Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

51 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

We did the same Cruise Line ship  tour bus went to both the Garden and the Castle. Garden was first for us then the Castle, Heard they can sometimes do it in reverse to cut down on the amount of people at the Castle at one time. Castle isn't that large like it sounds.

Hope your Husbands surgery is not serious and gets well soon.

Have you rebooked  the canceled cruise?

We have not rebooked the Pacific coastal.  We will , though .   It is a port intensive cruise with an overnight in San Francisco. We had scheduled 3 nights in Vancouver before flying home.  Our next cruise is to Hawaii next year.

Husband’s surgery is a knee replacement. It is a common procedure and I think Greg would consider it serious. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Well I can't go due to puppies getting spayed and neutered next week but if anyone wants a cheap transatlantic, I priced Allure next week for two in balcony cabin for $1645. Ridiculously cheap. Wish we could swing it.

A couple days ago, Anthem was going for $1,027 for two in a balcony.  Of course, one way air was about $5,000 to get home. 

That is the one we have booked for next May. 

Edited by h20skibum
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, xpcdoojk said:

The public bus is easy.  We went to Victoria on a Ferry from Port Angelas Washington back in 2003.  Walked around town, caught the local bus to the gardens, returned on the local bus and took the ferry back to Washington.  

I would just like the ships tour because of your limited time in the port.

jc

Gardens close at 5pm,  so  the OP who posted arriving at 4pm in Victoria, The Gardens is a No go for this sure.

4 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

We're on Quantum in September...both our first Q class cruise and our first Alaska cruise.  We're still trying to figure out what to do in Victoria since we're there from 4:00pm to 10:00pm.  Many things are closed at that time, including the castle.  Maybe just a nice dinner somewhere.

Not enough time for Butchart Gardens, unfortunately. They close at 5pm. 
It’s an odd time in port, so maybe there are some shore excursions that fit. 
Afternoon tea at the Empress requires advance reservations. The timing for that would work, though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NHProud said:

We have not rebooked the Pacific coastal.  We will , though .   It is a port intensive cruise with an overnight in San Francisco. We had scheduled 3 nights in Vancouver before flying home.  Our next cruise is to Hawaii next year.

Husband’s surgery is a knee replacement. It is a common procedure and I think Greg would consider it serious. 

Was this a Celebrity Cruise that over nights in San Francisco?

10 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Gardens close at 5pm,  so  the OP who posted arriving at 4pm in Victoria, The Gardens is a No go for this sure.

People on my rollcall have Butchart booked through the cruise line and have been told the gardens are open later for cruise excursions.  We are also in port 4 to 10 pm.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

People on my rollcall have Butchart booked through the cruise line and have been told the gardens are open later for cruise excursions.  We are also in port 4 to 10 pm.

I wouldn't bet on that happening. Sounds like more cancellations coming to me.

But if they do open that late it will be for both cruise passengers and the public to make it worth while for the Garden, not just cruise passengers but because of Covid who know what they will really do until you are actually there.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, NHProud said:

It’s common but with serious rehab. 
And failure to commit to the rehab can make it really serious. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

If they taste as great as they look, they must be the best cakes ever. Clearly she would never put raisins in anything. 🙂

My sister in law got a cake from the bakery in Hoboken featured on Cake Boss for my nephew's birthday one year.  Besides it costing way too much, it really didn't taste that good.  Was decorated wonderfully but definitely a once and done.

@sgmn beautiful cakes, nice to have someone who can do that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Not enough time for Butchart Gardens, unfortunately. They close at 5pm. 
It’s an odd time in port, so maybe there are some shore excursions that fit. 
Afternoon tea at the Empress requires advance reservations. The timing for that would work, though. 

Odd time indeed.  Maybe because we're doing Endicott Arm (5-10am) and Juneau (1-8pm) on the same day?  Maybe staying in Juneau until 8pm means they can't get to Victoria any faster than 4pm, even with a sea day in between?  I'll check out tea at the Empress.  That could be a nice couple of hours.

46 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Thanks.  I'll look into that.  The Gardens were our first choice but when I saw they close at 5pm, I wrote them off.  Didn't think to see if a ship's excursion could be there longer.

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Was this a Celebrity Cruise that over nights in San Francisco?

Yes , it is the Celebrity Millennium San Diego ——> Vancouver.

How is the kitchen remodel coming along ? Still going with the sealed bricks for flooring ?

Thank you for your well wishes .  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

That is expensive compared to Anthem's TA next week.  I just priced an balcony for two and it is $894 total including all taxes and fees. 😱  It would be even cheaper if I went with an obstructed view balcony.

My mistake it was Anthem, I typed Allure.

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

A couple days ago, Anthem was going for $1,027 for two in a balcony.  Of course, one way air was about $5,000 to get home. 

That is the one we have booked for next May. 

I figured that would be the trade off getting air this quickly.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

@Lionesss Sue, how are you and Rick doing today?

Better knowing the DD and DSIL and woofers will be visiting this Sunday, and we will be dog sitting two German Shepherd for four days.

Oh still think I will find Carrie on her cushions but it is getting better.

Just takes time

TY for asking. 

• Like 16

1 hour ago, jagsfan said:

It’s common but with serious rehab. 
And failure to commit to the rehab can make it really serious. 

All surgeries are serious for sure and you are  absolutely correct about rehab.

How’s your arm ?   

Judy

Edited by NHProud

2 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Oh still think I will find Carrie on her cushions but it is getting better.

Just takes time

TY for asking. 

Hang in there I know it's tough. We still mourn Maggie and Penny even though we now have the puppies Lizzy and Charlie.

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Hang in there I know it's tough. We still mourn Maggie and Penny even though we now have the puppies Lizzy and Charlie.

One of my favorite singers Jerry Jeff Walker wrote Mr Bojangles , there is a line in the song about his dog passing 

“After 20 years he still grieves “

Edited by George C
  • Like 8

20 minutes ago, NHProud said:

Yes , it is the Celebrity Millennium San Diego ——> Vancouver.

How is the kitchen remodel coming along ? Still going with the sealed bricks for flooring ?

Thank you for your well wishes .  

Just about ready to sign the contract, there has been a few revisions along the way to take care of before we sign. Start date tentatively is around August 1st and done by October 1st. We did tell them however that they can come anytime before  August 1st if they like and do the demo and tear out all the old cabinets and take out all appliances. They also have a few walls to take down for the open floor plan.

We told them we can get by with no Kitchen upstairs because we still have the Inlaw Suite downstairs with the full kitchen down there we can use.

Bricks on the floor and bricks on Fireplace and the Wall above cabinets is  still on the plans. 🙂

Sounds like your Celebrity Cruise is similar to the Pacific Coastal Cruise and Alaska cruise we did when we did our B2B on Celebrity Infinity years ago. Ours was 18 days in total. 11 and a 7 day cruises.

After the Alaska cruise ended in Vancouver, we rented a car and drove to Portland, Oregon and spent another 4 days touring that area  before flying back to Philadelphia.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, George C said:

One of my favorite singers Jerry Jeff Walker wrote Mr Bojangles , there is a line in the song about his dog passing 

“After 20 years he still greaves “

That great song always makes me sad. I'm always said it doesn't get any easier just easier to deal with.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Keksie said:

Pictures from the Raptor Center please.  Sounds very interesting.  The museum is very interesting in Skagway.

I am looking forward to taking those pics.  I looked up the museum and then remembered it was a place we wanted to visit.  It is now on the list.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Odd time indeed.  Maybe because we're doing Endicott Arm (5-10am) and Juneau (1-8pm) on the same day?  Maybe staying in Juneau until 8pm means they can't get to Victoria any faster than 4pm, even with a sea day in between?  I'll check out tea at the Empress.  That could be a nice couple of hours.

Thanks.  I'll look into that.  The Gardens were our first choice but when I saw they close at 5pm, I wrote them off.  Didn't think to see if a ship's excursion could be there longer.

We will be in Victoria on May 22nd.  I will let you know what happens.  We aren't going to Butchart as we have been before but I am sure someone on my rollcall will post about it.

36 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

My mistake it was Anthem, I typed Allure.

$258 starting price for an obstructed view balcony is crazy low for an 11 day cruise.

• Like 2

We didn’t chase out our nesting robin, but maybe we should have.  She was a terrible mother!   She kept going out drinking, or something, and she kept loosing her eggs.  

Three….two…..one……none

F9CF81D5-530A-415E-BE4D-3BB9D140AB67.thumb.jpeg.47be599be172f3597451cdb1b517f827.jpeg

Maybe she needed pointers from these geese we found this morning.  The first little ones we have seen this spring. 

455B5EAF-4052-4B74-B223-3334F01080DD.thumb.jpeg.60a403c24b288dee5756e5b454e81e8a.jpeg

• Like 10

6 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

We're on Quantum in September...both our first Q class cruise and our first Alaska cruise.  We're still trying to figure out what to do in Victoria since we're there from 4:00pm to 10:00pm.  Many things are closed at that time, including the castle.  Maybe just a nice dinner somewhere.

One thing I was considering was the Victoria Pedicab Company.      It looks like a lot of fun.  It reminded of riding tuk tuks in Cambodia except bikes.  They do tours around the town and work around cruise times.  

• Like 1