Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 hours ago, jagsfan said:

My only grandson went from wanting Army career to FBI to online game designer. Our son just wants him to finish college and then he’s on his own. 
Is it a guy thing? 
Out of five granddaughters, two are RNs, one is a teacher, one is a CPA, and one just graduated from law school. 
Every one started college with their majors decided and none changed her mind. 

It is nothing just current ,it has always been that way or at least with people I have known.

16 hours ago, Coralc said:

Bill orders Blue Chair online, because it is not available here. He is also a super Kenny Chesney fan. We are headed up to Lake Tahoe in July to his concert. I'm pretty neutral on the rum and the performer. :classic_smile:

I have had the Blue Chair Banana Rum (don't like the cream version). There is a Blue Chair drink called High Tide with the banana rum, pineapple juice, and Sprite. I first had it at a Kenny Chesney concert. I also had it at a bar on St. John (where Kenny owns a home). Although I made it a few times at home, I am more of a cabernet drinker. 🍷

My husband and I are definitely both not neutral on the topic of Kenny Chesney and his concerts. Have  been to at least 15 of his concerts. It is what you might call beach/island country music.🌴

Dani, feel better soon.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, jagsfan said:

My only grandson went from wanting Army career to FBI to online game designer. Our son just wants him to finish college and then he’s on his own. 
Is it a guy thing? 

We used to have this cartoon posted on the refrigerator when my kids were growing up.  As it turned out, one of their friends ended up working as a well-paid video game designer.

image.gif.5d30f97ebf3c04cb188ec0cb6cc44874.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

It’s been a long couple of days here since Andy’s surgery Tuesday morning.  The procedure went fine, pins and a plate were put in that will have to be surgically removed in several weeks.  Once the block wore off, he was in terrible pain even with prescriptions for Oxycodone and Toradol, supplemented with Tylenol.  I set my alarm to get up a couple of times a night to give them to him so that he stays on schedule.  Finally this morning he’s noticed a big improvement.  But he’s also supposed to bend and straighten the fingers on that hand at least every hour or so which results in pain, so it’s really a Catch-22.  I am happy to say he feels well enough to attempt our regular Thursday night trivia with friends at a local restaurant. 
I have a lot of catching up to do here and on Bella’s thread! 

• Like 28

@Sea Dog Have you checked out the new Insta360 ONE RS 1-Inch 360 Edition.  It has duel 1 inch sensors, shots 6k video and was co-engineered with Leica.  Some were wanting 8k video but say the 1 inch sensors make a big difference.  
I know we talked about 360 cameras before but I can’t remember if you got one yet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Finally this morning he’s noticed a big improvement.  

Deb that's great news. Tell Andy to keep up the great work.

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

@Sea Dog Have you checked out the new Insta360 ONE RS 1-Inch 360 Edition.  It has duel 1 inch sensors, shots 6k video and was co-engineered with Leica.  Some were wanting 8k video but say the 1 inch sensors make a big difference.  
I know we talked about 360 cameras before but I can’t remember if you got one yet.

I will have to look at that. I haven't bought one yet. Trying to debate myself whether I want to go through the learning curve. I may put it on Santa's wish list for Christmas. I was hoping the new iPhone 14 would come out before our September cruise but I don't think that is happening. Since my review on Symphony is going to focus on UDP, I may keep pretty basic with my photography. Dual 1 inch sensors sounds very cool. I'm sure it shoots amazing video. I forget did you ever pick one up?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Deb that's great news. Tell Andy to keep up the great work.

I will have to look at that. I haven't bought one yet. Trying to debate myself whether I want to go through the learning curve. I may put it on Santa's wish list for Christmas. I was hoping the new iPhone 14 would come out before our September cruise but I don't think that is happening. Since my review on Symphony is going to focus on UDP, I may keep pretty basic with my photography. Dual 1 inch sensors sounds very cool. I'm sure it shoots amazing video. I forget did you ever pick one up?

I was close to getting one before Alaska but the learning curve of the camera and editing software stopped me.  This one is tempting.   I need to find more pic samples taken with this new one.  The stabilization for video on this one is great. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, derorim said:

We used to have this cartoon posted on the refrigerator when my kids were growing up.  As it turned out, one of their friends ended up working as a well-paid video game designer.

image.gif.5d30f97ebf3c04cb188ec0cb6cc44874.gif

I was told there’s big big money in game designing. If my grandson asked me, I’d remind him of how many gamers there are he’d have to compete with. 
I’m hoping he’ll still change his mind a couple of times!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

It’s been a long couple of days here since Andy’s surgery Tuesday morning.  The procedure went fine, pins and a plate were put in that will have to be surgically removed in several weeks.  Once the block wore off, he was in terrible pain even with prescriptions for Oxycodone and Toradol, supplemented with Tylenol.  I set my alarm to get up a couple of times a night to give them to him so that he stays on schedule.  Finally this morning he’s noticed a big improvement.  But he’s also supposed to bend and straighten the fingers on that hand at least every hour or so which results in pain, so it’s really a Catch-22.  I am happy to say he feels well enough to attempt our regular Thursday night trivia with friends at a local restaurant. 
I have a lot of catching up to do here and on Bella’s thread! 

Bless him, his rehab is going to hurt. 
But not that deep bone ache after the block wore off. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

I was told there’s big big money in game designing. If my grandson asked me, I’d remind him of how many gamers there are he’d have to compete with. 
I’m hoping he’ll still change his mind a couple of times!

My son Jonathan wanted to be a game designer. The problem is and you let your grandson know that most of it requires hours upon hours of mundane writing code. Jonathan was accepted at KU’s computer engineering school to become a designer. His first year he got burnt out and wanted to change his major. It’s one of those fields that you as a person are with her wired for or not. There is a string emphasis on math skills. It does seem very glamorous and if you are good you can make a ton of money. Most of the gam designers come from Asia where they start kids out at a very young age in computer science. I would encourage him to take coding classes now and see if he likes it.

Edited by Sea Dog
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

We used to make an annual golf trip to Myrtle Beach many years ago.  I loved some of the courses up by you...Tidewater in particular.  Crossing the NC border, I remember Oyster Bay and The Pearl both being very good.  I also remember having the best lobster bisque of my life in a small restaurant on the ocean side of 17, somewhere near Dick's Last Resort.  I just tried to find it on Google Maps and either my memory about where it's located is wrong, or it doesn't exist anymore.  Looks like that whole area has grown from what I remember.

We almost bought in Tidewater, the big downside for us was you had to go on a main road to get to the beach which eliminated bikes and golf carts.  My husband has played there as well as a number of other courses in the area.

We have owned here 6 years and have seen a lot changes in that time.  Was it Joe's Bar and Grill you went to?  They have a great deck overlooking the Marsh, we may have been there a time or 2.  Lots of places to go and more keep opening.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, akcruz said:

Was it Joe's Bar and Grill you went to? 

YES...that's it.  Couldn't remember the name but as soon as you said it, that's it.  I was thinking that it was right in 17.  Looks like it is set back a bit.  Might be the best restaurant I've ever been to in MB, although the competition are places like Texas Roadhouse and Hooters.  😁

• Like 1

I played golf this morning and for some reason I just melted in the heat.  I've gotten used to playing in 90 degree weather with humidity...drink lots of water, use ice cold towels around my neck, stay in the shade as much as possible, etc.  Not today though.  I got home and immediately jumped into the pool.  The pool however was 91 degrees.  Almost like bathwater.  Not that refreshing.

IMG_8873_jpg.thumb.JPG.d322cefa1d25632d3c1452587264aab9.JPG

IMG_8875.thumb.JPG.28d05749573b2a04cae676bee5f29adf.JPG

• Like 17

27 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

YES...that's it.  Couldn't remember the name but as soon as you said it, that's it.  I was thinking that it was right in 17.  Looks like it is set back a bit.  Might be the best restaurant I've ever been to in MB, although the competition are places like Texas Roadhouse and Hooters.  😁

Definitely one of our favorites but do try to stay away during heavy tourist times.  One of the newest restaurants to open is Twin Peaks, went once to see it, enough for me, bet many of the guys golf groups will love it 😉.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, akcruz said:

Definitely one of our favorites but do try to stay away during heavy tourist times.  One of the newest restaurants to open is Twin Peaks, went once to see it, enough for me, bet many of the guys golf groups will love it 😉.

I've been to one on a golf trip.  It's a Hooters with a different, and not very subtle, theme.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, akcruz said:

Twin Peaks has very very cold beer , close to freezing, went once many years ago and was drinking a draft and frozen mug broke spilling some very cold beer in my lap. I haven’t returned. 😁😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, akcruz said:

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

I've been to one on a golf trip.  It's a Hooters with a different, and not very subtle, theme.

And my innocent mind was thinking the Twin Peaks restaurant was named after the TV show with similar theme.  Now I get it!! 😲

lol

• Haha 11