paid for child care.   We lost  both of them in recent years. And I cried when I realized they would not be able to share this milestone with Christina. 

Night after night I stayed awake lying in bed trying to think of a way to pay tribute to them other than a rose on an empty chair.   Well God or my guardian angel answered my prayer. 

I unboxed my moms dress which is 68 years old. Then my mother in laws dress which is 58 years old. Placed their original wedding pictures. Recreated their bouquets as well as have chocolate kisses  and a plaque made to gift to Christina. Once the candles were lit we had daughter called down for a first looked.  She loved it. Later everyone at the reception said they never saw any like this done. 

My moms bouquet was gifted to the longest married couple. And my mother in law s bouquet was the throw bouquet. 

I thank God everyday for what he gives me. 
and this idea. 

Thanks for letting me bore you with wedding memories.  

In a 92 days if you can put up with me look for my live thread sailing the Symphony. I can only hope I can do as well as my previous CC novelist. 

❤️

Sue. 

F09CC795-CCF8-4C9D-AD1C-DD38B54D0F96.jpeg

• Like 24

10 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Christina. Brandon 

❤️

Plus my new family. 

Such a handsome couple. Beautiful romantic dress, and amazing bouquet.

Warmest wishes of a life full of happiness and health for the young couple, and the surrounding families 🌺 ♥️

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Good morning. 
So much to share. 

Over these last couple months I kept thinking about  my mom and mother in law how they provided babysitting and just plain grandmother roles for Christina. We never paid for child care.   We lost  both of them in recent years. And I cried when I realized they would not be able to share this milestone with Christina. 

Night after night I stayed awake lying in bed trying to think of a way to pay tribute to them other than a rose on an empty chair.   Well God or my guardian angel answered my prayer. 

I unboxed my moms dress which is 68 years old. Then my mother in laws dress which is 58 years old. Placed their original wedding pictures. Recreated their bouquets as well as have chocolate kisses  and a plaque made to gift to Christina. Once the candles were lit we had daughter called down for a first looked.  She loved it. Later everyone at the reception said they never saw any like this done. 

My moms bouquet was gifted to the longest married couple. And my mother in law s bouquet was the throw bouquet. 

and this idea. 

In a 92 days if you can put up with me look for my live thread sailing the Symphony. I can only hope I can do as well as my previous CC novelist. 

❤️

Sue. 

Awww...what a nice gesture...and so creative!  Love it!

Soooo happy the wedding went well, with the gorgeous bride and groom beaming their happiness, to continue for years to come!  🥰

Congrats Mom!!  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

What a fantastic idea!  I've never seen or heard of anything like this.  Wow.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

That was great!  Thanks!  Indeed, our local lobster guys always recommend steaming (not boiling) your lobster.  What a great excursion they had...delicious looking!  🙂 

Where we used to stay in the RV up here until this year, there was a huge natural boat launch that the local Clammers would use.  They gathered up great gobs of that seaweed (kelp) and put them in heavy canvas bags (to weight them down).  Then they would line them along the side of the ramp at low tide to let the incoming high tide "wash" it to get the grit out.  They sold those bags for this kind of thing.  

Glad you enjoyed!

31 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Good morning. 
So much to share. 

and this idea. 

❤️

Sue. 

What a precious, creative and heartfelt tribute to Christina's 2 grandmas.

All your hard work paid off.  Beautiful couple, amazing bouquet.  A lifetime of love to them and congratulations to the whole family.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

There were a couple of other brands of Amaro on the shelf but I know that Amaros can vary in taste, so I'll wait and get it at a larger store a little further away.  The wait will make the taste even better.

Good plan. I really like the Meletti Amaro. It's really good in the old fashioned. Let me know when you get to try it your impressions. I hope you like it.

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

Good morning. 
So much to share. 

and this idea. 

❤️

Sue. 

Wow, how beautiful, I have never seen anything like that but love it.  Looking forward to seeing more pictures from what looks to have been a lovely day.  Congrats to all!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

and this idea. 

What a beautiful display and great idea. Thank you for letting us tag along for your families celebration.

All the best is wished for you.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Christina. Brandon

❤️

Plus my new family. 

💕

What a beautiful bride! I love the gown and the flowers, and especially the happy look on their faces. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, island lady said:

You could have it both ways!  😉  

For me it's Florida for 8 months over the winter time, (hopefully with lots of cruising built back in again!) and up here in Maine along the coast and mountains four months of the summer.  🙂 

My husband says no more long road trips…he’s aged out. For many years we spent summers up there and hated to come home. 
Next month we’re spending a week in Sapphire Valley NC which is in a really pretty area. Lots of waterfalls and, of course, the white squirrels in Brevard.
My parents’ summer house is in Hendersonville and had apple orchards around it and mountains to look at. 
We sold it after they died because we spent so much time in Maine and cruising. 
I guess, looking back, we should have kept it. 

• Like 5