Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

30 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Good for you🍹🌴

Are those wood carvings?  I'm always amazed by the detail these wood carvers can do with chain saws, etc. 

They appeared to be, although I just made a quick dash to the patio for a photo, while the car warmed up.  

I have seen a number of unique wood carvings at some festivals in our area.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Sitting on balcony.  I had my first Miami Vice.  Wow, it was delicious!!  Beautiful day.  Wish you were here, y'all!  

I have my drink list in my bag.  Have another Miami Vice, or continue down the list?🤔

Fabulous!!!  So happy to read you're off to a great start.

To @George CDallas is defrosted.  Have a great time at the weddi*g.

• Like 1

Good afternoon from a wet & soggy Sydney.  Have had  a week of rain and another week of rain ahead of us but that didn’t stop our walk today.  Today’s walk was a circuit walk at the lovely suburb of Cremorne Point which is surrounded by harbour and only a short ferry ride from Circular Quay.

4500D0A0-3684-499A-9465-084C98333360.jpeg

F78448A2-2C83-4BCE-96F3-2826768F46B4.jpeg

E69D1FFF-BC8C-4E84-9366-341C39CF20E0.jpeg

B163D63F-DEAB-4197-AC57-6580E5F45B3E.jpeg

C20F619B-511B-4828-99BA-31D63A882807.jpeg

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 13

Had a lovely walk in the woods yesterday with Molly, easy to social distance. Govt website said no longer contagious after 10 days which is Sunday, even if still showing positive. So will ease up on the isolating then. 

20220225_105619.thumb.jpg.f5766469ba18189a30e4e707838f5944.jpg

• Like 8

49 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

How is Gary? Still negative?🌺

No he was positive three days after me, at least it meant I didn't have to stay in the bedroom . Also fairly mild, cold symptoms 

Thanks for asking 🙂 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Great!! It means both of you are "after" and could save some pennies on tests, etc. Does UK provide you with a "recovery" document?

Not that I know of

My covid records in my nhs app shows I have tested positive with a pcr test with the date,  but the 'pass to travel' in the app which can be printed and downloaded just shows my three vaccination details 

Edited by sgmn
  • Thanks 1

On 2/25/2022 at 9:23 AM, NHProud said:

I’ve been watching the news today about Ukraine and wondering if you still have family and friends in Romania .

Thank you for your kind words, Judy. I too, as a "veteran" of some wars, deplore the situation, knowing what it entails....

My only remaining relative died in his sleep more than a month ago. He was 93, and the president of the Association of Romanian Jews Victims of the Holocaust. His whole family, along with my maternal grandparents and my aunt were deported to Transnistria. All survived, beside my grandfather.

Liviu was not allowed to emigrate to Israel since he was married to a non-Jewish woman... His mother and my grandmother were sisters, and the family was very close-knit. I was born during the food rationing in Romania, and luckily, since Liviu was a student of veterinary and sharing my room in my parents' house, he could bring me some milk from the villages near Bucharest, were he was doing his practice.

Also, my BFF from primary and HS, who is also non-Jewish and was recently widowed. That's all.

Sad, sad situation. Democracies are no match against dictatorship

• Like 17

26 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Thank you for your kind words, Judy. I too, as a "veteran" of some wars, deplore the situation, knowing what it entails....

My only remaining relative died in his sleep more than a month ago. He was 93, and the president of the Association of Romanian Jews Victims of the Holocaust. His whole family, along with my maternal grandparents and my aunt were deported to Transnistria. All survived, beside my grandfather.

Liviu was not allowed to emigrate to Israel since he was married to a non-Jewish woman... His mother and my grandmother were sisters, and the family was very close-knit. I was born during the food rationing in Romania, and luckily, since Liviu was a student of veterinary and sharing my room in my parents' house, he could bring me some milk from the villages near Bucharest, were he was doing his practice.

Also, my BFF from primary and HS, who is also non-Jewish and was recently widowed. That's all.

You have an understanding of what is going on that we will never have .  My condolences on the death of your relative last month. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My problems seem very small against the reality of Ukraine’s suffering. 
I had an email forwarded from my  travel agency saying my cruise was canceled for no payment. 
It was booked and paid for in  2020. 
Canceled and FCC’s issued. Booked same cruise for March 2021. 
Canceled and lift and shifted to March 2022. 
Now, on a Saturday, I got an email forwarded saying canceled for nonpayment of $279.86. 
I’ve been on hold for 45 minutes. Agency is closed today. 

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

My condolences to you on your loss. My heart breaks for the people of Ukraine. I wish there was something more we could do. I feel like the dictator is just getting away with mass murder.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I have never been there but was curious so I have been web surfing.  The place looks really cool.  There were some things you might see while snorkeling that might scare you at first sight.  From what I read, which some was 5 years old, the public bus does not go there.  One couple rented scooters to ride out there.  The Trip website that is an Advisor, 🤔 has some neat pics of the place.  They also list and rate taxi and bus services.  It was also mentioned transportation provided in various excursions there.  
After seeing this place, I would be tempted to try it out if I go back to Nassau.

I did get a response to my email from Clifton Heritage National Park.      She said they offer round trip transportation and can arrange for pick up at one of the hotels near the cruise dock such as the British Colonial Hilton which is a short walk from the cruise terminal.      

the cost would be $88/per adult and that includes:

transportation via large air conditioned van, walking heritage / history tour, snorkel tour with equipment, Bahamian style lunch which is a choice of grilled fish or chicken, snorkel tour with equipment and beach access with lounge chairs and facilities to change out of wet clothes.

She said I could arrange via email a time to be picked up at the hotel as early as 9 am and would be returned to the hotel at whatever time we prefer.      That is great that you do not have a set amount of time.       Our March sailing docks at 7 am and leaves at 6 pm so we could basically spend all day there.    She also said that if I arrange for another 2 to 4 adults to join us I would receive a 20% discount for my party of 4.       I think I will ask on my roll call if anyone is interested.   

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I did get a response to my email from Clifton Heritage National Park.      She said they offer round trip transportation and can arrange for pick up at one of the hotels near the cruise dock such as the British Colonial Hilton which is a short walk from the cruise terminal.      

the cost would be $88/per adult and that includes:

transportation via large air conditioned van, walking heritage / history tour, snorkel tour with equipment, Bahamian style lunch which is a choice of grilled fish or chicken, snorkel tour with equipment and beach access with lounge chairs and facilities to change out of wet clothes.

She said I could arrange via email a time to be picked up at the hotel as early as 9 am and would be returned to the hotel at whatever time we prefer.      That is great that you do not have a set amount of time.       Our March sailing docks at 7 am and leaves at 6 pm so we could basically spend all day there.    She also said that if I arrange for another 2 to 4 adults to join us I would receive a 20% discount for my party of 4.       I think I will ask on my roll call if anyone is interested.   

That sounds like a good deal.  I would do it.  From what I remember I saw that in 2015 it was costing $40 per adult for just the bus/taxi service.  I would bet it cost more now.  Does anyone going have an underwater camera?  There will be a lot of photo opportunities when snorkeling.  I would think that someone on roll call would be interested.  Maybe link them to the review on "that" website.  😂 TripAdvisor.  I did it.  I posted the website name 😂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

I had an email forwarded from my  travel agency saying my cruise was canceled for no payment. 
Now, on a Saturday, I got an email forwarded saying canceled for nonpayment of $279.86. 

That stinks. 🤬  I hope that you're able to get everything back to the way it was.

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Really interesting to read your history. The lack of food is such a sharp contrast to how relatives were always putting plates full in front of me and telling me to eat.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jagsfan said:

Such an unnecessary, and unneeded headache.

And it is ok to not put your issue in the context of what is going on in the world. Talking about our cruises, and their issues, does not mean we are oblivious or unsensitive to the world around us.

• Like 9