Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

22 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Wow what a game they destroyed them. Chiefs better not overlook Big Ben. Steelers will play very hard. Would be interesting if it ends up with Chiefs vs Bills but I don’t think it will get to that. I think Titans beat Chiefs in second round. Good luck. Thought it was interesting that they talked about how cold it was. I remember being in Rich Stadium in 1994 shooting video of the chiefs for our station. It was so cold and top it off freezing rain. I was wearing long underwear and coveralls and still froze my tail off. At the end of the game I couldn’t feel my toes or the tips of fingers. It didn’t matter the Chiefs lost I just wanted to get someplace warm.

Don’t you know the fix is in for Big Ben to end his career with another SB ring?  Of course they need to play the Chiefs better than last time. 

Edited by h20skibum
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Don’t you know the fix is in for Big Ben to end his career with another SB ring?  Of course they need to play the Chiefs better than last time. 

Pittsburgh has the best defensive lineman who might have more effect on the game Watt who tied the all time record for QB sacks. 

• Like 2

One of the local Karting clubs a couple of hours away does an annual winter race.  Of course Toby wanted to go and with the start of school being pushed back a week he was able to.  You could take your own kart or use one if theirs.  Given the ice covered track and the fact that his had already been winterized he opted to use one of theirs even if it was slower.

Not sure if this shows true dedication to the sport or just good old Canadian winter craziness.

Screenshot_20220116-121147_Messages.jpg

• Like 19

53 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

One of the local Karting clubs a couple of hours away does an annual winter race.  Of course Toby wanted to go and with the start of school being pushed back a week he was able to.  You could take your own kart or use one if theirs.  Given the ice covered track and the fact that his had already been winterized he opted to use one of theirs even if it was slower.

Not sure if this shows true dedication to the sport or just good old Canadian winter craziness.

That looks like a blast. I always wanted to race carts. Never had a chance to.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

I’m not buying that this is Ben’s last year. He still is a great player.

1 hour ago, George C said:

Pittsburgh has the best defensive lineman who might have more effect on the game Watt who tied the all time record for QB sacks. 

Watt is having a great year. Chiefs O line is horrible. He will have a great game tonight.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Chiefs O line is horrible.

I'm more interested in the game that's on right now - Tampa and Philly. I'd love to see the Bucs get booted out of the playoffs. Not a Brady fan here. The Bills were absolutely awesome last night against the Pats - looking nearly unbeatable. 

• Like 6

Just a public service announcement for all you people that have the ability to download your covid record in a QR code on your phone via the SMART Health Card system, used by MA, NY, CA, CT, RI and a few others, check your information.  We just downloaded ours and verified the information against the information on our vaccine cards and mine is wrong. 😞  My booster shot lot number is wrong, so now I have to go to CVS and have them submit corrected information to the state health department.  The number on my card looks like it was written by a two year old with their good hand tied behind their back.  We were able to find a Moderna lot number look up on the internet and they are all 7 digits, not the 8 digits mine shows.  I just have to convince them that the thing that looks like a 7 on my card is indeed an F and the person who typed in the lot number must have attempted to correct their error but didn't delete the wrong character. I know that the woman who gave me my booster at the CVS in Target was just a temp who was going to various CVS stores, so she won't be there to verify her handwriting.  I hope if I go to our regular pharmacy, one of the techs I usually deal with will be able to fix it.  Fingers crossed.  At least it is not one of the shots I got at Gillette Stadium.  Not sure who I would have gone to to get that fixed as they say go to the provider to have it fixed.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

On 1/15/2022 at 1:28 PM, dani negreanu said:

So, after a couple of days being cooped up at home, we "intercepted" some shy sunshine rays trying to break through the clouds, and in less than 10 mins we were at the beach. No traffic (half the population is quarantined) and plenty of parking (rainy weather + the above).

This time we parked at the Marina, restaurants, people watching and... the sea. We had about 30 mins until the rain started again....

_DSC4618.thumb.JPG.320fa388bdaafbb6b6dc6b8dde3a473a.JPG

Of course, the die hard surfers were out in force. The sea was muddy.

_DSC4635.thumb.JPG.bb981354795f04b3495f787f44810bda.JPG

_DSC4633.thumb.JPG.06418fd50bd66c8a3c7ec452499a6827.JPG

_DSC4629.thumb.JPG.38bcbfadd568576c349e5e859a603688.JPG

Beautiful pictures, Dani.  I love Marinas...I love seeing all of the beautiful boats there.  We have several Marinas in the town we live in.

So good that you and DH were able to get out and about!  How are DS1 and grandsons doing?  Still having to quarantine?

16 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Speaking of rough seas, we had a Tsunami warning last night for the entire East Coast of Australia from Queensland to Tasmania as a result of the undersea volcanic eruption in Tonga.

A maritime warning was still in place this morning, so had a walk along the boardwalk at Curl Curl in Sydney.

0CC4DE01-7A74-478C-A08D-6BB1B3029340.jpeg

A4A616E4-E56B-40A3-B256-152AC2A176DF.jpeg

68FF515F-8AAE-4CCA-83DF-AD1C14429308.jpeg

Beautiful pictures, aussie!  We were under Tsunami Watch while our ship was docked in Oahu years ago.  Scary!

11 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

It is 43°F and wet here.

We are just about to leave for church.

Wishing everyone a lovely day.

Graham

We had pouring rain and very windy here this morning;  we had Tornado Warnings all morning.  We did need the rain, though!

I hope your day was lovely, Graham!

6 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

It is 9°F here right now.

Ooph!  Stay warm, OB!

6 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Comfort food on a cold rainy day... DH made a very rich vegetable soup, to go with my instant couscous 😁 Bliss. Saying "thanks" for those little things.

IMG_6770.thumb.jpg.818ad50a35166b04aa345326f8ed8031.jpg

IMG_6772.thumb.jpg.e573fb6524210e647be214a309ac3486.jpg

That looks wonderful, Dani!  I just made myself some comfort food this afternoon.  I love rice when I want some comfort food.

4 hours ago, h20skibum said:

We spent our last sea day relaxing and doing things we hadn’t got to in the last two weeks.  Like riding the slides, and going to get a last Wake View photo.  

253075A8-A734-4D0F-9556-25BEFA812C8A.thumb.jpeg.d38221f64e36505f8cd0c79526860075.jpeg

Out of the garage at 7:52, and we are on the road, in the rain, and as far north as Melbourne.  Time to plan how best to avoid Izzy on the way home. Only about a 1,000 mile drive from here. 

What a wonderful two weeks you had cruising!  Safe travels, Mark.  Thank you again for taking us along.  Your many, many pictures have all been awesome!

Our daughter Melanie lived in Melbourne around 18 years ago.  We loved visiting her there.  Pretty little town.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Wow what a game they destroyed them. Chiefs better not overlook Big Ben. Steelers will play very hard. Would be interesting if it ends up with Chiefs vs Bills but I don’t think it will get to that. I think Titans beat Chiefs in second round. Good luck. Thought it was interesting that they talked about how cold it was. I remember being in Rich Stadium in 1994 shooting video of the chiefs for our station. It was so cold and top it off freezing rain. I was wearing long underwear and coveralls and still froze my tail off. At the end of the game I couldn’t feel my toes or the tips of fingers. It didn’t matter the Chiefs lost I just wanted to get someplace warm.

If the Chiefs beat the Steelers, the Chiefs (2 seed) will host the Bills (3 seed) next week.  I'm actually rooting for that to happen.  The Bengals (4 seed) would then play at the Titans (1 seed).  If the Bills and Bengals could both manage to win on the road (very hard in the playoffs), the Bills would play in the AFC championship game at home against the Bengals.  That would be amazing for Bills Mafia.  Like I said, one game at a time.

3 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

My vote is for the later.  I had the same kind of winter craziness growing up in Buffalo.  

• Like 3

@dani negreanu   WISHING YOU AND YOUR DH A HAPPY ANNIVERSARY 🌹🌹
                                                AND A HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUR DH!!!!!🎈🎈

JANUARY 17, 2022

MAZEL TOV!!!!

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Lining up to board a direct SW flight.  No delays!  Looking forward to making a milkshake tonight!  

Great to hear, John!  Enjoy your milkshake!  (even without getting a booster shot!)

4 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Ah, to be young again!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

My vote is for the later.  I had the same kind of winter craziness growing up in Buffalo.  

You certainly received more snow there than we get.  He just returned home with a second place medal.   Said it was a lot of fun and would definitely do it again. They had a fair bit of seat time.  Two practice sessions, qualifying, pre race and race.

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

How are DS1 and grandsons doing?  Still having to quarantine?

Thank you for asking, Maryann.

Yes, the grandsons are still quarantine. They'll be set "free" tomorrow (Monday), and can get back Tuesday.

DS2 and DDIL are not in quarantine, since they're 3X vaccinated, but someone has to be with the kids. Half the population is in quarantine, and there is mounting pressure to shorten it from 7 days to 5 days for those who are not sick, asymptomatic and were just "in the vicinity" of a sick person. Too late NOW for the grandsons, but... who knows... next week, when another person will be sick... it can come handy.

The little one actually isn't going back to the kindergarten on Tuesday. If he's negative tomorrow, he'll undergone a minor ear surgery called "buttons". It is under general anesthesia, and, believe me, I'll prefer to see myself Wednesday and the little one -- after the procedure....

7 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

JANUARY 17, 2022

MAZEL TOV!!!!

Maryann !!

You took note !!! How kind of you and how thoughtful ... Very touching, believe me, and I can't thank you enough.

As you can understand from the above, no celebrations, nothing, we're just waiting to be after the surgery. May be will order some take away, and will properly celebrate with the "kids" and grandsons when things will get more "normal"....

• Like 11

13 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Thank you for asking, Maryann.

Yes, the grandsons are still quarantine. They'll be set "free" tomorrow (Monday), and can get back Tuesday.

DS2 and DDIL are not in quarantine, since they're 3X vaccinated, but someone has to be with the kids. Half the population is in quarantine, and there is mounting pressure to shorten it from 7 days to 5 days for those who are not sick, asymptomatic and were just "in the vicinity" of a sick person. Too late NOW for the grandsons, but... who knows... next week, when another person will be sick... it can come handy.

The little one actually isn't going back to the kindergarten on Tuesday. If he's negative tomorrow, he'll undergone a minor ear surgery called "buttons". It is under general anesthesia, and, believe me, I'll prefer to see myself Wednesday and the little one -- after the procedure....

Maryann !!

You took note !!! How kind of you and how thoughtful ... Very touching, believe me, and I can't thank you enough.

As you can understand from the above, no celebrations, nothing, we're just waiting to be after the surgery. May be will order some take away, and will properly celebrate with the "kids" and grandsons when things will get more "normal"....

Happy anniversary,youngsters.

Happy birthday to your husband .I see that we share January celebrations.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

JANUARY 17, 2022

MAZEL TOV!!!!

From me also

• Like 1