Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

45 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Our only plan is to snorkel with the turtles again in Curaçao.  The rest will just be enjoying beach time. 

Our last hardsides were purple.  The new ones are baby blue.  We also have an 11 am port check in.  Not sure if we will do a hotel shuttle or just a cab or Uber. Safe travels to you too.

We all need to make plans to meet up for a drink and introduce ourselves.

I have been on 3 cruises with Arzeena and her husband.Marietta and Charlie were on the last cruise I was on but unfortunately we did not get to meet.A guy named John to posted on here in 2020 but then proofed was on a cruise that I was on a few years ago and a woman named Evie who also posted on here once in 2020 was on several cruises that I was on.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

Speaking of suitcases, we ordered the new hard side ones from Amazon.

We got some Samsonite hard suitcases before the last cruise.  We love them.  They roll nice.  We usually only use one each so we are having to also use the old ones this time.

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

This trip is an 8 day Allure to Labadee, Aruba, and Curaçao.

We have Allure booked with the same itinerary in October.  We have never been to Aruba.  We will eat at the place that was suggested here.  

DW has an alarm for the airline set at 1pm today.  Time to go test.  Wish us luck!

• Like 10

5 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

It does for me too Lenny.

Always good to read your posts.

Debbie who joined us here last night is one of the nicest people that I have ever posted with on CC.I am so happy that she came here and hope that she becomes a regular .

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We got some Samsonite hard suitcases before the last cruise.  We love them.  They roll nice.  We usually only use one each so we are having to also use the old ones this time.

We have Allure booked with the same itinerary in October.  We have never been to Aruba.  We will eat at the place that was suggested here.  

DW has an alarm for the airline set at 1pm today.  Time to go test.  Wish us luck!

The first time we went to Aruba we did not like it.A good friend of mine from HS was born there and goes back frequently with her family told me to try again .We listened to her and loved Aruba.We have been there several times.I hope you will enjoy the island as much as we do.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

The insurance company should have resolved you claim by now. This is unacceptable.

Have a great cruise. Will you be doing a review?

I hope one of three is our cruise on Voyager to Tortola? Come join us.

Agree that they should have had something by now.  It is such a minor claim.  I hate to think what it would be like for something major.  And here I am with five cruises booked with the same insurance.

Since Sue said she is sure she will be doing one, maybe I will just add my two cents to hers.

The three I am looking at are to pick one for this fall.  I am still looking at that one on Voyager for next fall.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

There will be a lot of that happening on the Bella Cruise.  I'm not booked yet...waiting to see when my daughter decides to book her wedding.  Spring of 2023 is still a possibility, although fall is more likely.  Micheline will almost certainly not want anything else on our calendar for at least a month before the wedding.

If I could get out of one commitment, I could book the Bella cruise.  I need something for March.  I would have to go back to flying only one day before, and we can still get snowstorms in the snow belt at that time of year. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Because she is traveling, my wife did an early check in and got an A boarding.  I guess I need her to save me a seat.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

This is an interesting idea.  We could create a bunch of questions like what is Greg's favorite rum?  What is Graham's niece's name? What is Dani's husband's hobby?  What is Crystal's favorite vacation place?  Makes me want to re-read the first few pages of this thread to see what we said. 

Hmm I think I only know the answer to 1 of those questions...maybe 2.

@grapau27  Grahams niece name is Sara?

@singinalot   Favorite vacation place is Greece?

I think I need to reread this thread from he beginning....be back in  3 months. LOL

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 3
  • Haha 12

55 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Lenny, I looked high and low for you on our December 2019 cruise😳

I am so sorry that we never got to meet.That was the cruise that I spent nearly the entire time in the cabin because I could not walk that much.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Hmm I think I only know the answer to 1 of those questions...maybe 2.

@grapau27  Grahams niece name is Sara?

@singinalot   Favorite vacation place is Greece?

I think I need to reread this thread from he beginning....be back in  3 months. LOL

You would not only have to read every post you would also have to memorize every post.

• Like 3

I am about to do something that I have never done before on line.

As I have previously posted I exchanged e-mail addresses with Bella’s male human and sent him pictures of me with my grand dogs.If anyone would like to see those pictures or a family picture I am going to post my e-mail address.I e-mail currently with 12 people who post on CC.

If you e-mail me put your CC name in the subject line.

len16107@aol dot com.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

You said that I can call you H ,remember that post ? 

You are correct, sir! You have a sharp memory. 

Feel free to call me H but hopefully people will not confuse me with @Mrs. H. as last time I checked, I'm a Mr.🥸

• Haha 11

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Debbie who joined us here last night is one of the nicest people that I have ever posted with on CC.I am so happy that she came here and hope that she becomes a regular .

Debbie who??  I'm certainly not one of the nicest people.  lol

• Haha 6

16 hours ago, Mrs. H. said:

Thank you for the invite. 

Welcome @Mrs.H..

I have posted on a Floataway lounge thread for 3 years and the posters have never met but we are all good friends.

Dani's thread is friendly and you will be welcomed warmly.

I'm Graham and my wife is Pauline.

Lenny is well liked on here.

Graham.

IMG_20220416_114952.jpg

• Like 11

Ok, where's all the Brooklyn people? 

I was reading some posts while I was on a zoom meeting earlier this morning.

I was born and raised by the Verrazzano Bridge.   We were so close, there was a time they knocked on my father's door and said we had to move since the highway was going to go thru our house. (eminent domain)  Dad started looking for a new house, but they moved the highway over by a block, so we never got to move.  We were able to see the bridge from our kitchen and bathroom windows.

Love to hear from others on where they hung out in Bay Ridge.

I see Len mentioned Crazy Country Club with the warm beer and louse food.  lol

• Like 5

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Debbie, @Mrs. H., I choose to welcome among us with a picture of a .... cat (a hint to the test "What is Dani's DH hobby?")

image.thumb.jpeg.3c8ef283868d4608cdb45e5fc074bf14.jpeg

So, now, we have Debbie1 ( @Sunshine3601), Debbie2 ( @Mrs. H.), Debbi ( @brillohead) and, last, but not [by any means] least Deb ( @Momof3gurlz).

Absolutely Gorgeous Cat!    Looks very sweet too.  I see a scar on her nose and makes me sad to think he/she lives on the street. 

Growing up I only knew one other Debbie and now I know several🤩

• Like 5

Such a lovely picture.

4 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Welcome @Mrs.H..

I have posted on a Floataway lounge thread for 3 years and the posters have never met but we are all good friends.

Dani's thread is friendly and you will be welcomed warmly.

I'm Graham and my wife is Pauline.

Lenny is well liked on here.

Graham.

IMG_20220416_114952.jpg

Such a lovely picture.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Growing up I only knew one other Debbie and now I know several🤩

My Mom had the name Robert Jr. picked out for me so when I was born, (Shore Road Hospital/Bklyn),

they asked my Mom 'what is it' and she said "a boy" and they asked again and she said "a boy' so they slapped her and she said "a girl" which was her 3rd girl.  She said she liked the name Debbie and Gayle and they didn't put Debbie on birth certificates, but I think she saw the name on a nurses uniform and went with it after deciding on a name for 7 days.  lol   

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Mrs. H. said:

Ok, where's all the Brooklyn people? 

I was reading some posts while I was on a zoom meeting earlier this morning.

I was born and raised by the Verrazzano Bridge.   We were so close, there was a time they knocked on my father's door and said we had to move since the highway was going to go thru our house. (eminent domain)  Dad started looking for a new house, but they moved the highway over by a block, so we never got to move.  We were able to see the bridge from our kitchen and bathroom windows.

Love to hear from others on where they hung out in Bay Ridge.

I see Len mentioned Crazy Country Club with the warm beer and louse food.  lol

I grew up on a different area of Brooklyn in Ridgewood across the street from queens . Also lived in Carrol gardens which is close to the Brooklyn bridge , also worked for a while at A&S in IT. 

• Like 2