Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

16 minutes ago, singinalot said:

Well I’ve moved on from watching Below Deck Med to Succession…and of course started the new Amazing Race last week.

Can’t remember if I posted this here, but here’s my dress…hoping the holiday pounds come off before March. 

71170195-5A22-4E0B-BD87-2081C37C4E9D.jpeg

Just started Succession Season 3 tonight. Glad I'm not in that family.

You look stunning in that beautiful dress.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

One of the things I had was the cucumber martini, and it was good

Now you can get the beef for one, and that was my choice. 

Desert was the fried cheesecake 

Sorry I missed your question on what to get at CP 150. You made excellent choices. I had the same thing but it was beef tenderloin for two but I also got the Lobster Thermidor too, which was outstanding. CP150 is my favorite restaurant on all the Royal ships.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, singinalot said:

2 more days until we head to the Fl panhandle for the weekend. My dad isn’t able to get there until Friday, so Nate and I have decided to go straight to the Destin beach on Thursday and get dinner at our & grandmas  fav beach restaurant. 💔 it will be weird to be at Grandmas alone. 

The dress looks lovely! It is weird to be at a deceased relatives' house (my mom) at first. And it is even more difficult to get rid of their stuff. It is hard enough with your own stuff. There is a tendency to want to look at it before you get rid of it, but then it takes forever. We are on year 3 of cleaning out mom's house, and I still don't know what to do with the antique furniture and some of the other things. :classic_smile:

• Like 6

@Sheal I will certainly tell you anything you’re interested in.  Can’t predict what mask mandates may be in the future.  We’ve adjusted…finding spots to have our drinks where we can distance.  Tonight for example, at the Martini Bar I sat down at a table with plenty of distancing…then a party of four sat down next to us.  I’m not saying they did anything wrong…but we moved.  I don’t want to be contact traced to anyone.  

For me, even wearing a mask and having to avoid people, I’m happy to be sailing.  Is there anything specific you want to know?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, singinalot said:

Well I’ve moved on from watching Below Deck Med to Succession…and of course started the new Amazing Race last week.

2 more days until we head to the Fl panhandle for the weekend. My dad isn’t able to get there until Friday, so Nate and I have decided to go straight to the Destin beach on Thursday and get dinner at our & grandmas  fav beach restaurant. 💔 it will be weird to be at Grandmas alone. 

nates birthday is tomorrow and he’s sworn me to secrecy from reminding our Insta  friends so I at least I can tell you guys 🤣

Tonight I sent the table seating chart diagram to my sister for her review! Planning is coming along. Can’t remember if I posted this here, but here’s my dress…hoping the holiday pounds come off before March. 

71170195-5A22-4E0B-BD87-2081C37C4E9D.jpeg

0C55D51B-6731-4DAF-93FB-4CC87E68F34C.jpeg

Beautiful photo Crystal.

Happy birthday to Nate.

Graham.

CF584717-26A5-44A4-97D1-8B0594A9F898.gif.4dead2d84240e63b1802ba524077b0af.gif

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Coralc said:

The dress looks lovely! It is weird to be at a deceased relatives' house (my mom) at first. And it is even more difficult to get rid of their stuff. It is hard enough with your own stuff. There is a tendency to want to look at it before you get rid of it, but then it takes forever. We are on year 3 of cleaning out mom's house, and I still don't know what to do with the antique furniture and some of the other things. :classic_smile:

When mum went into a care home with advanced dementia, my brothers and I decided to rent out her house to help towards the care home fees. Bearing in mind it was a fairly big detached house with a huge garden and as she was in her mid 80s there hadn't been much redecoration recently. We had a timetable of four months and £20,000 to completely redecorate top to bottom, put in wood flooring in the hall, new carpets downstairs, new redesigned kitchen, new resited boiler and refreshed bathroom 

Plus of course we had to clear out a lifetime of belongings.

My brothers hired skips and tossed everything, with me trawling through the skips for stuff I wanted to keep and trying to rescue precious (to me) items before they were all tossed. I took all the photo albums home to go through at leisure.  It was very stressful. She went into the home in September and we had tenants in there by January 

After she died two years later my brothers were asking me if I had any of her jewellery or cross stitch art work they could have in her memory.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Last night after dinner, we went to the headliner show with Lou Gazzara.  He was a great vocalist, with a very wide range that sounded like the original artists.  The Elvis lovers here would especially appreciate the King’s songs he did. 

I came away from the show with more questions than answers.  Not how he hit all the high notes and the low notes, but something I saw during the show that I have never seen on a cruise before.  Someone was set up with a light, and a program, and signing the performance for someone.  I assume this is something provided by Royal’s Special Needs department.  But when you think about music, how do you sign all the non words, and convey those highs and lows and the tempo?  What about the song he did in Italian, do they do an English translation?   So many questions!

I found myself looking back and forth between the entertainer and the signer, and wondering how they convey those things.  Language alone is easy, but music?  I can’t believe that, as old as I am, I have never thought about this.  This is a great service if it is provided by Royal. 

• Like 13

Good Morning.  76⁰ F.  There is a storm in the distance but I think we will be able to sail around it.  I woke up earlier than normal for me and couldn't get back to sleep so I thought I needed to try to get a nice pic for yall.  

image.thumb.png.6919313aeeaf5cd3c3ea0f25b43c4b9f.png

After shooting acouple I thought,  they will need a better view so I hurried to the front. 

image.thumb.png.3add2dc91fac997e730f59a816d8b6e9.png

Another pax that was shooting suggested a time lapse.   I really have never tried it much but I tried it.  It is taking a bit for even the pics to load so I will try it in a separate post.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 3

34 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

It was a challenge holding the camera in the wind.  My new friend advised for me not to drop the phone in the water.  

Very cool! Sort of like being on a high speed ferry. That was really good advice about not dropping the phone in the water.☺

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

It was a challenge holding the camera in the wind.  My new friend advised for me not to drop the phone in the water.  

I have something like this that works great fro time lapses on your phone.

https://www.amazon.com/Anozer-Universal-Adjustable-Compatible-Streaming/dp/B08FMNW9TK/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=iphone+beezie+tripod+flex&qid=1641914034&sr=8-5

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I think it is one of those issues where I can’t see it on my iPhone.  I did one of the time lapse last week, of a walk around the running track on Oasis.  I think it made a 37 second clip for a complete lap.  When Susan sent it to her sister, she didn’t get the time lapse concept and said we are too old to be running that fast and to slow down. 🤣🤣

24 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

@singinalot +1 💐

received today jab #4... we were "in" and "out" in less than 5 min, and waited outside the mandatory 15 mins. Very well organized with many booths maned.

IMG_6763.thumb.jpg.948bbc5cb1d9441618ce1b9e286c5728.jpg

Congratulations on Jab #4.  Here is hoping we won’t need #5. 

22 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I thought for a minute that you were going to post a link to one of those handheld units with the gyroscopic stabilizers.  One of those would have been nice for my “run” around the track. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

I image.thumb.png.aa410c1acdcff00122652fca26e2bf3b.png something similar before Symphony when we were talking about different gadgets.  It was just to early in the morning for me to think about it.  I plan to us it later.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

I saw this sunrise picture this morning on the news and thought I would add to the gorgeous pictures.  This is from the Mount Washington Observatory.  At -30 degrees F, cold spaghetti for breakfast turns into frozen spaghetti pretty quickly!

May be an image of nature

😆 when I just posted the pic below and it loaded this pic popped up and I thought that somehow my food pics blended with my other pic. 😆 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I think John @Ozark_Kid wins the sunrise picture of the day. There were a lot of higher clouds for mine. 

4BFA893D-C3B3-490D-A62D-BC00E317999F.thumb.jpeg.4dcd57c8dea1afdc44ae8afafef3a818.jpeg

6D5807A8-BA75-4167-86AF-273F6A1EB33F.thumb.jpeg.437aca8d38c99e21e74b3ba68a8f6b73.jpeg

86E48A99-58D4-47E1-943E-1F0F55CC27B8.thumb.jpeg.b1d1dfe4c5950dec7d57eb8ee4e1038b.jpeg

B9682576-4BF3-4214-8CE8-F35C45B7FDA3.thumb.jpeg.30610a2f87f5a3e2bcff768e6aaa8958.jpeg

You inspired me to get a sunrise pic.  I'm usually not up at sunrise.   If I haven't been admiring your sunrise pics I wouldn't of gone after today's pic.

• Like 3

I am still eating to much.  

20220111_094621.thumb.jpg.3d7382b8b39662b70cbf24388205f4ef.jpg

But enjoyed the CK view .

20220111_093856.thumb.jpg.24cbba46ca8d28ad2459db19925b5094.jpg

Now here's what I have to decide, eat a late lunch or not.  To full to eat now but if I put it off then I will not be that hungry for dinner!  Before you get on a cruise you think nice carefree week then the tough decisions pop up! That's what I like about this thread, you can share with others what you are fighting through.  

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1