Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, jagsfan said:

I kind of wish they would be using normal  people this season instead of celebrities. I guess they’re former celebrities. 

I loved the different locations…Africa (Kenya?) was a one and done but it was great. 

I think you are talking about Beyond the Edge which is a new Survivor like show that is all celebrities.  I thought Survivor was going to be celebrities too when I caught the end of one of the promotional commercials one day.

Survivor is next week with just "regular" people.

• Like 1

I’m coming to you all for advice and I sure hope you give me the answer I want to hear.  
I have to renew my driver’s license this month. The renewal says to allow 60 days to receive the hard copy of my renewal in the mail.  I doubt it will take that long but you never know.  We have our Anthem cruise on 4/3.  I do have a valid passport.  In the event I don’t have the license back before then, will the passport suffice 🙏?

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Greg, want to swap Charlies😳

At least your Charlie doesn’t pee on the floor.😉

20 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I’m coming to you all for advice and I sure hope you give me the answer I want to hear.  
I have to renew my driver’s license this month. The renewal says to allow 60 days to receive the hard copy of my renewal in the mail.  I doubt it will take that long but you never know.  We have our Anthem cruise on 4/3.  I do have a valid passport.  In the event I don’t have the license back before then, will the passport suffice 🙏?

They say 60 days but I got mine in a couple of weeks.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

45 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I've never seen a fridge with a Keurig built in.  Cool idea.  And I'm guessing that you don't need to fill a water tank periodically since the water would come directly from the fridge filtered water.  Very convenient.

Yes,should be neat never have to fill it. Just put in the cups and mug under it...Instant Coffee.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Yes, your passport is way more powerful and accepted over a driver’s license for travel. The only power your driver’s license has over your passport is in case you get pulled over for speeding on your way to the airport or cruise port. 🤪

Edited by LucasLikesToCruise
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I use my passport for cruises, foreign travel, and even domestic flights. You are fine.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Passport is better than a driver's license.  

When I registered my car recently, it took the Great State of New York about 6 weeks to mail me my registration sticker. Luckily, I was able to print a temporary registration from my home computer & place on the dashboard. 

Hopefully your DMV is a little more responsive. 

• Like 2

passport will be just fine. 

Does RI have the option to renew your DL online?     We have that here in PA where we pay the renewal fee online then they mail you photo card to take to the photo center at local DMV.

Edited by Sunshine3601

15 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

When I registered my car recently, it took the Great State of New York about 6 weeks to mail me my registration sticker. Luckily, I was able to print a temporary registration from my home computer & place on the dashboard. 

We no longer get rego stickers. It’s all done electronically  here now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

He isn’t hungry, which is not good.

Antibiotics tear up Eric's stomach.    So if they are giving him heavy duty ones they most likely will bother Charlie with all the meds he has to take for transplant, etc.     

Something else I always double check is the med list that came in Eric's Bible for Transplant recipients.     There is a couple pages of meds he is allowed and not allowed to have.     When he was in the hospital with Covid they gave him 2 medications that were on Do Not ever take list.   I mentioned this to the doctor and he said he had no idea that transplant people were not allowed that so he immediately stopped giving to Eric.       I have discovered that Not all Doctors know the rules for transplant people.     You may want to check the name of what they are giving him with either your transplant coordinator/team or if you have a list like I have.   

Will he drink broth, ginger ale or eat jello? 

Sending prayers and Hugs🙏

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 4

WHAT. A.DAY.

The good news is that we made it to Florida.  But it was not without incident.  

First, the weather forecast changed from nice, to freezing rain and snow for our drive to the airport.  The salt truck that was salting a completely dry section of road, showered the entire side of our car.  It sounded like shovels full of gravel hitting it.  It was too dark to check it over when we parked at the airport, so I will need to check it when we get back. 

Airport security was fun.  Evidently they frown on you having a knife in your backpack. Seriously, it was a little pen knife with nail file and clippers that has been through there on my key ring for years.  It earned me a thorough pat down and the chemical wand.  

Of course, it didn’t help that my hearing aid batteries died at that moment, and I couldn’t hear what they were saying, because the spare batteries were in the backpack they were rummaging through. 

So next we stop at Starbucks, and Susan says she will go buy a couple while I change batteries.  There are a dozen empty tables in the concourse, and just as I put my backpack down and start changing batteries, a waitress storms out and puts a sign on the table and yells “These are only for our customers “.  She definitely lost us as potential customers. 

All of this is by 7 am, and I wonder what next?

To be continued…..

• Like 12

Part two of travel day. 

Thank goodness for my Bose QC headphones.  I was completely oblivious to any noise on the flight.  When we landed, Susan asked me if the kid in the seat behind me, who screamed the entire flight, bothered me?  I heard none of it, so things are looking up. 

I had booked our Covid tests at Walgreens near our hotel.  So we walked over to get our test done, and they say “You have to be in a car to take one of our tests”.  

“We are staying right here, we don’t have a car”

Them “You will probably need an Uber”

Seriously, an Uber to drive in a circle around Walgreens for a half hour?

So we ended up with no tests at Walgreens.  Ok, I brought some eMed tests for backup, so we will try those later.  

Ok, so let’s pick up some wine at BJ’s.  I have always been able to get it in Florida without a membership.  Not so today!!!

Fortunately, I found a lady kind enough to scan her card, so I could get a couple bottles.  

Things have to get better, right?

………..,,right?

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

At least your Charlie doesn’t pee on the floor.😉

They say 60 days but I got mine in a couple of weeks.

That one of the biggest difference of puppies and kittens, we showed our kitties where little box was and that’s all you need to do , other than cleaning the litter box daily. 

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Antibiotics tear up Eric's stomach.    So if they are giving him heavy duty ones they most likely will bother Charlie with all the meds he has to take for transplant, etc.     

Something else I always double check is the med list that came in Eric's Bible for Transplant recipients.     There is a couple pages of meds he is allowed and not allowed to have.     When he was in the hospital with Covid they gave him 2 medications that were on Do Not ever take list.   I mentioned this to the doctor and he said he had no idea that transplant people were not allowed that so he immediately stopped giving to Eric.       I have discovered that Not all Doctors know the rules for transplant people.     You may want to check the name of what they are giving him with either your transplant coordinator/team or if you have a list like I have.   

Will he drink broth, ginger ale or eat jello? 

Sending prayers and Hugs🙏

I gave him ginger ale, strangely they haven’t offered jello.  My son said we should probably transfer him to Columbia Pres but I will speak with them tomorrow and go from there. Thank you for everything.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Part two of travel day. 

Thank goodness for my Bose QC headphones.  I was completely oblivious to any noise on the flight.  When we landed, Susan asked me if the kid in the seat behind me, who screamed the entire flight, bothered me?  I heard none of it, so things are looking up. 

I had booked our Covid tests at Walgreens near our hotel.  So we walked over to get our test done, and they say “You have to be in a car to take one of our tests”.  

So we ended up with no tests at Walgreens.  Ok, I brought some eMed tests for backup, so we will try those later.  

Ok, so let’s pick up some wine at BJ’s.  I have always been able to get it in Florida without a membership.  Not so today!!!

Fortunately, I found a lady kind enough to scan her card, so I could get a couple bottles.  

………..,,right?

Good grief.  You are making being stuck in endless rain appealing.  They say things happen in 3s so you are definitely due for things to improve.

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Part two of travel day. 

………..,,right?

OMG the Starbucks gal, how ridiculous! Sorry all this happened. Glad you had the Bose. I have the Bose Sleep Buds I’m curious if they could cancel out a crying baby. Things will get better especially when you walk on board and have that first cocktail. Cheers to you and Bon voyage.

32 minutes ago, George C said:

That one of the biggest difference of puppies and kittens, we showed our kitties where little box was and that’s all you need to do , other than cleaning the litter box daily. 

That’s why I do love cats. They are tiddy creatures.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

There is nothing like NYS DMV😀

• Like 2

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

Part two of travel day. 

………..,,right?

With the day you are having maybe you want to wait until morning to do emed tests.  Have some wine and enjoy your evening!!   Soon you will be cruising again🤩

• Like 4

5 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

They are not celebrities,Mimi,just regular people. I read their bios and have 10 that I could root for but will weed them out once the show begins.

You’re 100% right!
I’ve been seeing clips of something I thought was the new Survivor. 
It was all names a lot of us would recognize, like Ray Lewis, retired NFL player. 
Obviously it’s a different show, but the clips looked like Survivor!

4 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

I think you are talking about Beyond the Edge which is a new Survivor like show that is all celebrities.  I thought Survivor was going to be celebrities too when I caught the end of one of the promotional commercials one day.

Survivor is next week with just "regular" people.

Yeah, the light dawned a little late!