Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

35 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Cool    did you book a med or caribbean cruise?

No I know ship will debut in Europe but we will sail her a couple of days after thanksgiving which is one of the weeks we normally cruise. We will be doing a lot of walking since Luminae and the retreat is at front of the ship and we are totally aft. I heard they expanded the retreat area which we loved on the Edge.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Jimbo said:

I bet that demo recording is worth a ALOT of money.

I posted this before but in 1957 I recorded a demo . I have mine with the other one.Mine is worth less than a penny.The Tony Bennett one will go to one of my grand kids.Somebody other than me will decide which one.

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

I remember reading about spreading ashes in one of Trainman2 posts [his 1st wife, Carol].

He said something along the lines that "you have to ask about it at the bridge, and they will advise you about winds directions, and when it is 'safe' to do it, without risking the ashes blowing back on you".

@George C

Beyond looks like it will be an amazing ship.

Sue ( @sgmn) and I are also booked, but in Europe, and sure enough, also hoping to meet Captain Kate.... How do u know for sure she'll be on your sailing?

She normally stays on a ship for a long period, we just missed her on summit a few years ago and was lucky to be on her sailing in July and she will take over the new ship in April. We loved the edge and read beyond has made improvements to retreat and other areas. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Ugghh!     Hopefully she will be able to be with you for Christmas.   

Shame she isn't able to get a test done on her own since she is a Nurse.     

Testing is a serious problem right now for many parts of the country.     

Last Thursday we scheduled covid tests for this Thursday at Walgreens since we will be spending Christmas with an elderly woman that lives in an assisted living facility and we want to make sure we will be safe to be with her.    

Out of curiousity I checked Walgreens site today and the 0 appointments available for next 7 days and CVS first available opening near me is Jan 3rd.     

Since she is a travel nurse she has no priority for testing.

5 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I posted this before but in 1957 I recorded a demo . I have mine with the other one.Mine is worth less than a penny.The Tony Bennett one will go to one of my grand kids.Somebody other than me will decide which one.

Sounds good Grand Pa, don't forget Jimbo 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, molly361 said:

I'm only going to bring a small vial.  And I have heard and witnessed more stories like yours than successful ones

Mu uncle was a bachelor fisherman who had lived his whole adult life in a Cornish fishing village. Apart from his two elderly sisters and us nieces and nephews he didn't have any relatives. The day after his funeral  one of his fishing pals took us in his boat out to sea and we scattered his ashes and  flowers on the waves.

The next year we arranged for a bench with a plaque on the Quay in Remembrance  and every year when we go down to Cornwall to see my cousins we meet at the bench, enjoy fish and chips and raise a cup of tea to our uncle 

• Like 19

2 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Mu uncle was a bachelor fisherman who had lived his whole adult life in a Cornish fishing village. Apart from his two elderly sisters and us nieces and nephews he didn't have any relatives. The day after his funeral  one of his fishing pals took us in his boat out to sea and we scattered his ashes and  flowers on the waves.

The next year we arranged for a bench with a plaque on the Quay in Remembrance  and every year when we go down to Cornwall to see my cousins we meet at the bench, enjoy fish and chips and raise a cup of tea to our uncle 

I would love that. I know your uncle dies, even though he can’t tell you!

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Dan was a boat captain

• Like 9

2 hours ago, jagsfan said:

We said a couple of prayers and told Nancy Sue we loved her, and her sister leaned out and scattered the ashes. 
Unfortunately, a gust of wind came from nowhere, and blew the ashes straight back. 
Our faces, hair and arms were covered, and the deck. 
It was a solemn moment, and we wanted to be respectful, but we couldn’t help jumping around and brushing Nancy Sue off. 
I hope she was laughing her head off!

Scattering ashes requires some forethought, which we thought we did!

Oh my goodness, Mimi.  I hope you don't mind that I just laughed at this.  After my youngest brother Andrew passed away, we took his ashes to Penny Beach, which is on Staten Island, to the left of the Verrazzano Bridge.  My brother loved to hang out there...it's not really a beach, it has lots of big rocks against the water.  It was a breezy day, so my brother James (Andrew's twin) took a traffic cone, and turning it upside down, poured my brothers ashes into the Narrows. ❤️

• Like 9

1 hour ago, jagsfan said:

Merry Christmas to you!!

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

+1

+2

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

Best wishes for a very Merry Christmas to EVERYONE who posts on this thread who celebrates the holiday.

Thank you, Lenny!

43 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

🌲 And the same wishes from the Holy Land 🌲

Thank you, Dani!

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, sgmn said:

That sounds lovely🥰

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

I remember reading about spreading ashes in one of Trainman2 posts [his 1st wife, Carol].

He said something along the lines that "you have to ask about it at the bridge, and they will advise you about winds directions, and when it is 'safe' to do it, without risking the ashes blowing back on you".

@George C

Beyond looks like it will be an amazing ship.

Sue ( @sgmn) and I are also booked, but in Europe, and sure enough, also hoping to meet Captain Kate.... How do u know for sure she'll be on your sailing?

I remember that thread since it was the first Trainman thread I ever read.  So sad, especially when he wrote he would eat alone in the WJ, that nobody joined him or spoke to him.  Got me choked up. I was so happy he found happiness again with Judith.  RIP Trainman and Judith!

When is your Beyond cruise?

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Oh my goodness, Mimi.  I hope you don't mind that I just laughed at this.  After my youngest brother Andrew passed away, we took his ashes to Penny Beach, which is on Staten Island, to the left of the Verrazzano Bridge.  My brother loved to hang out there...it's not really a beach, it has lots of big rocks against the water.  It was a breezy day, so my brother James (Andrew's twin) took a traffic cone, and turning it upside down, poured my brothers ashes into the Narrows. ❤️

What ingenuity I would never have thought of a traffic cone. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sunshine3601 said:

What ingenuity I would never have thought of a traffic cone. 

My brother must be wicked smart!😁  No, seriously, we walked down to the beach, and it was breezy, a storm was coming, and my brother went back home...he lived up the street, and came back with the cone.😊

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

We all laugh about it now. 
That day, we wanted to crack up, besides screaming “Get it off! Get it off!”

But with her sister there, we couldn’t. 
Her sister has already told us she wants to be on somebody’s closet shelf. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

My brother must be wicked smart!😁  No, seriously, we walked down to the beach, and it was breezy, a storm was coming, and my brother went back home...he lived up the street, and came back with the cone.😊

As they say in Boston,  “wicked smaht”.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 3