Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

47 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

fingers and toes crossed for negative tests

I also have PA connections.My niece Kim grew up in Lower Merion.Her father was an Ortopedic Surgeon there.Our friends who live in NJ and also have a residence in LBI who you told me you do not know them both grew up in a suburb of Philadelphia.

25 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

This is all Newyorkese to me!🤣

I have friends living in Manchester,Jackson and North Bergen.Relatives living in Manalapan,Marlboro and Barnegat.Former co workers who grew up in Lakewood ,Cherry Hill and Manihawkin .The first place that I ever went to other than Brooklyn was Newark.

42 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

I took my Mom for a series of MRI scans yesterday and one of them shows a cyst on her spine.  They are doing that scan again tomorrow but with contrast this time.  She has an urgent referral to neurosurgery.  If she finds out she is having surgery next week, I am not sure I want to be so far away just in case there is an issue.

Sad to hear. I hope all goes well with your mom.  It would be to hard to be away with so much uncertainty.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I posted pictures a couple of weeks ago of the raised planting beds that Micheline bought.  They are now fully assembled, filled with dirt, and having plantings in them.  Mostly herbs but also tomatoes, zucchini, a couple of marigolds.  Not sure about the tomatoes and zucchini in fairly small beds but we'll see.  Still learning about what grows in Florida vs what Micheline knew well about Ohio.  We've already seen some signs of squirrel interest, so we put out a fake owl.  Seems to be working.

APC_2786.thumb.JPG.ad83214d14a007599fd198f270a72fc2.JPG

APC_2787.thumb.JPG.63b7b2c065383ff7a0c726e9ffa09b4c.JPG

APC_2788.thumb.JPG.06b9a28d3981367f827ebdff56db60bf.JPG

APC_2790.thumb.JPG.0987cf74e35534832524579a4e004a2b.JPG

• Like 16

16 minutes ago, Mrs. H. said:

They had dh's siblings going to different schools.  Halfway through hubby was switched.

Back in the day they were going to bus me to Lafayette, which was far away from me.

One of my best friends in HS lived in Springfield Gardens,Queens .I can’t remember why.

1 hour ago, reallyitsmema said:

Great news!  Have an awesome time!

We are back to possibly cancelling.  We are supposed to sail Monday, so can cancel under cruise with confidence up until midnight Seattle time on Friday. ☹️

Wait a minute. What did I miss?

Never mind, I found it. Do you know where it is located? I understand your uncertainty. It is hard to be away when "stuff" is going on.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I also have PA connections.My niece Kim grew up in Lower Merion.Her father was an Ortopedic Surgeon there.Our friends who live in NJ and also have a residence in LBI who you told me you do not know them both grew up in a suburb of Philadelphia.

With 6 degrees of separation, I'm certain we're connected 😉

• Haha 8

Made it to my DD house. She loves crafts. A few weeks ago she wanted to try polymer clay so I gave her a bunch of stuff I had.  She has been making beautiful earrings.   We discussed a design and she just showed me.  She is going to surprise Sharon and friend with them.  She just pulled them out of the oven.

20220511_164942.thumb.jpg.64607798b5c052480f0f8cf188a94b6b.jpg

• Like 19

8 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Made it to my DD house. She loves crafts. A few weeks ago she wanted to try polymer clay so I gave her a bunch of stuff I had.  She has been making beautiful earrings.   We discussed a design and she just showed me.  She is going to surprise Sharon and friend with them.  She just pulled them out of the oven.

Those are great.  Very creative.

@reallyitsmema I hope everything turns out so that you can go and not worry about your Mom due to her being ok. 

@Mrs. H. Hello,  my name is Karen, we live in Florida and have 2 dogs and 4 cats currently.  The newest addition to our home is Samantha the Maine Coon cat.

885784664_Samantha4.thumb.jpeg.9e07bd68948da2c74f0d7cc0d8c681b0.jpeg

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

😂 Happy Dance pushing a lawn mower."  😂 When I was done I looked like someone squirted me with a hose!  At least this year I will not wear flip flops!  It was 91° feels like 101°. As some here who have had bad travels, my happy dance will be done at boarding!

Wow it that hot there already!   Flips Flops and mowing are never a good idea (but hate to admit I have done it many times).   Today was a high of 71 but still had a chilly wind for most of the day.     

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Pretty kitties, we will be adopting when we get home from the cruise.

It is hard to not have a fur ball purring around.

Take care

How much fun.  Can't wait to see pictures of the new fluff baby.  Have fun on the cruise

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Those are great.  Very creative.

I think it was on this thread but remember someone posted pics of earrings made of drink stirring sticks.  I showed her a pic of them, she tried a couple patterns and came up with this.  She just finished one, we showed it to Sharon and she loves them.  She plans to wear them the first day.

20220511_172715.thumb.jpg.dc32bdb84de1c6f719848fd28949d126.jpg

• Like 10

1 minute ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I think it was on this thread but remember someone posted pics of earrings made of drink stirring sticks.  I showed her a pic of them, she tried a couple patterns and came up with this.  She just finished one, we showed it to Sharon and she loves them.  She plans to wear them the first day.

20220511_172715.thumb.jpg.dc32bdb84de1c6f719848fd28949d126.jpg

Perfect!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Always loved a classy pair of earrings. 

Mine we’re gifted to me on our Explorer Alaskan cruise a few years back. Made from drink swizzle sticks.  I actually posted these many many pages ago. 

Yup I have the originals. 

😃

65A1535E-7DB2-4E7E-8CEE-064346632E32.jpeg

Edited by Lionesss
  • Like 14

2 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

I took my Mom for a series of MRI scans yesterday and one of them shows a cyst on her spine.  They are doing that scan again tomorrow but with contrast this time.  She has an urgent referral to neurosurgery.  If she finds out she is having surgery next week, I am not sure I want to be so far away just in case there is an issue.

Best wishes for your mom

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Lionesss said:

Always loved a classy pair of earrings. 

Mine we’re gifted to me on our Explorer Alaskan cruise a few years back. Made from drink swizzle sticks.  I actually posted these many many pages ago. 

65A1535E-7DB2-4E7E-8CEE-064346632E32.jpeg

Those are nice!  I don't think any one ha e been seeing them lately. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I am very impressed, she did a great job.  😃  I bet Sharon and your friend will be asked several times where they bought the earrings from.   

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Love it.  Your daughter is so very talented!

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Wow it that hot there already!   Flips Flops and mowing are never a good idea (but hate to admit I have done it many times).   Today was a high of 71 but still had a chilly wind for most of the day.     

Not here.  It was only in the 60's and still breezy here...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1