Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

8 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Update on the AC:

John found a motor on line, received it on Thursday. He installed it on Friday. Worked OK but it the coils were still freezing up. He went to the hardware store and got some stuff to clean the coils. Still freezing up.

He called a different AC repair place on Mon, explained what was going on and what he did. They came out that afternoon.

We did not need a new unit or complete rebuild.

**We needed a freon charge.**

We did need the new motor, too. But didn't spend anywhere near the $6500 the first place wanted!

Excellent!   

I hope you reported to Angie's list the bad info from original hvac contractor.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, helen haywood said:

On our way to Amelia Island for a few days…we fueled up at a Love’s in Thomson, GA for $3.95!  Did so as gas is much more expensive in Florida!  Today’s beach picture…. Small squall.

914D7629-DBAE-4EAA-B9F9-3DD25586B811.jpeg

Welcome back!  We played golf yesterday morning with that same squall making a few thunder noises here and there.  Thought we might need to hide someplace for a while but we never did.  Typical summer day in Florida.  Are you staying in one of the condo buildings on Fletcher near the Surf Restaurant?  

Edit: Just saw your next picture that included a bit of the pier. 👍

Edited by bobmacliberty
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Coralc said:

We were going to stay there, too. October 2020, for the Transatlantic on Allure. :classic_unsure: It didn't happen. We were also going to fly on Norwegian Airline to Barcelona. And I think they have gone out of business. We received refunds on all of our plans. :classic_smile:

Norwegian airlines is still alive but I think they only do flights in Europe.  I don't see any flights from/to the US.    We flew them when we went to London and loved their prices and their premium seats.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, singinalot said:

And finally, Nate’s reaction to the hockey game the other night
08DC25F3-339C-4A53-B08B-806D127B0784.thumb.jpeg.896f0850d57e36b94df476c868a69807.jpeg

Must have been interesting being an Avs fan in Bolts country.  Although I'm guessing that no one would want to mess with Nate.  And Tampa fans are a little different from NY fans. 

• Like 1

Welcome back @dani negreanu!  Add me to the long list of people wishing you a quick recovery.  I have a golfing buddy who hasn't been able to play with us the last couple of weeks because he was on a cruise in Europe.  He texted me from Malta saying how he loved the island.  I asked when I saw him yesterday and he was on your exact cruise.  I'm interested in hearing your thoughts as compared to his.  I'm glad that you at least got a day or 2 to enjoy Barcelona.  Great pictures.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Glad things are going relatively well in Florida. Sorry to hear about the upsetting issue with your step son.

Was the original plan for him to come live with you once you got settled? or was it a surprise when he showed up?

Our original plan was for our son in NJ to come join us here in Virginia..........But it's now 1 and half years later and he is still living in his Condo in NJ.  I think he likes the money he is making in NJ at his job to move here but my wife is still hoping someday he moves down here with us.

I'm really not so sure he he ever coming down here to live with us. I just think he likes being independent and living on his own.

He is so busy with work he hasn't even come down to see us here yet and we haven't be back to NJ since we left either.  We talk to him a lot though on phone and see him on Skype.

We have one of those sons too.  He moved to PA when we moved to SC, figured he would end up here eventually but at this point don't think it will happen.  We do see him when we go north to our cabin in the Poconos which is about an hour from him.  He's been here to visit but between work and covid it's been a while.  Kids, you never stop worrying about them regardless of how old they are and boy do some try our patience.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

This is Cody. Cody gives me the death stare when it's time for his food.

FB_IMG_1656471296589.jpg

That look is hilarious. Love Cody's color. Our cat Kylar gives me that look when he wants his Temptations cat treats.

1 hour ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Oh my gosh, that is DISGUSTING. Like a horror film. Gross!!!!

OMG does look like something out of a horror film.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Glad things are going relatively well in Florida. Sorry to hear about the upsetting issue with your step son.

@singinalot

I'm also glad, Crystal, that you're starting to "settle" down.

Any options of work?

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Was the original plan for him to come live with you once you got settled? or was it a surprise when he showed up?

51 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

@dani negreanu   I hope you feel much better today.   Do you need a negative test to fly back home from Barcelona?

Thanks, Debbie. From yesterday, I didn't take any Aspirin for lowering my fever, so that's good. Still, I'd like to sleep all day.

No Covid test was required to fly back from Barcelona to Israel. Lucky me.

@Momof3gurlz Deb, I'm slowly trying to catch up, but also skimming a lot. Hope Andy's hand is better.

@aussielozzie18, aussie, hoping also your hand is better.

@A&L_Ont, Andrew, glad Owen's wrist is "aligned". Fingers crossed to a return of 100% use of it.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

So ever imagined what it would like to be on a futuristic cruise ship on a alien ocean?

584718826_Ship1.thumb.png.9ff9713fda5b62ff28d78662cd50c2de.png

I am beta testing a new AI art program called "Midjourney" It's pretty amazing using keywords to create works of art. 

1322233216_ship3.thumb.png.522579af5855a7920c584cf97b4a54e8.png

1816867048_ship4.thumb.png.0d8baa64a289568e770405a04ade6c87.png

Ship2.thumb.png.01fc83b8802ce14636f3778c5940f128.png

May be a different cruising experience on an alien planet in the future. I wonder what the deluxe drink package will cost?

ship 5.png

Edited by Sea Dog
  • Like 19

42 minutes ago, akcruz said:

We have one of those sons too.  He moved to PA when we moved to SC, figured he would end up here eventually but at this point don't think it will happen.  We do see him when we go north to our cabin in the Poconos which is about an hour from him.  He's been here to visit but between work and covid it's been a while.  Kids, you never stop worrying about them regardless of how old they are and boy do some try our patience.

You may have said before but where in SC are you, we were looking at the Greenville area at first for our move but after looking in that area we  thought it was to super busy and conjested around there for our liking. The roads around there were really bad, took forever even when traveling short distances.

It would have been to much like NJ for us. Looked to a lot of building going around Greenville too, so it was only going to get worse.

Very happy where we are now in VA.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

So ever imagined what it would like to be on a futuristic cruise ship on a alien ocean?

584718826_Ship1.thumb.png.9ff9713fda5b62ff28d78662cd50c2de.png

I am beta testing a new AI art program called "Midjourney" It's pretty amazing using keywords to create works of art. 

1322233216_ship3.thumb.png.522579af5855a7920c584cf97b4a54e8.png

1816867048_ship4.thumb.png.0d8baa64a289568e770405a04ade6c87.png

Ship2.thumb.png.01fc83b8802ce14636f3778c5940f128.png

May be a different cruising experience on an alien planet in the future. I wonder what the deluxe drink package will cost?

ship 5.png

Very cool !

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

ship 5.png

Coming soon to earth. Elon already hired rocket scientists.😁
60% off second guest. Kids sail free😁

• Haha 7

11 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

Yes, we’re at Amelia South.  Currently admiring the myriad of colorful tents on the beach.

If you're looking for something to do tonight, Amy Vickery, one of our favorite local singers/guitarists is playing at PJDs Beer and Wine Garden on 2nd street downtown. PJDs has a really good beer and wine selection, if that's your thing.  The only problem is that it's a small place and will often fill up. 

We found out by accident that the guy who owns the place (Dave) is from Micheline's hometown.  A waiter overheard us mention the name of the town.  Dave's older brother was in Micheline's class and his sister was on the cheerleading squad with her.  It's a somewhat small town where everyone knows each other.  Micheline and Dave did a lot of, "do you remember so and so?  Of course, and his sister such and such that had that thing?  YES...I'd forgoten completely about that".  Small world.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

@JimboOur cats can tell time as well.  I put dry food out for them first thing in the morning but at noon and 5 they get some canned food.  If the morning canned food treat is early, at say, 11:30 am I will get a dual stare at 4:30 instead of 5.

We have more or less same story, I give a cats a can of tuna at 5 pm (wife gives them cat food early in the morning) , the one cat Gracie will not leave my side starting about 3 pm , when it gets close to 5 she starts to meow loudly until she gets her food , other cat just waits knowing his sister will annoy me until I feed them. We are going out tonight to celebrate our 31st anniversary 😁.

• Like 14