Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

We then grabbed some lunch and having time to kill before an afternoon theatre performance, we drove to Lake Parramatta Reserve (a place I’d never been) and did a short walk in the bush before relaxing in the sun at a lookout.952E2E4F-F5BD-474F-B5BA-B718846E2EDA.thumb.jpeg.eb83ad98061132dc6f55b27470e4f988.jpeg

0761D867-79B1-4B95-A0D5-AF196C9EA7E4.thumb.jpeg.a0c744afef6c245febca1230adcd8bda.jpeg

9477B1D5-C8D6-4044-BF56-DB62665FA237.thumb.jpeg.68cac6b5a17d4fbb482c17cfcc08b319.jpeg

84F87A21-43B8-467A-A803-0FA7FE65E582.thumb.jpeg.bf9bd12e2e28c24179c64897fd101a19.jpeg

0063B98A-859E-4CB6-9819-6769309ADB91.thumb.jpeg.a171ee48afd1841838b22e448fbd38e3.jpeg

The family on the swan paddle boat looked like they were having fun.

• Like 13

11 hours ago, HBE4 said:

More on the Ranger fan who suckered punch the Tampa fan as well as another Ranger fan who tried to stop him from fleeing.  Wondering how much time he'll get sentenced too & if he'll get fired? The video has gotten plenty of views.

https://nypost.com/2022/06/10/sucker-punching-rangers-fan-banned-by-madison-square-garden/

Edit: and yeah, pretty sure it was an ARI (Alcohol Related  Incident). Some people can't hold their liquor. 

I don't know if anyone is watching the NBA finals? We are not big sports fans, but the 4th quarter was exciting and Stephen Curry is an amazing basketball player. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, George C said:

We always stay at 51st and 7th so walking distance to almost everything my only problem is we have expensive taste and like to stay in a suite between that and cost of drinks ( no drink package) we spend lots of money, hoping to visit at Labor Day.

Our daughter had an apartment on 6th Ave and 56th Street.  Great location!

• Like 4

8 hours ago, NHProud said:

We used to visit NYC annually in Feb. . My husband for business and me for pleasure . We used to stay at the Sheraton at 52nd and 7th .  Loved it and once told a Beverly Hills resident I wanted to live in NY . He looked at me like I was crazy .  

Our daughter worked for that Sheraton.  She loved it there☺️

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Thank you all for the well wishes. We’re NEGATIVE, phew, and leaving right now for the airport 😁

Yay Dani!!!  Now go and have yourselves a great time on your cruise!  Where in Rime are you headed?

13 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Made it to NY The plane sat on the tarmac so long that we had to go back to the gate and refuel..  Arrived two hours late. But at least I got here 

Welcome back to NY!  Enjoy your time with your family!☺️

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Thank you all for the well wishes. We’re NEGATIVE, phew, and leaving right now for the airport 😁

Have a great time and make many happy memories!

• Thanks 1

All of this talk about NYC/Times Square reminds me of something I saw the other day that amazed me.  The famous Palace Theater in Times Square was recently raised 30 feet in the air.  THE ENTIRE THEATER. A Doubletree Hotel was previously built around and over the theater.  A new development group is going to change the hotel and put more commercial space in the first 3 floors, below the raised theater.  The outside of the theater will have a massive (even by Times Square standards) video screen.  Two large doors built into the middle of the screen can open to reveal a stage where performers can play to people out in the street.  While the outside of the theater will look very modern, the inside is being completely remodeled to its former glory, but with state of the art technology behind the scenes.  Should be impressive once complete.

This is probably old news to those of you who live near there, but I had no idea it was happening.  It's amazing what you can do with enough money.  Video here for those who are into that kind of stuff.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

13 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

We are on the same cruise. We are also doing the cruise before that. Will you be on that one also?

No, we are just doing the TA but spending 3 days in Copenhagen before boarding.  We've never been there before (or anywhere in Europe, for that matter), and have never done a TA either.  Taking this cruise is a big step for us.

I believe we will be sailing with you on the Bella cruise, too.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, molly361 said:

Made it to NY The plane sat on the tarmac so long that we had to go back to the gate and refuel..  Arrived two hours late. But at least I got here 

Well Ellen, that would be a challenge to find you in NY.  😆 Have a great time!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

This is probably old news to those of you who live near there, but I had no idea it was happening.  It's amazing what you can do with enough money.  Video here for those who are into that kind of stuff.

Great video. I love this type of stuff, and it would put Lisa to sleep. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Yeah!!  Enjoy your trip.  @sgmn hoping you all have same results, looking forward to hearing about your trips.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1