Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

I had ankle ER surgery 3 days ago to repair 3 breaks.  Lots of hardware and pain.  I didn't see a step down outside my apt complex to get to Jack who was picking me up.  I'm now a rehab in patient. for at least 3 weeks. Bed rest for 2 weeks. Nothing weight bearing. Full use of my foot will take approx. 4 months.Cancelled NJ trip to see kid and grands. Oy!!!

Couldn't read all the posts I've missed.  Hope all is well with everyone.

Bonnie, so sorry to read this.  Ankle injuries are awful.  Hope you have plenty of help and support whilst you are laid up.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I had ankle ER surgery 3 days ago to repair 3 breaks.  Lots of hardware and pain.  I didn't see a step down outside my apt complex to get to Jack who was picking me up.  I'm now a rehab in patient. for at least 3 weeks. Bed rest for 2 weeks. Nothing weight bearing. Full use of my foot will take approx. 4 months.Cancelled NJ trip to see kid and grands. Oy!!!

So sorry to hear Bonnie, amazing how just a second can change everything . Hope you're not in too much pain and mend quickly 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Her Majesty the Queen's Platinum jubilee services are due to start in 45 minutes.

It is currently 55°F and sunny with a high of 62°F expected this afternoon.

I hope everyone is safe and in good health.

Graham.

Just about to put out the bunting outside our house 

• Like 7

We're looking after the crazy pup for a couple of days . Poor molly, she really doesn't like Nala jumping in her face and wanting to play. 

Will be interesting to see how it goes overnight 🤔 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, ATG said:

Wow!  I got gas this morning and it was $4.14.  I passed a BP that was $3.91 cash / $3.99 credit.  That’s in *****, SC.  Our small town local station was $4.29.

It is $2 Canadian a litre here. That would be $1.58 US a litre. Converted to gallons it would be $5.97 US a gallon.  

A lot of that is tax and out government is not going to complain about the cost of fuel when they are being rewarded handsomely.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I am so sorry. Sending healing thoughts and prayers your way. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Get well soon Bonnie!

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I'm so sorry to hear this.  I hope your recovery is quick and fully successful.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Ouch.  I am so sorry and hope the pain goes away quickly and you will be up and about in time.  I am sure you are disappointed about missing the trip.  Take care.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

It is really weird.  When it happened before, I started tasting salt first when my taste started coming back.  You notice textures of food more because that is the only thing that is different when you eat.

Maybe try some dill pickle or salt & vinegar potato chips to spark your taste buds.😄

• Like 2

Bonnie, I hope the healing is quick and you bounce back on your feet quickly, (no pun intended).

Do not understand but we are having a major surge in COVID in our area of Ohio.

Symptoms as broadcast on the news

Headaches

Fever

Body ache

Head congestion.

The local hospital has had a few admissions with COVID, but most if not all have co morbidity issues.

Getting my second booster next week.

Also, just heard the tail end of a story and need to research it.

Hurricane????

Stay healthy 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Oh no, that sounds painful.   Did they put any pins in your ankle?  Bonnie I am so sorry to hear about your accident and wish you a full recovery.💐🌻

Maybe the kids and grands can visit you this summer.

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

OK

Just saw the Hurricane thread.

On a side note.

My DD and her DH met the Weather channel man (do not know which one) in Kansas a few weeks back when he was in their hotel garage doing a story.  They were there for a conference.

She quickly searched the weather report on her phone.

Yup, bad weather coming.

Take care

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Sorry to hear about your ankle.  Hope everything goes well with rehab. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, brillohead said:

Okay, that's just WEIRD.... what the heck, CC????

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Is it *****?

Edit: That's obviously it.  Very strange.

It looks like CC must use the Urban Dictionary to come up with a list of words that are banned. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/31/2022 at 5:27 PM, Ozark_Kid said:

Love the pics.

I hate that our Hawaii cruise got canceled.  Afterwards we are wondering if it would be better just to fly there and enjoy.  We need to research. 

Twice we have flown to Oahu for a couple of days in a hotel, then to Maui and stayed a week in a condo, then to Kauai for another week.
The step down from bustling Oahu to less busy Maui and then tranquil Kauai worked well for us.  
The flights between islands were fun. Smaller planes and friendly crew and happy passengers. 

• Like 7

23 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Mark, thank you for your detailed reply. The reason I've asked is that we're, how should I call it, at the "money time" for our flight to Rome (10 days from today), and then cruise.... 

I've decided not to participate today in my HS group gathering [we haven't seen each other for months, thanks Omicron], and may be decide not to see our kids and grandkids Friday next week, so as not to catch "anything" along the way...

<Sigh>

It’s a fine line to tread to participate in gatherings and know when to stop to be fairly sure of not  getting a positive at the crucial point. 
I felt like a tightrope walker in March. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Sorry to hear this Bonnie. I hope you heal quickly and can get back to things you love.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Twice we have flown to Oahu for a couple of days in a hotel, then to Maui and stayed a week in a condo, then to Kauai for another week.
The step down from bustling Oahu to less busy Maui and then tranquil Kauai worked well for us.  
The flights between islands were fun. Smaller planes and friendly crew and happy passengers. 

I was checking out flights from LA and they were reasonable.   I would probably enjoy a more laid back Maui or Kauai. 

• Like 1