Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

9 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

I met up with my daughter in London and we caught the Eurostar to Paris and spent a week in the Latin Quarter.  I also loved Sainte Chapelle for those beautiful windows & Musee D’Orsay.  Also enjoyed:

All the walking I did along the Seine 

Rodin Museum & the beautiful gardens

Le Pantheon & Jardin Du Luxembourg

Palais Garner, Opera National deParis

Musee D’Orangerie for Monet’s Water Lillies

First night watching the sunset from Montparnasse Tower Observation Deck

Last night doing a sunset sightseeing cruise

Oh wow, your daughter loves in London ! How wonderful to see her, I guess it's been a while with lockdown and all. Sounds like you've had a great time in Paris 

Good evening.

My follow up BCC op appointment went well at the hospital this afternoon.

The consultant confirmed it was a BCC they cut out and it was 

9mm × 3mm and they had taken an extra 3mm away around the cancer.

She was happy with the healing.

Graham.

• Like 22

13 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good evening.

Graham.

I guess that's good news, right Graham (other than it being benign)?  Basal Cell is very slow spreading and is almost certainly gone now that they've removed it.  

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I guess that's good news, right Graham (other than it being benign)?  Basal Cell is very slow spreading and is almost certainly gone now that they've removed it.  

Thank you Bob.

2 different consultants were convinced it was a BCC before my op on Christmas Eve so no Biopsy was done and it was just cut out.

Graham.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good evening.

Graham.

Happy to hear this news. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Hope you're all doing well by now. So when is it the best time to take a test for optimum result

Mmmmm not sure, this was in February. Then we could get unlimited free lateral flow tests. So once I knew my SIL had covid, I tested every day. We had dinner together on a Monday and she tested positive on Tuesday. I think it was Friday or Saturday before I got a positive result. Gary caught it a couple of days later.  It was fairly mild, like a cold. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sgmn said:

Oh wow, your daughter loves in London ! How wonderful to see her, I guess it's been a while with lockdown and all. Sounds like you've had a great time in Paris 

My daughter and her best friend obtained working holiday visas and lived and worked in London for 18 months.  This was pre-pandemic but during the time London was on high alert for terror attacks.  The horrific and absolutely tragic London Bridge terrorist attack occurred whilst they were there. Despite this, they always felt safe due to the high police presence everywhere and thoroughly enjoyed their time in London.

I flew over at the end of her visa and we had a lovely time in London and then Paris.  

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 4

12 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Nancy, should you decide to give those books a try, that's the chronological order (and not the publication order, which is very confusing...) Also, #2 & #7 have different names in UK and US.

Second Violin (2007)  
2) Riptide / Bluffing Mr. Churchill (2001)  
Black Out (1995)  
A Lily of the Field (2010)  
Old Flames (1996)  
Friends and Traitors (2017)  
7) Flesh Wounds / Blue Rondo (2005)  
A Little White Death (1960) )

Thank you so much.

I hate reading in publication order if the author goes back and forth with screwy time frames.

Clive Cussler did this with the Isaac Bell series. I read them in publication order and it was a mind melt!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

Obviously, I wasn’t talking about you or your son.  

I will now offend people from another state.  Packer fans.  I grew up idolizing Bart Star and Vince Lombardi.  I have customers with the DW and I at a Ram’s game in St Louis, around the time Aaron Rogers won his Super Bowl.  The Rams were only fair at that time.  Packers fans follow there team everywhere.  They are passionate.  We are in the 6th row about the 25 yard line.  There were 4 Packer fans behind us.  One was wearing a cheesehead, and the “ONE” was wearing a green and yellow Mexican wrestling mask.  They were all drinking beer heavily.  Unfortunately, for us, the Packers had a great game, and every time they scored in the first half the “ONE” would jump up giving us a shower of beer.  He would then order a new one.  The only saving grace was, he went to sleep at half time.  I am reluctant to show up to a football game against the Packers if the home team is not very good, and the tickets become readily available, because I know there are a lot of those kind of fans that will drive / fly to a game and they will primarily drink until they can’t.  

JC

I have a cousin who played for the Packers.

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good evening.

Graham.

Somehow I missed that you were having another one removed. I'm glad it went well.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Somehow I missed that you were having another one removed. I'm glad it went well.

I didn't thanks.

Today was a follow up appointment with the consultant to check on the healing of my op on Christmas Eve.

She was happy with the healing and said I could contact her any time in the next 12 month's for an appointment if I had any concerns.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I didn't thanks.

Today was a follow up appointment with the consultant to check on the healing of my op on Christmas Eve.

She was happy with the healing and said I could contact her any time in the next 12 month's for an appointment if I had any concerns.

Now I understand.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

London is an awesome city.

Sure is.

We loved the (free) Sky Garden observation deck

Visiting the Buckingham Palace

Summer Rooms

Seeing all the Royal horse-drawn stage coaches at the Royal Mews.

Churchill War Museum was fascinating 

tour of Tower of London was interesting 

London Eye

Had fun at Madame Tussauds

Visited lots of parks, markets & saw a few musicals

Day trip to Bath

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good evening.

Graham.

Comforting news!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, aussielozzie18 said:

My daughter and her best friend obtained working holiday visas and lived and worked in London for 18 months.  This was pre-pandemic but during the time London was on high alert for terror attacks.  The horrific and absolutely tragic London Bridge terrorist attack occurred whilst they were there. Despite this, they always felt safe due to the high police presence everywhere and thoroughly enjoyed their time in London.

I flew over at the end of her visa and we had a lovely time in London and then Paris.  

My granddaughter did a semester abroad in London, interning for an MP. 
She loved the whole experience and was there when the Queen came to open Parliament. Megan was in the second row when the Queen walked by, and in the photo her eyes were as big as saucers! 
She was in a club very close to the terrorist attack. She called her parents right away who notified everybody so we wouldn’t worry. 

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

London is an awesome city.

Sadly just cancelled our trip to London.  We have an 11 day Baltic cruise scheduled for August and the plan was to go to London for 5 days first then fly to CPH and do the cruise.  Decided to just do the cruise and save London for another year.

• Like 9

4 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

Obviously, I wasn’t talking about you or your son.  

I will now offend people from another state.  Packer fans.  I grew up idolizing Bart Star and Vince Lombardi.  I have customers with the DW and I at a Ram’s game in St Louis, around the time Aaron Rogers won his Super Bowl.  The Rams were only fair at that time.  Packers fans follow there team everywhere.  They are passionate.  We are in the 6th row about the 25 yard line.  There were 4 Packer fans behind us.  One was wearing a cheesehead, and the “ONE” was wearing a green and yellow Mexican wrestling mask.  They were all drinking beer heavily.  Unfortunately, for us, the Packers had a great game, and every time they scored in the first half the “ONE” would jump up giving us a shower of beer.  He would then order a new one.  The only saving grace was, he went to sleep at half time.  I am reluctant to show up to a football game against the Packers if the home team is not very good, and the tickets become readily available, because I know there are a lot of those kind of fans that will drive / fly to a game and they will primarily drink until they can’t.  

JC

My husband Dan was a diehard Packers fan.  He even went to the 1st and 2nd Superbowls

• Like 4

4 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

I grew up idolizing Bart Star and Vince Lombardi.

Now you're talking with Vince Lombardi.  Fordham University Rams .... Vince Lombardi, Seven Blocks of Granite. 

Trust me ... no one would bother you at a Fordham game.  

😉 

215b107f.png

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good evening.

Graham.

Good to hear,Graham

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, mets07 said:

Now you're talking with Vince Lombardi.  Fordham University Rams .... Vince Lombardi, Seven Blocks of Granite. 

Trust me ... no one would bother you at a Fordham game.  

😉

215b107f.png

I was at many Fordham basketball games many,many years ago.

There is a true spirit of pride to be a Ram.I am referring to when Johnny Bach was coaching there.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good evening.

Graham.

Thankful to hear the Good news Graham.  

• Thanks 1